Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

4 home grown players for next season!!!

with the new rules for next season, this has to be good news for the kids at the club!!now we will have to give them a chance!!but who will get in the squad every week???

im thinking young keeper on the bench, with spilliane coming back into the first 11 then from there i havent got a clue!! glenn reckons the likes off renton, dailey are not strong enough for the championship yet!!

would jamie cureton count??

who would you lot put in the squad?

[quote user="city till i die"]

with the new rules for next season, this has to be good news for the kids at the club!!now we will have to give them a chance!!but who will get in the squad every week???

im thinking young keeper on the bench, with spilliane coming back into the first 11 then from there i havent got a clue!! glenn reckons the likes off renton, dailey are not strong enough for the championship yet!!

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure that just means English players mate. So no worries their for us. It''s the bigger clubs that need to worry ...

Am I missing something? Is this rule definately going to be in place? If so that is excellent news! Finally the F.A do some good.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="city till i die"]

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure that just means English players mate. So no worries their for us. It''s the bigger clubs that need to worry ...

Am I missing something? Is this rule definately going to be in place? If so that is excellent news! Finally the F.A do some good.

[/quote]it comes into affect next seasonand as for t applying to us much, not really.it just mans players have to have been based in england for 3 years before their 21st birthday(dario dumic?) could count as a domestic player if he is with us at 21 years old.

[quote user="SPat"]So which of our players do NOT count as home grown under the new rules (apart from Lita perhaps)? [:^)]
[/quote]

Does the rule actually mean players who have played for Norwich for 3 years or players who have played in English domestic football for 3 years?

I can''t see it having much effect. Most of the foreign kids that the likes of Arsenal are grooming are in the UK before their 18th birthday, so they''ll be "home grown" for the purposes of this rule.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

Simple as that then, it won''t change a thing in the football league and until applied to the premiership (which will never happen) it''s worse than useless.

[/quote]

Are you joking me? This rule only applied to the football league ...

Oh my god. Just when I think the FA do something worthwhile, they infact prove how pathetic and clueless they are. I hope you have got it wrong but something tells me you haven''t ...

Means nothing until it is applied to Premiership Clubs, as all the League clubs comply to it already! The only real possible future exception being QPR who have the clout to fill their team with expensive foreigners.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Means nothing until it is applied to Premiership Clubs, as all the League clubs comply to it already! The only real possible future exception being QPR who have the clout to fill their team with expensive foreigners.[/quote]

Agreed the FA are to gutless to ever implement something that will upset the big boys in the premiership. The big four clubs in this country call the shots not the FA.

STUPID RULE

done to help the english game but confirmed arsenal players such as fabregas djorouou would all come under the new rule as home grown