Sign in to follow this  
Kent Canary

Darren Ward - Number One?

Anyone else notice on the Canaries web site that both Greeno and Darren Ward have got the squad number one? I see also that Gallacher has been allocated 12, which I believe was Crichton''s old number, where I would expect them to put the second keeper.

Is this a website mistake or not..?!

I just heard a very nasty rumour from a work colleague of mine. He said that he was talking to someone in the know at the weekend and he was sure that Norwich had done a deal with Arsenal for Greeno, and that we got Ward for our 1st choice keeper.
Also it seems a bit strange that Greeno had a "Stomach bug" for Saturday''s game??

I am a bit concerned. However, haven''t Arsenal signed a Spanish keeper in the summer? Also, Green hasn''t got any Prem. Experience.

The way I see it is, we may or maynot of done a deal (Bentley on load could be a sweetener.) However, I doubt he would go this year. I would think he would go if we went back down.

Also, isn''t he from Gravesend? So he would be closer to the family?

People stay he has signed a new deal, but what does that really mean in todays footballing world?

Just my thoughts,

I am sure he will stay.

NC ''tilI I die

i wouldn''t look too much into it. both gallacher and lewis have got the number 12 next to them so it must be a keeper thing.

Why is it strange to have a stomach bug? Even if he was to be sold, which he isn''t, why would he have to miss a pre-season game. Or maybe he actually had a bust-up with Worthy?

I wouldn''t think Arsenal would sign a keeper who is unproven at this level, after Wright. Surely they would wait until Jan at least to see how he fares in the coming months....