Sign in to follow this  
Siva

Centre Half solution

According to Worthy we''re still looking for a centre half and a centre forward. I''ve just read that ''Dellas'' (the Greek defender) is not wanted at Roma and is available. His performances for Greece at Euro 2004 were inspirational ! He is big, commanding, strong in the air & can sneek the odd goal (as in the semi-final against Czech Republic). As Greek players are still considered somewhat ''unfashionable'' I''m sure we could could afford the transfer fee / wages. He also has experience of playing in England with Sheffield United a few years ago. I hope someone reading this has ''influence'' and can advise Worthy (in case he''s not aware of his availability !) as I''m sure he could do a great job for us.

Its true that he is available but can''t see it happening. He has done nothing except when he was with Greece, would command a big transfer fee, and the fact that he played for sheff u would suggest he is not that good

He was superb during the euros - I think he has come on a bit from when he was at the blades. I suspect he will be looking for european football during this season but who knows.

Another option with some prem experience could be dean richards who i see may be looking at returning to Soton - strong with a little pace and lots of experience he could be a good foil for Charlton?

OTBC

Commonly regarded by the Spurs fans I know (I work in N London) as the second worst defender in the premiership - behind Spurs other wonderkid Doherty.

Thanks for update bananaman - happy to scrub him from the options then.

4 million just because he had a good Euro 2004 ?!? In that case forget it ! I was thinking more around about the £500,000 mark !! Amazing how much more valuable a player can become on the basis of a few good, high pofile games ! ''Henry'' must almost be worthless now, following his disappointing showing in Portugal !