Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Kennedy gone

before the knee injury he was looked at by AC, inter etc.he was superbhowever, since being injured he has lost, pace, confidence and some skill (through a lack of games)dont be suprised if he doesnt make 30 before he retires.

I wouldn''t be surprised if he retires by the end of the season to be honest, his knees are clearly trying to tell him something, and it''s better to get out now than cause permanent damage. Poor lad, he could have been a great defender in my opinion.

it wouldd be sa if he had to retire i must agree.... perhaps coaching or even punditry are his thing.... not nice to see any player retire so young, if indeed he does,

jas :)

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So now we do need a centre back... I wonder if the Ward/Bell saga has some distance to go yet.
[/quote]

hmm.. Kennedy picks up an injury which is bad for his career, the Bell/Ward swap story appears, Roder denies it then Kennedy goes back to Celtic and (probably) will never be seen again..... Roeder says he knew where the story came from..... you might be onto something here Chops!

jas :)

Get well soon, to the guy. He''s had a lot of injury''sMy thought when I saw him limp off at Reading was that it was probably the last time I would see him in a Norwich shirt and that seems to be the case.Get well soon John Kennedy.

So if Omo gets recalled by Fulham on 1/1 that leaves us Doc & Drury ??

Did a decent job and showed commitment eg at Bristol where Adebola cynically kicked him on the ankle and he played on because Drury had  gone off injured, Doc was making his comeback  and we had no one else to play CB . He seemed to get worse the more games he played though, hope he has a good career after 3 seasons out.

[quote user="jay kay"]before the knee injury he was looked at by AC, inter etc.he was superbhowever, since being injured he has lost, pace, confidence and some skill (through a lack of games)dont be suprised if he doesnt make 30 before he retires.[/quote]Have to agree ,you can see he had class ,but that is the problem HAD class, sadly he has no pace now due to all those injurys and you can only see one way his career is going  sadly.

Another John Kennedy career ended tragically short it seems. Will this one also be followed by a massive escalation in defense spending?

*cue buxom blonde singing "Happy Christmas" to Mr. Kennedy* 

Shame a good defender, but you could see over the last month that the rigours of championship football were begining to take their toll on him and probably was playing up his injuries. Despite being only 25 though he''s played so few games in his career he probably only has the match experience of a 21 year old. Still though he was a decent player just another player that didnt look able to form a partnership with Doc.

Sad for him that it looks like he''ll struggle to play many games before having to retire!

Overall I think keeping Shackell would of been a better option. Kennedy has been poor in the majority of his last 5-6 games for us!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Another John Kennedy career ended tragically short it seems. Will this one also be followed by a massive escalation in defense spending?

*cue buxom blonde singing "Happy Christmas" to Mr. Kennedy* 

[/quote]Jesus I hope we dont end up with Nixon in defence then!

It would be more appropriate if we picked up a defender named Johnson.  Or maybe John Kennedy''s brother could have a try out for the team, but get "injured" before his debut leaving the youngest brother to drunkenly carry on the family name!

Why do I find an American tragedy so effing amusing?  Merry Xmas y''all.  I''m done work for 2+ weeks, although I will be back here from home.

It would be more appropriate if we picked up a defender named Johnson.  Or maybe John Kennedy''s brother could have a try out for the team, but get "injured" before his debut leaving the youngest brother to drunkenly carry on the family name!

Why do I find an American tragedy so effing amusing?  Merry Xmas y''all.  I''m done work for 2+ weeks, although I will be back here from home.

[/quote]ted Kennedy is a fine senator in my opinion. And while one joke was ok I''m starting to feel a l little uneasy about mocking people who had two of their family members tragically murdered.

[/quote]Don''t know.  Mind you, the similarities are tenuous.  One John Kennedy was the leader of the free world and shot in the head by a sniper, and the other John Kennedy was a professional footballer who injured himself playing football.

king canary, you canNOT be serious about Ted Kennedy being a fine senator.  He is an embarrassment who rides on the Kennedy name. He left a girl to drown in a car he crashed when he was drunk out of his mind.  Then he paraded around in a fake neck support to appear injured.  Come on, you know that guy is a jackass, 100%.  You must.  He is a living caricature.

As for mocking the family, I was not doing that.  I was mocking the screwy but interesting JFK movie in which the conspiracists figured the assassination was done so as to increase US intervention in Viet Nam when Kennedy was supposedly trying to scale it down.  Canary John Kennedy is a defender, the movie JFK mentioned how the assassination would lead to a massive increase in defense spending.  I was expecting someone to jump on THAT set up line and come in with a punch line about Norwich''s spending on defense.  In the years after demotion, it was close to nil, and it was totally crap defense that got us relegated in the first place!

king canary, I am here for amusement.  What I write, I believe, but I almost always write it with humor in mind.  Lighten up.  You''ve acknowledged some of my jokes.  Read everything I write with a cynical, sarcastic mind, and you may enjoy much more of it instead of being offended and finding fault with it. 

king canary?  Isn''t that like being the top lemming, a creature best known for its suicidal tendencies? (canary in a coal mine)

Not going todebate about Ted Kennedy now but as for the other stuff sorry Im issed the joke! only seen the moive once. Interesting, if totally wrong.

Interesting, if totally wrong. - king canary

Holy crap!  We agree on something!  I used to be a big supporter of the conspiracy, mainly because that was the only side of the debate I was getting.  Recent programs demonstrating how all the facts favor the lone gunman line and others that show what a nut Oswald really was have caused me to reverse course.

It is a fascinating movie, though.

Doherty was a rock today, so hopefully we won''t miss Kennedy too much... I know the Ginger Pele''s your favourite Houston, so what did you think of yet another consistent performance (MOM incidentally)?