Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

I was like a kid in chocolate factory!!

... Or a 19 year old in a football ground!! I went to the Norwich City open day today for the first time in my life. I absolutely loved it! I couldn''t take enough in. Even though I have done it before I walked round the pitch and went through the city stand looking at all the corporate lounges. It was great! I have sat in the Barclay for quite a few years now so it was fun to go and sit in other stands and see what it would be like. I went to sit in future seat- lower barclay, back row, block c2! I''ll get down there one day!! Also sat in the "curious yellow" seats in the Jarrold stand. VERY comfy!!

The best part of the day though was going to the fans forum in the Russell Allison lounge. The panel were Munby, Doncaster, Worthy, Cullen, Flem and Jake Humphrey (cbbc) One thing that struck me through the proceedings was how confident the board, mangement and players were. Not in an arrogant way at all. In a "we believe in ourselves" way. Confidence is obviously sky high in the camp at the moment and Flem seemed unconcerned when asked how he would raise morale next year. It was also apparent just how important a role we, as fans, will play next season. We MUST keep the faith. Even when we''re losing 3,4,5-0 we need to keep singing to our hearts content and backing the lads. Wolves didn''t do this. It got the September, heads had dropped and supporters got frustrated. We can''t do this. If we back the players and give them every ounce of support that we can, I see no reason whatsoever why we can''t stay up next year.

Interestingly, Doncaster was asked about the Jonson fee. He said that as Brondby are listed on the stock market, they asked us not to release the fee. Apparently its based on appearences and how long we stay in the Prem, but apart from that he couldn''t say anything.

I had a fantastic day and will certainly be going back next year.

Ps The posters on here who I now recognise is up to two! Nice to see you Kathy!

Keep the faith

DD, i never saw you or kathy, my daughter was busy trying to find out how much her wedding reception might cost if she had it at the club

which of course she will!!

as you said, the forum was great, i can echo every sentiment you make (another easy post to bump up my total!!)

last year I took some school kids on a tour of CR!! Brilliant, we met Gunny who was a top chap and my hero when I was a kid. I could barely speak.....!

We sat in the changing rooms and raced on the pitch. It was a fantastic day and the cub were amazing.

Though I was happier than all the kids put together I reckon!!

My two young boys enjoyed the team coach so much, I had to take them on board twice! It must be the plush leather seats that won them over! A really enjoyable day out, excellent weather and really interesting to see behind the scenes. Went to the top of the ''Jarrold Stand'' and took a few piccies, as the view from there over the City, is as good as the view from Mousehold. Thanks to NCFC and all its staff who ensured we all had a great day.Roll on Saturday OTBC ;~) I unfortunately gave chocolate up two weeks before lent, and haven''t touched it since! Aren''t I a good fellah!...."Who needs Willy Wonka!"

A great day out for all the family! The Club are to be congratulated on making the ground available to us all. I thought the players deserve a day off tomorrow for their patience and as they all must be suffering from writers cramp!

Thank you NCFC

OTBC

Glad you enjoyed open day DD and the forum. I agree wholeheartly about keeping the faith,it will be tough at times but if they have us to rely on and we make as much noise as is possible each week it will help them no end.
I too, am confident that we will stay up and surprise a few people,bring it on,I just cant wait.
P.S. Well Done on your number of posts, I have enjoyed them all and look forward to chatting with you more regularly now that the season has arrived.
lol cityangel x

Nice to hear cityangel. Glad you''ll be back more at the start of the season. I have watched from afar your debates on the tractorboys.com website! I decided not to join in because I don''t think I could be as diplomatic as you but well done for fighting the city corner!

Keep the faith

i couldnt go

bump up bump up.................

I was astonished at the size of the Cue to get Huck''s Autograph, (well Helveg GAllacher and Squizz too).

10 years ago i remember waiting in a group of about 10 lads my age to get Sutton''s, no security or owt just standing on the touchline near the dugout.

Twas a curse tho'' as he was off about a month later.

You should have come up and said hello DD.
I admit still getting a buzz out of Open Day 37 years after going to my first one and having my picture taken with John Manning (black and white!).
As I was sitting on the NCISA stand I was watching people pass and wondering if any of them were fellow posters. None introduced themselves though. Perhaps it was something to do with the fact I was ''glowing'' somewhat. Phew what a scorcher.

Very, very good post and I TOTALLY agree. We MUST support the team whatever happens. Some players are bound to have off days, sometimes the whole team will, but if we moan and get on their backs they are bound to underperform. Encouragement is what they need, from the first minute to the last. Stock up with Strepsils because we should all have sore throats for the next 9 months. OTBC