Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

adam drury deserves better

adam drury had a solid game today in my opinion and deserves better than being ryan bertrands stand in , if only he wasn`t so injury prone then i`d be quite happy for bertrand to go back to chelsea,  i reckon we should have kept mo camara instead of bertrand

[quote user="wayne kerr"]

adam drury had a solid game today in my opinion and deserves better than being ryan bertrands stand in , if only he wasn`t so injury prone then i`d be quite happy for bertrand to go back to chelsea,  i reckon we should have kept mo camara instead of bertrand

[/quote]

Agrred. There is a ridiculous thread currently running .."We need a new left back..."  (Well yes for cover if Bertrand goes or there is an injury)

[quote user="wayne kerr"]

[/quote]

Possibly very true!

All I know is that Drury is better than Bertrand and should be in team ahead of the over rated loanee!

Why are there so many mugs on here? Drury has been a good servant to the club but has always been lacking in quality. He is a defenders defender, in a one-on-one there is no one better. This being said in the modern game full-backs are  a big part of the attacking side too, and Drury just isn''t good at this. His touch is poor, his passing is laboured and predictable and whwnever he has it you get the feeling he is scraed of making a mistake. For me, being Bertrands understudy is the best place for him, he''ll do a solid job but no better. And as for keeping Camara, are you delusional?

[quote user="canariesaregods"]Why are there so many mugs on here? Drury has been a good servant to the club but has always been lacking in quality. He is a defenders defender, in a one-on-one there is no one better. This being said in the modern game full-backs are  a big part of the attacking side too, and Drury just isn''t good at this. His touch is poor, his passing is laboured and predictable and whwnever he has it you get the feeling he is scraed of making a mistake. For me, being Bertrands understudy is the best place for him, he''ll do a solid job but no better. And as for keeping Camara, are you delusional?[/quote]

Drury does what all defenders should do first and foremost, defend well. It didnt hurt us not to have attacking full backs in the season we got promoted with Edworthy and Drury. The games hasnt changed so much that we dont need to be able to defend. Anyway Bertrand has hardly attacked amazingly down the left this season.

[quote user="canariesaregods"]Why are there so many mugs on here? Drury has been a good servant to the club but has always been lacking in quality. He is a defenders defender, in a one-on-one there is no one better. This being said in the modern game full-backs are  a big part of the attacking side too, and Drury just isn''t good at this. His touch is poor, his passing is laboured and predictable and whwnever he has it you get the feeling he is scraed of making a mistake. For me, being Bertrands understudy is the best place for him, he''ll do a solid job but no better. And as for keeping Camara, are you delusional?[/quote]I think this is utterly true. 1 on 1 he''s fabulous, but I''ve never seen a full back so unable to cover for his centre back on crosses coming in from the opposite flank, nor one that chips aimless balls down the line to nobody giving possession straight back to the opposition.

Bertrand has been poor all season. The little we''ve seen of Drury he has offered far more than Berty. Drury is lacking match fitness/sharpness but that is not entirely his fault is it!

It''s fair enough playing a loanee when he is clearly superior to what we have already, but there is no way Bertrand should be only Berty''s understudy! Particularly when Berty may be recalled in just over a weeks time, and we could be left with someone who hasn''t played many games!

[quote user="Mook"]I think this is utterly true. 1 on 1 he''s fabulous, but I''ve never seen a full back so unable to cover for his centre back on crosses coming in from the opposite flank, nor one that chips aimless balls down the line to nobody giving possession straight back to the opposition.[/quote]

What he said....... Someone also described him as one of the best wing backs we''ve ever had..... aren''t they supposed to be able to cross a ball?

I like Mr Drury, he defends well and a run of 6 games or so, would sort out the match fitness. He always gives all he has and does not let many wingers get the better of him, he could be a bit bettergoing forward, but at 30 he is not going to progress that far. We seem to forget that he never really had much help from Hucks when he was in front of him and I can''t see Bell helping that much too.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I like Mr Drury, he defends well and a run of 6 games or so, would sort out the match fitness. He always gives all he has and does not let many wingers get the better of him, he could be a bit bettergoing forward, but at 30 he is not going to progress that far. We seem to forget that he never really had much help from Hucks when he was in front of him and I can''t see Bell helping that much too.[/quote]

Indeed, Bell is a bit of a lazy player. A lot of what he does is more of a token gesture rather than done with real conviction. Didn''t really do a lot to help Drury defensively or going forward.

I think Drury has been crossing the ball well when he''s played this season. In the past that''s always been the weaker part of the game but not so when he''s played this season.