Sign in to follow this  
Ankles

Huckerby presentation pre Forest game is wrong

Joe Ferrari on the Official Board has stated Hucks will be out on the pitch pre-Forest game to thank him for his services to the club.  With Lita playing his last match in his loan session the last thing he needs ot here are misty eyed sections of the crowd singing for another player all match.  What we should be doing is singing "Leroy, Leroy" throughout the 90minutes to make it clear the adulation here there is for him, not some player no longer on the books.

I''m not saying Hucks does not deserve recognition & a proper send off (should have been end of last season but thats another matter) it''s just the timing now is just all wrong

Ankles

The whole damn thing is wrong, this belated "invitation" to get Hucks on the pitch to receive supporter appreciation should have been done months ago, and I can only assume from the facts at hand that it''s taken this long for the club and Darren to find a time convenient to both.

It''s got nothing at all to do with Lita. I am sure he will think nothing of it - he is here on loan and it''s unlikely he could emulate the likes of Huckerby either in our hearts or for his service to the club on the pitch. If we were to buy him and he goes on to contributing something close to what Hucks has achieved, fine. But that''s in the future and anything to do with Darren Huckerby is in the past and at long last we are given the chance to salute him.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Ankles The whole damn thing is wrong, this belated "invitation" to get Hucks on the pitch to receive supporter appreciation should have been done months ago, and I can only assume from the facts at hand that it''s taken this long for the club and Darren to find a time convenient to both. It''s got nothing at all to do with Lita. I am sure he will think nothing of it - he is here on loan and it''s unlikely he could emulate the likes of Huckerby either in our hearts or for his service to the club on the pitch. If we were to buy him and he goes on to contributing something close to what Hucks has achieved, fine. But that''s in the future and anything to do with Darren Huckerby is in the past and at long last we are given the chance to salute him.[/quote]

What was wrong when Dion last played his last game at Carrow Road?...........it could, and should have been done then too!

Does it really have to be an organised event to show your appreciation? You''re like sheep.

He sat in the south stand a few of weeks ago (with much message board promotion) and yet not one song was heard.

Baa Baa

[quote user="Ankles"]

Joe Ferrari on the Official Board has stated Hucks will be out on the pitch pre-Forest game to thank him for his services to the club.  With Lita playing his last match in his loan session the last thing he needs ot here are misty eyed sections of the crowd singing for another player all match.  What we should be doing is singing "Leroy, Leroy" throughout the 90minutes to make it clear the adulation here there is for him, not some player no longer on the books.

I''m not saying Hucks does not deserve recognition & a proper send off (should have been end of last season but thats another matter) it''s just the timing now is just all wrong

[/quote]

But what if Hux is going to introduce Lita as our new signing.......................

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Ankles"]

[/quote]

But what if Hux is going to introduce Lita as our new signing.......................

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

then he wont be doing it before forest.. as we can''t sign anyone until January...

jas :)

Whats wrong about it? Better late than never.

May get the crowd going aswell from kick-off onwards.

[quote user="NorwichRat"]Who''s Huckerby?[/quote]Think he used to play on the left somewhere - a fairly ineffective player when all is said and done.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="NorwichRat"]Who''s Huckerby?[/quote]

Think he used to play on the left somewhere - a fairly ineffective player when all is said and done.

[/quote]

Uh-Oh Here it comes.

TAKE COVER!!!!!!!!!!!

And what, exactly, is stopping you from singing ''Leroy, Leroy'' for the 90 minutes?

I wasn''t aware that we were limited to one song per match. Though judging from some sections of the crowd, maybe i''m wrong.

Christ, applaud and thank Huckerby for his remarkable service to the club, then, when the game actually starts, get behind the lads. Hardly rocket sience now, is it?

legends at clubs should always be remembered a cheered regardless of whats happening on or off the pitch

Perhaps Lita seeing how Hucks is still revered by the fans may prompt him to think to himself "hey I fancy some of that" and make him more keen to join us.

As has been said above nothing to stop you shcnting Lita all game if you want to but will be nice to be able to give Hucks a nice ovation before the game. Given his links to Forest I am sure he will get a good reception from both sets of fans.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Perhaps Lita seeing how Hucks is still revered by the fans may prompt him to think to himself "hey I fancy some of that" and make him more keen to join us.

[/quote]

he may also think " hmmmmmm west brom are paying scott carson 20k a week i fancy some of that"