Sign in to follow this  
ncfc90

We desperately need a new Left back

Bertrand goes back in January, and Adam Drury is jsut crap. Average defensivly, abysmal passing, and he''s terrible going forward. Hopefully we will get a new LB aswell as a CB

[quote user="ncfc90"]Bertrand goes back in January, and Adam Drury is jsut crap. Average defensivly, abysmal passing, and he''s terrible going forward. Hopefully we will get a new LB aswell as a CB[/quote]

I think the main thing you need to bring to this forum in future is silence.

[quote user="ncfc90"]Bertrand goes back in January, and Adam Drury is jsut crap. Average defensivly, abysmal passing, and he''s terrible going forward. Hopefully we will get a new LB aswell as a CB[/quote]

too be fair though bell didnt exactly help him much did he. how many times did he leave the pass short to him??

hes not that bad

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

So you think Drury''s good do you?

I do. Drury is a really good experienced defender - he wasn''t at his best today and looked shattered towards the end, but it''s match sharpness he is lacking, not ability.

But he''s so bad going forward, we need somebody who will bomb on forward especially at home, when teams are hard to break down like today. He always does that sh*t little chip down the line aswell, seems the only thing he can do.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Drury has lost it IMO, he was always a yard off the pace today. I think we need a new left back as well.[/quote]He''s obviously lacking in match fitness re: Glenns reluctance to play him ahead of  Bertrand, but today he had no choice. I''m sure we''ll see him back to the good ol'' Drury soon enough.

Taht''s another thing about him, always injured, although i know that isn''t his fault. But is also a strong point for getting a new LB

[quote user="ncfc90"]Taht''s another thing about him, always injured, although i know that isn''t his fault. But is also a strong point for getting a new LB[/quote]Always injured? Bar a few small injuries, and his back, he had basically no injuries for us and was one of our most consistant players up to his injury. He''s had a few setbacks, but he''ll be back.

Thought Ads did alright today, put some good balls into the box as well which is something that he seems to have improved on quite a lot. He''d be my first choice at left back. Good player in that position for us but it''s essential he gets a run of games.

If we need a new left back on the cheap, we could do a lot worse than pick up Anthony Straker - the 20 year old Aldershot left back. The guy shows a lot of promise, and has pace and quality on the ball and is improving defensively all the time. In my opinion he''s no worse than Ryan Bertrand. And he''d give Drury a good run for his money at left back. It''d be interesting to see if Roeder rates Straker and moves for him in January. From reading various comments made by Roeder over the last month, I have to say I agree with much he has to say concerning the general lack of quality in the lower leagues and in his general appraisal of players and their ability to play at Championship standard. Is Straker good enough? I think so. But does Roeder?

[quote user="ncfc90"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

So you think Drury''s good do you?

[/quote]

I do indeed. Hes an accomplished wing back. He may have been a bit rusty today but with match practice he will come good.

I HATE YOU, Drury is not crap he is about 300,000 times better than Bertrand, he was a better crosser than Bell, Faster than Bell, and mroe inteligent than Bell, he was pretty much playing as winger and LB, you are an Idiot ncfc90

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]I HATE YOU, Drury is not crap he is about 300,000 times better than Bertrand, he was a better crosser than Bell, Faster than Bell, and mroe inteligent than Bell, he was pretty much playing as winger and LB, you are an Idiot ncfc90
[/quote]

Well said that man.

Drury is an average left back, always has been. I don''t think I''ve ever seen him make a tackle either. Gets away with it though cos hes nice little Adam who keeps himself out the spotlight and gets on with it. Never understood the praise he has always recieved.

[quote user="iagzisacocker"]Drury is an average left back, always has been. I don''t think I''ve ever seen him make a tackle either. Gets away with it though cos hes nice little Adam who keeps himself out the spotlight and gets on with it. Never understood the praise he has always recieved.[/quote]Well do you watch him, he makes loads of tackles, in we got premoted, he was best left back out side the premireship, he makes loads of tackles and blocks, he always played well with Hux (and isnt it conviniant Hux worst Season was without Drury)

He''s never been much good. I always assumed it was cos Huckerby never gave him any help but .......

[quote user="iagzisacocker"] I don''t think I''ve ever seen him make a tackle either.[/quote]What a ridiculous comment. Drury is a very good defender, but did appear to be a little bit below par for his usual standard today - probably due to the fact he is not going to be anywhere near match fit at present.But to say he''s never made a tackle, well it makes me wonder if you''ve watched many games he''s played in.

[quote user="iagzisacocker"]Drury is an average left back, always has been. I don''t think I''ve ever seen him make a tackle either. [/quote]

Pardon me? Have you ever seen him play? Lacking match fitness he may be but he''s a quality defender. Bertrand has done well and will no doubt go on to great things - but Drury is a Norwich player and a very good one too. I still think he has the edge oover Bertrand defensively. Not sure what Roeder thinks about Drury''s ability but I am convinced he wants him out of the side for whatever reason. If he gave quality players time to settle in (like Hoolahan) instead of chopping and changing we might start to see some consistency. I am gradually getting convinced Roeder does not want success for this club unless it is in his image, with his players. These may well be loanees rather than Norwich players of course. I hope I am wrong and that Drury does not go out on loan in January...

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]I HATE YOU, Drury is not crap he is about 300,000 times better than Bertrand, he was a better crosser than Bell, Faster than Bell, and mroe inteligent than Bell, he was pretty much playing as winger and LB, you are an Idiot ncfc90
[/quote]

Totally agree.....the weak link on the left today was Bell. 

[quote user="iagzisacocker"]Drury is an average left back, always has been. I don''t think I''ve ever seen him make a tackle either. Gets away with it though cos hes nice little Adam who keeps himself out the spotlight and gets on with it. Never understood the praise he has always recieved.
[/quote]  Why bother posting if you only dont go to games as if you did you would know that is rubbish

Drury has never been the most enterprising defender going forward but then for a good amount of his time here he has had Hucks to feed and that was really all he had to do. I did get a bit tired of his predictable movement forward at the start of yesterday''s game, but second half I think we saw a different side of him and he was really getting forward and put in some quality crosses, showing Bell up to some degree. Yes, he is shot of match fitness and he will be aware as a very steady defender for us, that he has to become more creative going forward. He will have seen the best of Bertrand, which has not unfortunately been this season in my opinion, and he seems to be trying to add a new dimension to his game in the post Hucks era. On his performance towards the end of this weekend''s game he could easily get the nod over Bertrand over this Xmas period, regardless of whether Bertrand is injured.

Could someone please sound the idiot alarm, another one’s appeared again.

Drury is a more than decent left back, who has spent the majority of his Norwich career playing behind Hucks, facing numerous 2-on-1 situations as Hucks wasn’t a great defender. Drury is a good defender, and had shown that for the last few years.

He hasn’t played much first team football recently, so when he comes into the side he’s not going to be a sharp as the rest of the team. He had a decent game yesterday, but wasn’t at his best as he’d hardly played during the last month or so. If he plays against Palace he will be a little sharper and have gained more match fitness.

And yes we all know he doesn’t get forward as much as Bertrand but they are different sorts of players.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]I HATE YOU, Drury is not crap he is about 300,000 times better than Bertrand, he was a better crosser than Bell, Faster than Bell, and mroe inteligent than Bell, he was pretty much playing as winger and LB, you are an Idiot ncfc90[/quote]Are you 12? Seems like it from here.I personally think we need a new full back on both sides if Omozusi is now to be thought of as a center half. Otsemobor is exceptionally inconsistent and defensively frail and I think Bertrand has been the biggest disappointment of all the signings this season. I''d love to see two new full backs with emphasis placed on defensive rather than offensive ability so we can stop conceeding so many goals from counter attacks where our full backs are clearly compromised.

normally someone has to cause me a serious issue for me to hate them ..!!!

i think when drurys fit properly, i think he will do a good a job as any at left back, i think we need 2 centre backs...someone who aint going to keep getting sent off or giving away penalties , week in and out.

Drury is a different better level than the very over rated Bertrand who only gets the nod most times because probably the deal that got him here on loan says that he has to play X amount of games!

We were much more solid with Drury at LB rather than the lightweight, easily pushed about Bertrand!

[quote user="Ginger Pele"][quote user="iagzisacocker"]Drury is an average left back, always has been. I don''t think I''ve ever seen him make a tackle either. Gets away with it though cos hes nice little Adam who keeps himself out the spotlight and gets on with it. Never understood the praise he has always recieved.[/quote]Well do you watch him, he makes loads of tackles, in we got premoted, he was best left back out side the premireship, he makes loads of tackles and blocks, he always played well with Hux (and isnt it conviniant Hux worst Season was without Drury) [/quote]i thought bale was better tbhdrury is an ordinary playerhe doesnt stand up to wingers, he isnt quick enough, he mistimes tacklescan cross a ball from deep though. still not enough to earn a place though