Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana (All Grown Up)

ball boys are the fans?

yes love looking around for Dad/Mum in the crowd and waving and holding the ball up to them instead of throwing it to our players when we are 1-0 down with 4 minutes left... lets leave it to the professionals.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yes love looking around for Dad/Mum in the crowd and waving and holding the ball up to them instead of throwing it to our players when we are 1-0 down with 4 minutes left... lets leave it to the professionals.

[/quote]Professional ball boys...?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Professional ball boys...?
[/quote]

arent they the academy lads?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Professional ball boys...? [/quote]

[/quote]Oh, I thought that they were just kids...

I thought they are usually Academy lads or kids from local youth teams, hence them doing decent keepy-uppies etc before kick off/after kick off.

Did you notice the ball boy in front of the city stand when Charlton had a throw yesterday? He threw the ball away from the Charlton player wasting time as we were leading in the final minutes. Good lad!

I was a ball boy many many years ago.  Had to give back the tracksuit after the match and it was utterly freezing.

I hope the current ball boys aren''t academy lads because they are truly awful. I don''t think I''ve ever seen a bigger lack of enthusiasm and yesterday in the first half, there were 2 sitting right next to each other near the dug out whilst Marshall was left to get his own ball. Shameful stuff :L

Maybe we should get them to do a little routine similar to the Derby ball boys to get them into the swing of things :P

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, I thought that they were just kids...
[/quote]

They are ''just kids''. Or at least they always were. I was a ball boy one game against Walsall a few years back. Simply because NCFC asked my primary school if anybody would like to do it ...

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, I thought that they were just kids...
[/quote]

They are ''just kids''. Or at least they always were. I was a ball boy one game against Walsall a few years back. Simply because NCFC asked my primary school if anybody would like to do it ...

[quote user="Big Ginge"]Did you notice the ball boy in front of the city stand when Charlton had a throw yesterday? He threw the ball away from the Charlton player wasting time as we were leading in the final minutes. Good lad![/quote]lol, Tony Warner nutted one 4 doin that!

i was a ball boy, behind the goal barclay end, a few years back,

the ball had gone out i went to get it, turned around and there was craig fleming grabbing the ball off me, he was screaming and shouting at me, felt like kicking it away from him!!as i was about 13 at the time i gave him a bit of lip back!!which he just grinned at!!i think marshall was in goal and told him to calm down, as i think we were winning 2-0 at the time!!after the game he said sorry, and just made sure i was alright, gave me his shirt that he then signed for me, and got marshalls gloves to!!

I was a ball boy 20 something years ago. Our school provided 8, and got a load of tickets for the rest of the school footie team plus parents. We played Leeds (last home game of the Div 1 winning season in the 80''s) and my mate at the animals end was pelted with coins throughout the game.

They''d got some "pro" ball boys in to collect the balls when they went over the fence - this was the season of the fire destroying the stand...

I would hope they''re still doing the same thing with ball boys - really gets the local community involved.

However, I was the only Norwich fan of the 8 selected for duty. Come to think of it, I was the only Norwich fan in the school footie team. Unsurprisingly there were no Leeds fans in the 8!

Ben

They aren''t from the academy, I have been a ball boy a few times (Coventry at home in the season we went up.) How it worked was Football clubs from all over Norfolk take it in turn, to select 8? players from their club (under 16''s) and they will be ball boys.