Sign in to follow this  
Green&Yellow Fan

harewood?????

I''m not convinced there''s too much in this rumour really. I might be wrong but I would think if we were going to sign a player like Harewood then the deal would have been do by now, rather than a week or two into the "Championship" season. Various reports have said he is unhappy at West Ham, particularly as he has been played on the right wing rather than upfront, but he has continuously denied this in interviews.

One big thing Worthy looks for in all his potential signings is the character and attitude of the player, and most of the stories I have heard about him (which might be wide of the mark, but seem to follow him around a lot) is that he has a bit of an attitude problem which probably wouldn''t sit well with Worthy. When talking about players like Helveg and Jonson, Worthy made a point of mentioning how the players were more than willing to play in different positions for the good of the team if needed. Harewood seems to be complaining about having to do the same thing at West Ham. So whilst we would all look at his goal scoring record and see him as an attractive signing, perhaps Worthy might not be so keen if the homework he does on the player shows that he might not fit into the squad like all his other signings have done so well. Only Worthy can answer that really. I seem to remember him saying something like: Harewood is a good player but is not what we are looking for, or something like that! Plus of course, Palace offered £1m for him (I think!) and their approach was quite emphatically turned down.

I think the key is to look at Worthy''s other signings. If another striker comes in before the transfer deadline (and I''m pretty sure there will be one, plus a centre back) it will probably be someone who we either haven''t considered, or don''t really know anything about. Still, if the quality of these two signings are as good as the ones he has made all ready, I think we will be in with a fighting chance of staying up.

The speculators have tired of that rumour and moved on. Probably Worthy was never interested or looking at him. The scowcroft thing seems to have gone away too, seemingly Leicester have said no to our bid and that''s the end of the matter.