Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

who should be norwich captain

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="TomSlisz"]

I think Marshall would make a good captain even if he is a goalie and also Clingan would make a good captain

[/quote]

goalkeepers do not make great captains. great captains are usually centre backs/ centre midfielders who are always in thick of the action.

[/quote]

mind you given norwichs defensive frailties i suppose marshall is always in the thick of the action!

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="TomSlisz"]

I think Marshall would make a good captain even if he is a goalie and also Clingan would make a good captain

[/quote]

goalkeepers do not make great captains. great captains are usually centre backs/ centre midfielders who are always in thick of the action.

[/quote]

Fully agree,Marshall is to quiet anyway, and for me my team captain is Sammy Clingan.as voted for in the Evening news 

[quote user="lincoln canary"]goalkeepers do not make great captains. [/quote]

Peter Schmeichel and Gianluigi buffon kill that stone dead....

keepers are ideal for captains.. they use their voices all the time anyway which a captain should do, also, they can see EVERYTHING on the pitch.. an outfield player cant see whats behind him.. but a keeper sees everything.... they make the best captaiin material imo...

remind me again who our captain was in the march to Europe..... a mr B Gunn i think it was....

jas :)

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="TomSlisz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fully agree,Marshall is to quiet anyway, and for me my team captain is Sammy Clingan.as voted for in the Evening news 

[/quote]

I agree too Pete, got to be the boy Sammy for me followed by the Doc.

Rusty for me. I don''t know why but I always think captains should have an association with the club; either coming through the ranks or have been there for a couple of seasons

Buffon doesn''t have that much experience as captain though Jas! One of my fave players, but not given that job too often. Del Piero is first choice skipper at Juve, and Cannavaro for the national side. Gigi is vice captain for both.

David Marshall is far far too quiet to be captain anyway.

There really is no obvious candidate - and IMO that is a major reason we are in the pickle we''re in.

Granted, Schmeichel and Gunn were both great captains though. Oliver Kahn is another you could add to that list - in some cases they have been very effective as captain, but on the whole I think you''ll find consensus is that an outfielder works best.

Clingan seems favourite with the fans and would eb my choice - though we can''t be sure whether his persoanlity is strong enough. But I think this thread is academic. Roeder is gradually realising Fotheringham has his drawbacks - I expect Pattison to be made captain soon.

This is the problem with our defence!Marshall, Betrand, Semmy, and Omuzi are all fairly young.  Doc and Drury are quiet and need confidence and occasionally being told what to do, for me we need a dominant centre back and natural leader then give it to him/

Drury???? Stop it.

Its a tricky question with many considerations.

All in all I would give the Burden to Fozzy. He seems the most able to make a snap decision.... It would take Clingan a week.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]would agree, but he hasn''t been here long enough, i don''t think, i''d give it doc for the moment, until we get a better cb
[/quote]Isn''t that just contradicting yourself if someone comes in and takes the armband.Anyway a good captain is someone who can lift a team with his own performance not buy screaming orders.Clingan for me consistant 7-8 every game could groom this guy,will be N.Ireland captain once veteran keeper M.Taylor retires. 

[quote user="one 4 the future"] N.Ireland captain once veteran keeper M.Taylor retires. [/quote]

another Keeper captain.. i still think they are the best option.. but only if you have the right sort of keeper.

jas :)

Another vote for Clingan, whilst I agree that certain keepers can make decent captains I am not so sure Marshall has the qualities to be a commanding captain at the present time.