Sign in to follow this  
Jak G

Selhurst Park?

I''m off to Palace for the boxing day away game. Just wondering what the stadiums actually like I''ve heard a lot of bad things but has anyone actually been their? Whats the atmosphere like?I have no idea where I''m sitting though it''s a gift from a friend and I think it''s in a box. 

It''s a seriously shabby stadium. I''ve been several times, though I don''t think I have ever seen us win. My advice is to go by train, as the journey by car through those South London suburbs takes forever. Hope you have a good time, and bring back three points!

OTBC

I''m up there too for crimbo and my annual trip to S**thurst Park! I''m looking forward to it even more this year as I''m actually going to be in the right end! Huzzah! Let''s hope I''ve got something to cheer about! (Last year my Dad and I had to exchange a ''low-five'' when we scored!)

I''ll be there, but it is awful.

Wooden seats with no leg room. You will have to stand on the ledge of the seat to let people through. Last season I enjoyed a hamburger that was still half frozen.

Like a lot of clubs they get about 16,000 and think that''s great!

Its a shabby stadium in a pretty cr*p area but you can at leasdt normally create a bit of atmosphere in the away end.

Worst stadium in england by a country mile! and i''ve been to Elm park and Grimsby which are palaces by comparison!

jas :)

[quote user="Delias Chef"]I''m off to Palace for the boxing day away game. Just wondering what the stadiums actually like I''ve heard a lot of bad things but has anyone actually been their? Whats the atmosphere like?

I have no idea where I''m sitting though it''s a gift from a friend and I think it''s in a box. 
[/quote]

Just wondering. Is that you in your avatar?

Away fans bit is horrible - cramped and uncomfortable with poor viewing. Been a few times and never seen us lose there, but not gonna be able to make this year due to the hectic xmas period. Good luck to those making the trip and come home with all the points!

been every stadium in league bar blackpool (do end this month), burnley and forest. id put palace in worst 3 category. hope its not a sunny day and hope you dont have a piller in front of you

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I''ll be there, but it is awful. Wooden seats with no leg room. You will have to stand on the ledge of the seat to let people through. Last season I enjoyed a hamburger that was still half frozen. Like a lot of clubs they get about 16,000 and think that''s great![/quote]

I''m suprised they are still allowed wooden seats.  God awful place, god awful area and a place I never want to visit again.

Safe journey all those going.  Let''s hope for a win or a draw in the very least.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Its a serious lump of poo............enjoy![:D][/quote]

It certainly is as Wiz says, "a lump of poo",

Even the roads around reek of the stuff, the mounted police, patrolling the ground on match days, allow their horses to dump the stuff without it being cleared.

Consequently cars coming along afterwards plough through it and spray it over the pavements and pedestrians. Phew !

One good thing, if you like that sort of thing,  there is a very nice Wetherspoon pub not too far away which doesn''t seem to be used by the home fans.

I think everyone is in agreement that it is a s***hole.And they dont sell beer inside!(But that was a few seasons ago,might have changed)

Wouldn''t suggest going by rail the worst journey ever taken Selhurst on,off,on,off,on,off  to arrive at a s**t hole then to be 3-1 up and come away with a draw cos of dirty divin cheating b''stard (A.Johnson) then do it all again on th return a grand total off 13hrs trav.Not the most enjoyable match day.  

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Delias Chef"]I''m off to Palace for the boxing day away game. Just wondering what the stadiums actually like I''ve heard a lot of bad things but has anyone actually been their? Whats the atmosphere like?

I have no idea where I''m sitting though it''s a gift from a friend and I think it''s in a box. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m afraid not. I limit myself to one pukka-pie at half time. Smile [:)]

8000 going apparently.....

Terrible journey. Forget going through London and A3 will be full of sales traffic. Its a spunk hole when (if) you get there

At least AJ isn''t there anymore.... or Shackle who seemed to have a mare every time we played there

The scene of Marshalls last game for us where most of our fans were almost weeping waving our POS off the pitch.....LOL

As it is Boxing Day, there is a very limited rail service. There are half-hourly trains from central London out to Thornton Heath and Norwood Junction stations (see www.capitalcanaries.com for more details), but if travelling for Norwich rail isn''t an option as there is no service at all. The tube is running with a reduced service on most lines, so driving to somewhere near the bottom of the M11 and taking the tube/train combination towards Selhurst is an option.

I have been there the last two season and it''s a dump of a ground, one of the worst I have been to and the atmosphere inside the stadium wasn''t very good at all, don''t expect a big crowd inside the stadium either as Palace average 10k less than we do and believe it or not they have been around the playoff positions all season. Still we played quite well there last season when we got a 1-1 draw and i''m hopeing we can come away with 3 points this season and that''s why i''m going again.

I''m afraid not. I limit myself to one pukka-pie at half time. Smile [:)]

Specially for the anoraks : The guy in the photo is a former Headteacher at my sister''s school in Norfolk. The picture was taken at Carrow Road just after Delia''s '' let''s be ''avin you '' rant.The shirt was specially printed and the chance was taken to ambush Delia who thought at first that it was a media trap but was happy to have the shot taken when assured that the wearer was a genuine fan.