Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

what other grounds are rockin ?

this is a question for the regular away followers, everyone comments on the lack of atmosphere  at carrow road but where else in this league is it truly better? i don`t go away  often but it always seems to me that most home crowds need to be winning to   get any life in them and mostly the away fans will sing more or less whatever, any games you see on sky the atmosphere is certainly no better than ours(barring local derbys) and  usually half empty as well, so is there any club in this league who put us to shame when it comes to supporting our team ?  or are we not as bad as some would have us beleive ?  i`d be interested in what regualr away fans think [:D]

I''ve not been so much this season, only done MK Dons, Plymouth, Southampton, Bristol, Forest, Watford and Reading away from home, and whilst all fans can be quiet from time to time, I do think that the general atmosphere at Carrow Road is worse than most other grounds.

What doesn''t help at Norwich is that most teams bring a fairly small away following, often nearer 500 than 1,000, so with little banter from them, it''s hard for the Barclay, Snake Pit etc. to get going, especially when the football on offer is often shocking! Norwich normally take at least 1,000 away, make a decent amount of noise, and that spurs on the home fans (and many also have some decent football to support too).

I''d say the atmosphere at our place compares well with most other clubs. The derby in particular springs to mind!

Which leads us to the reason the atmosphere has dropped at Carrow Road lately - We have been declining steadily but surely with only a handful of games in between that were good ones!

i''ve made a few away games over the past year or so; Ipswich, Stoke, Barnsley, Leicester, SheffU, Sheff Wed, Derby and Forest. Not 1 really had a great atmosphere other than Wednesday in the 2nd half last season when they had secured safety.

bradford rocks. literallyin truth, the best ground atmospheres so far this season have been :bristol city, barnsley (we sung)as far as im concerned, most teams are quiet unless they are winning.

thought w8wba had been banned? :sBristol City has by far had the best atmosphere created by the home crowd so far this season

If you guys think Carrow Road has a "bad atmosphere", then don''t go to a Earthquakes game! I mean it''s fun and all but the majority of the crowd just sits and watches. There are us select few who chant and sing at the top of our lungs, but it''s only two sections out of the whole stadium. Hopefully one day we''ll all stand and sing the same song like a proper club''s fans should do. ONE DAY! =]