Sign in to follow this  
Worf

Simon Grayson

Good Blackpool manager who we were strongly linked with after the departure of Grant.

Would''ve like to have seen him here but I am happy that he has gone to Leeds becuase this will probably turn Blackpool into a strong relegation candidate, thus leaving us with less to worry about!

just read he has

must say obviously it helps you guys out if they turn into relegation side, but tad desperate in saying its great news in my opinion.

not sure its wise move for leeds to be honest as they demand results instantly when i feel grayson is a good manager it may take him time

but hell they could done hell of lot worse

I think it''s a disgrace tbh. Blackpool gave him his opportunity and it seems the way he and Leeds have gone about this is terrible. If it were a player in this position it would amount to him having been tapped up. The FA and indeed FIFA really need to get a handle on this contract situation, with the whole Ronaldo saga amongst many other contracts are becoming less and less adhered to. IMO it''s time they started to punish clubs for blatant rule breaking. 

exactly what i was going to put attenborough, and glad i didnt as you worded it so much better

blackpool should at least recieve a nice sum of compensation

funny how grayson has turned his back on the club which got him into management

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]I think it''s a disgrace tbh. Blackpool gave him his opportunity and it seems the way he and Leeds have gone about this is terrible. If it were a player in this position it would amount to him having been tapped up. The FA and indeed FIFA really need to get a handle on this contract situation, with the whole Ronaldo saga amongst many other contracts are becoming less and less adhered to. IMO it''s time they started to punish clubs for blatant rule breaking. [/quote]

I don''t see why football should be any different to any other business. If I was headhunted, I''d go for an interview etc. prior to informing my current company. It''s only when I''m sure that I want to leave that I tell my current employee. It''s then a case of working my notice/seeing out my contract, or if that takes too long, it''s up to the two parties to agree to a compromise (and money always talks).

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]I think it''s a disgrace tbh. Blackpool gave him his opportunity and it seems the way he and Leeds have gone about this is terrible. If it were a player in this position it would amount to him having been tapped up. The FA and indeed FIFA really need to get a handle on this contract situation, with the whole Ronaldo saga amongst many other contracts are becoming less and less adhered to. IMO it''s time they started to punish clubs for blatant rule breaking. [/quote]

I don''t see why football should be any different to any other business. If I was headhunted, I''d go for an interview etc. prior to informing my current company. It''s only when I''m sure that I want to leave that I tell my current employee. It''s then a case of working my notice/seeing out my contract, or if that takes too long, it''s up to the two parties to agree to a compromise (and money always talks).

[/quote]

Thats all good and well, and I like you, dont know how football contracts are written. However I would suggest that unlike you and I, they do not include notice periods where it is your right to terminate the contract. Its is, IMO, nothing like a normal employee contract of work.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]I think it''s a disgrace tbh. Blackpool gave him his opportunity and it seems the way he and Leeds have gone about this is terrible. If it were a player in this position it would amount to him having been tapped up. The FA and indeed FIFA really need to get a handle on this contract situation, with the whole Ronaldo saga amongst many other contracts are becoming less and less adhered to. IMO it''s time they started to punish clubs for blatant rule breaking. [/quote]

[/quote]

Thats all good and well, and I like you, dont know how football contracts are written. However I would suggest that unlike you and I, they do not include notice periods where it is your right to terminate the contract. Its is, IMO, nothing like a normal employee contract of work.

[/quote]

Just to add to that, if said notice period/contract expiry takes too long and they attempt a negociation of compensation, what would happen if an agreement could not be reached? would you still move to the new company opening yourself up to legal action?

Hes the sort of manager we need - young ambitious, knows the lower Leagues well, wouldn''t be obssessed with not good enough Prem players and knows how to operate with little funds!

Glad hes gone from Blackpool because they''ll probably be shell shocked and could struggle to stay up - one club who we are capable at this stage of finishing higher! 

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I remember when Southend refused us permission to speak to Tilson, we should have done a Leeds, and not taken any notice of a refusal![:|][/quote]No we shouldn''t. Leeds are a disgrace to the game, and this is just another example of Leeds showing a complete and utter disregard for the rules.I do, however, think they have a good manager and one I would not have minded seeing here when Granty resigned. What this will mean for Blackpool is another matter; without a doubt, he has done well for them. Will it mean their collapse? We''ll have to wait and see!

[quote user="Worf"]

Good Blackpool manager who we were strongly linked with after the departure of Grant.

Would''ve like to have seen him here but I am happy that he has gone to Leeds becuase this will probably turn Blackpool into a strong relegation candidate, thus leaving us with less to worry about!

[/quote]Still think it''s going to be Doncaster, Charlton and Southampton

Blackpool did well to squeeze compensation out of QPR for the Kaspars Gorkss transfer remember, I think they got a lump sum and several players on loan. Maybe they can do the same to Leeds (hopefully).

[quote user="CT "]Blackpool havent accepted Graysons resignation.

Wors gorn orn [:S]
[/quote]

we never actually accepted Marton O''niels either Fat bob said.... he should still, tecnicallybe our boss.

jas :)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I remember when Southend refused us permission to speak to Tilson, we should have done a Leeds, and not taken any notice of a refusal![:|][/quote]

Thank god we respected there wishes Wiz. Thank god we didnt get Tilson. Saaarfend are in dizzy heights this yr followin last yrs failure.

Sis and in law are season ticket holders at Roots Hall and not many rave as much as you do about him.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I remember when Southend refused us permission to speak to Tilson, we should have done a Leeds, and not taken any notice of a refusal![:|][/quote]

Thank god we respected there wishes Wiz. Thank god we didnt get Tilson. Saaarfend are in dizzy heights this yr followin last yrs failure.

Sis and in law are season ticket holders at Roots Hall and not many rave as much as you do about him.

[/quote]

Wouldnt call finishing in the play offs failure?????[8-)]

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

not 3 yrs ago for them it wasnt but they wanted to go up. we all know where high expectations get u dont we. they are now in mid table and sitting a fair way off. he is following the Worthington path.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]I remember when Southend refused us permission to speak to Tilson, we should have done a Leeds, and not taken any notice of a refusal![:|][/quote]

No we shouldn''t. Leeds are a disgrace to the game, and this is just another example of Leeds showing a complete and utter disregard for the rules.

I do, however, think they have a good manager and one I would not have minded seeing here when Granty resigned. What this will mean for Blackpool is another matter; without a doubt, he has done well for them. Will it mean their collapse? We''ll have to wait and see!
[/quote]

Last time Leeds operated outside the rules, they got clobbered for 15 points and the FA et al will sure as hell have an eye on them incase they screw up again, and they''ll know it, so they must be on fairly confident ground regarding Grayson. The issue here is that, as Grayson has resigned, he is technically a free agent, so no compensation should be due. However, he, Leeds, and Blackpool know that a settlement will be reached and they will end up paying for him.

What amuses me is that clubs, in this sort of situation, hark on about loyalty and honouring contracts, the very opposite of how they behave when managers under contract are sacked, with the afore mentioned manager often having to bring in the Managers Association to help them get the pay off the club would bleat about in the opposite circumstances, there are at least two, if not three, managers doing this at the moment through the LMA.

Its time football was treated as any other form of employment with these matters and people could give a months notice either way as a courtesy. What the hell do they need contracts for anyway, either way, it can end up harming both parties and the rest of us, pretty much, get by without having to be on one. My sympathies are with Grayson, he wants to move on, he sees it as a move up, its a free market place, yes, Blackpool gave him his chance in management, but does that mean he owes them? If you apply that logic, then everyone, everywhere, should always stay with whoever gives them their first opportunity-unless they are sacked! Hardly equitable.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

not 3 yrs ago for them it wasnt but they wanted to go up. we all know where high expectations get u dont we. they are now in mid table and sitting a fair way off. he is following the Worthington path.

[/quote]

Yes, i agree.