Sign in to follow this  
Delia, When Do I Start??

is christmas still the same as before??

Please do not use the word Christmas, it may offend football fans of other faiths.

However you may swear at them, abuse them, and make derogatory hand gestures, thats all acceptable.

[quote user="beachbum"]

Please do not use the word Christmas, it may offend football fans of other faiths.

However you may swear at them, abuse them, and make derogatory hand gestures, thats all acceptable.

[/quote]

I must say the "winter holiday" has lost all meaning for me. Especially since moving back to Australia.

[quote user="Im The Krazy Kat"]it doesn''t seem to be[/quote]

No, its completely different now.

When I was a boy there was an entire football league programme on Christmas Day as well as Boxing Day.

It was Christmas dinner, then off to the match. Happy Days.

And a happy "Winterval" to you all.

I have found that, so far,  each and everyone has been different from any that I had experienced before.  And I am grateful for that - there are some presents that were bad enough once let alone going through some christmas groundhog day hell with them time and time again. 

For me Christmas will always be Christmas. It''s sad when we have to worry about saying Christmas/ or celebrating Christmas because it might offend someone.

It is a different and fresh experience every year.

I think that the Ipswich game should be played on Boxing Day like it was in times past. A good slap up meal, or turkey sandwiches, a Christmas drink and a traditional 3.00 kick off. The only offensive thing about that is Ipswich!!!!!!    

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

I think that the Ipswich game should be played on Boxing Day like it was in times past.  

[/quote]

Quite agree - with the return on New Years Day

As I kneel and place the image of Christ in the manger- following a very traditional Mass of Midnight- and we all sing the final verse of ''O come all ye faithful''...yea Lord we greet thee, born this happy morning'' it will crown a truly magical moment in the Church year.

If people want to make the most of a sacred festival - I would suggest some devotion...

....wont be popular but it most certainly works for me.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

It''s sad when we have to worry about saying Christmas/ or celebrating Christmas because it might offend someone.

[/quote]

You should stop reading the Daily Mail, then you won''t have to worry about rubbish like that.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

As I kneel and place the image of Christ in the manger- following a very traditional Mass of Midnight- and we all sing the final verse of ''O come all ye faithful''...yea Lord we greet thee, born this happy morning'' it will crown a truly magical moment in the Church year.

If people want to make the most of a sacred festival - I would suggest some devotion...

....wont be popular but it most certainly works for me.

[/quote] It works for me as well. I''ll join you in celebrating the reason for the season!! 

[quote user="Asteroid"][quote user="IBA"]I''m atheist, so ........[/quote]

You should obtain yourself a copy of the Qur’an and study its contents.[/quote]

Why''s that then?

I helped print an edition of the Quran whilst working in Dubai earlier this year, couldn''t understand a word as it was in Arabic.Every charcter of every page was scrupiously checked by a Cleric and a Government official before proceeding with the printing, took an age to print as it ran to almost 700 pages. Was proud to be involved though as I have already produced the Holy Bible many years ago when in Norwich.Getting back on topic, Christmas is too commercial now, just an excuse for shops to sell more and more crap.We''re having a frugal Christmas this year as I''m currently unemployed. Not much fun at all. Bah Humbug!!!![:(]