Sign in to follow this  
Ashton - Earnshaw = Cureton.

Roeders doing a good job. Lets lay off.

Just because weve not shot into the play-offs straight away again doesnt mean hes doing a bad job. Compared to the mess we were in when he arrived at the club I would say the ship is well and truely steady for now. I dont think anyone in here heart of hearts believes the team we have now isnt capable of getting enough points to stay in this league. Fair enough we have had a few bad loans and I agree too many loans, but I cannot think of one bad permenant signing as of yet, and lets be honest with the loans he made last season we wouldnt be in this league without them. He has only took on board players who he knows will do a good job, and hes done it with next to nothing in the transfer market. We need to understand rebuilding a team will not happen over night and it wont happen in a january transfer window either, but gradually he WILL get the right players in this club that will get us to bigger things, Pattison Clingan Stefanovic Bell to name a few of his excellent signings so far, and if he gets Lita for the prices that are being said that will be signing of the season without question. Changing manager now would be a terrieble move for the club, Roeder is only going to take us up for where we are now.

His record so far.

Norwich CityFlag of England30 October 2007PresentP 35W 13D 13L 9

52 points from 35 games. Thats very respectable, and proves he isnt doing a bad job with this team.

[quote user="thenut"]

His record so far.

52 points from 35 games. Thats very respectable, and proves he isnt doing a bad job with this team.

[/quote]

You think Roeder has only lost 9 games .... [^o)]

glenn roeder is average at best, last year position for noriwch was acceptable in the end due to poor start, but now he had time bring in new players etc... and your not doing any better than how you finished last season

the bloke is taking you sideways, personally you should ditch him

[quote user="we8wba"]

glenn roeder is average at best, last year position for noriwch was acceptable in the end due to poor start, but now he had time bring in new players etc... and your not doing any better than how you finished last season

[/quote]Can''t make out why you don''t like him we8, oh hang on, Norwich 5 Wolves 2. [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]Can''t make out why you don''t like him we8, oh hang on, Norwich 5 Wolves 2. [:S][/quote]

to be fair 5-2 had effects on both of us,everything went right for you guys and then didnt you fail to win for about a month? we went on a 7game winning streak and our last defeat before qpr was norwich some 2 months ago.

as to glenn - he seems to be stuck up his own ass the way he comes across on interviews. personally any manager who took the most talented west ham side down to our league needs questioning

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="thenut"]

JHis record so far.

[/quote]

According to the league table the Pink Un are publishing we have lost 12 already this season alone [:O]

[/quote]

It must be Clarke or Balls using the New Lie spin machine !! 

I think Roeder is doing a good job too.At the end of last season we just about stayed in the league and on the budget that Roeder was given we were hardly suddenly going to be title contenders.  Most championship clubs have a 3 year plan to get promotion to the Premership.  I think if we apply the standard 3 year plan to Norwich and Roeder i would see this as his first proper season.  Last season was all about avioding relegation and then starting again.I will be happy for us to aviod relegation again this year and hopefully finish in mid tabe to the upper half of the bottom of the table.  This is a realistic target which would give us the foundations to push on next season and be there or there abouts of the pleyoffs.  The following seaon i would then expect us to make a solid playoff push/automatic promotion. We need to give Roedaer time!!!  He has bought in some decent players so far but the team is still a long way short of being a promotion team.

We are a very very mediocre team ... and let a talented player, that we are lucky to have, sit on the bench or lately sit in the stands ... it''s a disgrace !

Lupoli scores goals, is a creative player and has more technique than any other player, Bell and Hoolahan will never score ... turn and turn and turn and turn .....

We are so mediocre .. and Roeder is doing a good job .. keeps complaining about what a mess it was one year ago .. yes one year ago .. WAKE UP !!!!

medicore side or not norwich are still vastly underperforming. you dont need the most talented/expensive squad in the league to compete to good standard, look at bristol city, swansea who are they got who possibly premiership class? bodde thats it! now i dont think norwich should be up in top 2 or 3 given your wage/pay structure compared to some of the big boys reading and brum but you should certainly be 5-12th in the league club your size

cardiff are up there and heard the other day ross mormack was their 1st player they paid fee on for 2 1/2 years. that was also cheap deal. where they in the league 4th or 5th just through smart loans and free transfers

[quote user="thenut"]

Just because weve not shot into the play-offs straight away again doesnt mean hes doing a bad job. Compared to the mess we were in when he arrived at the club I would say the ship is well and truely steady for now. I dont think anyone in here heart of hearts believes the team we have now isnt capable of getting enough points to stay in this league. Fair enough we have had a few bad loans and I agree too many loans, but I cannot think of one bad permenant signing as of yet, and lets be honest with the loans he made last season we wouldnt be in this league without them. He has only took on board players who he knows will do a good job, and hes done it with next to nothing in the transfer market. We need to understand rebuilding a team will not happen over night and it wont happen in a january transfer window either, but gradually he WILL get the right players in this club that will get us to bigger things, Pattison Clingan Stefanovic Bell to name a few of his excellent signings so far, and if he gets Lita for the prices that are being said that will be signing of the season without question. Changing manager now would be a terrieble move for the club, Roeder is only going to take us up for where we are now.

His record so far.

[/quote]

As others have pointed out to you, the statistics you are using are incorrect. You probably picked them up from Wikipedia. It''s a good idea when using such a source to question the accuracy. You may still believe in your point but the actual league results while Glenn has been in charge do not sound quite as good as you have portrayed it:

Actual results to date: Played 57 games W20  D13  L24  for a points total 73 

Hi everyone just letting you know that i put 40 quid on us getting promoted this season. Something good is happening at the Club, the second half of the season is gonna be amazing. Roeder will pull it off watch this space!

[quote user="HIT"]

Hi everyone just letting you know that i put 40 quid on us getting promoted this season. Something good is happening at the Club, the second half of the season is gonna be amazing. Roeder will pull it off watch this space!

[/quote]

The things a bookie will do to get business [:)]

Roeder will pull it off watch this space! - HIT

If he pulls it off, will he get is sewn back on?

But seriously, his confusing line-up selections are not going to lead us anywhere other than the bottom 1/3 of the table. I don''t think anyone envisioned that when the season kicked off.  Despite our lack of options, the ones he does have, he frequently misuses.

Roeder(NOWHERE) isn''t doing a good job and I will not lay of until hes rightfully left the club!

No one doubts thats financially things aren''t flush at Carrow Road but your aren''t telling me that clubs doing better than us and getting less than half our average crowds like Blackpool, Burnley and Barnsley are so much better of than us!

I get sick of all this - ''we''re struggling cause we''re skint'' BULLS*IT, when we get bigger crowds than most other Championship clubs, quite a few Premiership clubs and also have more non football income streams than most clubs. I''m sorry but it doesn''t add up to keep using this as an excuse!

Although I despise Roeder, I do think hes made some good signings permanant and loan that all cost money, so hes had more than what people make out.

Roeders mistakes have been too many loan players which has killed of all continuity in the team which has never been good for a high up the table finish with any club!

Also some of the loan players deals I suspect include clauses that insist on the player getting X amount of games. We''ve seen this with Ommorzussi who is now doing well at CB and Bertrand who isn''t as good as Drury but gets picks ahead of him more often than not. This means that more often than not Roeder is picking a side which isn''t his best 11 which in any common sense terms is oh so wrong!

Roeder seems obsessed with getting in players from Premiership reserve teams just cause he might know the manager and seems reluctant to take a chance on lower League players who could do better.

Rodents treatment of Lupoli has been baffling lately. The guys scored 4 goals for us yet has not hardly played many games for us. This indicates he knows where the net is but still Roeder would rather play Russell out of position up front and we had the ludicrous situation of having no striker in the recent Reading away game - formation 4 6 0!

Roeder thinks that John Kennedy is the best thing since sliced bread. The fact is in his latter games for us he was a slow liability. Any defenders that gets outpaced by Kuqi (in the recent Palace home game) must ask himself serious questions. We only got Kennedy cause of his terrible injury record which has came back to haunt us and him. In hindsight we should of not bothered with Kennedy and kept Shackell who I think is the better player anyway!

Cort is more than likely not going to come up to scratch in a similar to what expensive misfit Sibierski (yes I believe Shackells transfer fee has financed the loan signing of the French baldy!) yet Roeders prepared to gamble!

We had one of the Divisions best wingers, still by far our best attacking player last season even though he had a ''poorun'' by his standards in the form of the great Hucks yet cause of what seems like a personality clash Roeder just wiped him out of the club and shot himself in the foot at the same time. Now we are playing a right sided wide player playing on the left who hasn''t got any running in him - David Bell!

Roeder also saw good to retain the never will make it LEFT SIDED player Robert Eagle even though he never featured last season!

He signed a totally raw forward from Portsmouth, Koroma who has never played over here before and his brief appearances for us looks out of his depth and we had a CB from Spurs in Henville who never played for us even when we were without all our other CBs and we even have to pay his wages now hes gone back to Spurs!

Hucks would of taken a pay cut to stay with us and no doubt his mate Carl Moore would of helped out in that department like hes done in the past. Therefore we could kept Hucks and not signed Eagle, Koroma, Henville and Sibierski and we''d of been better of financially and had more end product on the pitch!

Roeders constantly passes the buck and blames everyone but himself - Glen its your team, you signed them and ditched others, we are where we are cause we haven''t been good enough. I thought the ref made the right decision in the Reading game regarding Fotheringhams handball. We missed 2 clear cut chances very very badly through 2 midfielders in Russell and Pattison (with natural forward Lupoli wallowing on the bench) but Reading missed more chances than us. Looking at the stats suggests that indeed the best team did win at Reading the other weekend!

I thing we''ve definately got enough to keep up this year cause theirs worse teams than us but in January with loan players going, no doubt others coming in there is going to be even more upheaval for the team which will probably result in poor points returns from most games!

At best this season and while Roeders in charge we will just keep our heads above water although we could be walking a tightrope when the previously mentioned potential upheavals of this coming January kick. I''ve no doubt that season ticket sales will drop as well!

I think thats enough evidence to prove that Glen Roeder is no good as manager of this club or indeed any other football League club!

We need a manager who knows the lower Leagues and can work with limited funds!

[quote user="thenut"]

His record so far.

[/quote]if most fans are happy with this then god help us.

have the NCFC board put in place a credible playing side budget that allows the manager to assemble a side capable of challenging for the top 6, and has the manager made proper use of it to realise this aim???for me - no, and no (thus far)...another season of under-achievement beckons...so - unfit for purpose - yes and yes...

[quote user="HIT"]

[/quote]

please can i have some of the drugs that you''re clearly on?

jas :)

roeders not doing a bad job... okay , well hes not doing a particularly good one either..!!, we are at the foot of the championship with a handfull of our own players,

i like everyone else want the best for our team , we will never go forward under him . all of west ham and newcastle fans will tell you that.

[quote user="thenut"]

His record so far.

[/quote]

You are clearly a stirrer who is presumably trying to whip up anti-Roeder feeling  (not difficult given his poor record and general performance) by deliberately quoting erroneous figures (which others have pointed out).