Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Season Ticket Renewal

It wont be long now til we''ll receive the season ticket renewal information in the post. Many, like myself, will renew their season ticket regardless, but I wonder what the club will do to encourage those who are borderline to sign up, especially as the football is no better, and many are not as financially secure as they were this time last season.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

They should send out the season ticket renewals near the end of the season when people may have a clearer view of their circumstances. Sending the renewals out as usual may get the easy response of no.

[/quote]

They should carry on sending out the season ticket renewals the way they do. It''s individuals choice as to whether to take them up or not. Surely this is something everyone can agree that the club do well? I know I will renew at the earliest opportunity. Especially as money is likely to be tighter next year. I renewed in February last year, £30/month interest free, the equivalent of less than 3 pints of beer a week[B][B][B]! And the beer is certain to go down the toilet [:O]

[;)]

Matt, I shall renew as well, as early as I can to get the cheapest price. Sadly it''s all about money, I know I will be going so want to get the most reasonable price.

The club could maybe encourage long term season ticket holders (maybe those of five years or more) to a reduced price over the rest, what about the 3/5 year top ups, could more be done for that level of commitment? Maybe cap the season ticket number and make membership more attractive to those supporters who live away or work weekends but still want to go to say more than 10 games a season.

I am personally sad we don''t get regular reserve fixtures as part of the season ticket deal anymore, maybe we could have a card to get cheaper refreshments perhaps or better discounts in Yellows/TOTT etc.

The club do a lot already, being able to pay interest free on a monthly basis is certainly helping me continue to buy my season ticket - I am not sure on how the concessions work these days, the leap from under 21 to adult used to be quite a jump.

Not sure what the club can do for those of us who may regard our job as likely to be lost/or overtime or commissions to be reduced. My money spent on a season ticket is the biggest part of any disposable income I have, but as it''s what I enjoy doing in my spare time I can justify spending that money.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

They should send out the season ticket renewals near the end of the season when people may have a clearer view of their circumstances. Sending the renewals out as usual may get the easy response of no.

[/quote]

They should carry on sending out the season ticket renewals the way they do. It''s individuals choice as to whether to take them up or not. Surely this is something everyone can agree that the club do well? I know I will renew at the earliest opportunity. Especially as money is likely to be tighter next year. I renewed in February last year, £30/month interest free, the equivalent of less than 3 pints of beer a week[B][B][B]! And the beer is certain to go down the toilet [:O]

[;)]

[/quote]

I agree with you Nigel and will also be renewing at the earliest opportunity in order to make a saving of several quid.

It doesn''t mean I support the Board or agree with the actions of our owners.

If that makes me a mug then so be it, I have been going for far too long to quit now.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]It wont be long now til we''ll receive the season ticket renewal information in the post. Many, like myself, will renew their season ticket regardless, but I wonder what the club will do to encourage those who are borderline to sign up, especially as the football is no better, and many are not as financially secure as they were this time last season.[/quote]

In my opinion the football is far better now than last year, especially in the past few weeks, although the results have not gone our way.  What I am hoping for though is that there are no ''fire sales'' in January and that we are not left depleted for the remainder of the season.  If there are positive signs of progress in January, especially regarding Lita, then I will renew, because I will be very optimistic for next season.

Count me out I''m afraid. I got my Daughter and Son in law to get me a season ticket for Snetterton for christmas.[:D]

It''s a year of motor racing for me this coming year. They are a great price too if anybody is interested. [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

They should carry on sending out the season ticket renewals the way they do. It''s individuals choice as to whether to take them up or not.

[/quote]

Dont be surprised then if the club finds a drop off in renewals if the club makes it easy for people to say no thanks.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

They should carry on sending out the season ticket renewals the way they do. It''s individuals choice as to whether to take them up or not.

[/quote]

Dont be surprised then if the club finds a drop off in renewals if the club makes it easy for people to say no thanks.

[/quote]

Well as I said it''s the individuals choice. It makes sense for me to renew early. But I would be happy if others didn''t. Long term I believe it would be a good thing if there weren''t so many Season Ticket Holders. More casual seats would mean a chance to attract another generation through "Kids for A Quid" initiatives again. More casual seats would mean more income for the club if the performance on the pitch meant more casual sales.

And it seems unfair that season tickets should be held by people who would rather not have them. In fact I don''t understand why people spend hundreds of pounds on something they don''t really want. I think the first "I''m not renewing" post came in September this year.

Out of interest - will you be renewing Canary Nut?

Ricardo, I hold exactly the same opinion as your good self. I don''t particularly rate the Board or its actions for the past few years, but I don''t buy a season ticket to support them, I do so to watch football (although I confess the Board''s running of the club has a lot to do with the standard of football on offer).

I doubt if any of us are 100% satisfied with what has been served up on or off the pitch for the past few seasons, but we are supporters first and foremost and going along to support the team is our number one focus. Or should be.

Gazza - I have been going to Carrow Road since I was 9 and I hope I''m fit and well enough to still go when I''m 90. Who the board/owners/directors are has never been a consideration for me. Surely everyone goes to support the team or watch the football, or like us, both.

Nutty, the makeup of the board, their comings and goings does influence feeling up to a point. For me at least anyway. There have been two separate occasions in the past when morally I simply couldn''t face going to home games anymore. At the moment though I feel the board are victims of both their own failings and that of wider financial happenings. In the past I have simply walked away as I felt strongly that I couldn''t support the club as a whole. But at the moment I feel the board haven''t given me good enough reason to do that, and also they are actively trying to make things better (however misguided or impotent they are).

However, as I have already pointed out, I am going to support the team (what''s left of it!!), and unless something monumental happens I will continue going. I have been going since I was 11 and now I reside in Norwich can''t see any reason as to why I shouldn''t attend.

I can see though that the coming season the numbers will be down, both for financial reasons and for what''s happened to the club over the past season or two.

I''ll renew - next year could be the year! (I always say that - but there are a couple of other clubs to support if you want certain success!)Even in the worst years there is always something that gets the pulse going like nothing else can. (I was going to say that this reflects my age, but I think it has always been the case!)

[quote user="Badger"]
I''ll renew - next year could be the year! (I always say that - but there are a couple of other clubs to support if you want certain success!)

Even in the worst years there is always something that gets the pulse going like nothing else can. (I was going to say that this reflects my age, but I think it has always been the case!)

[/quote]

I was lead to believe that with the 12mth DD  it is renewed automatic as long as the DD is not stopped, It''s the way I will be paying from next season anyway

It should be very interesting concerning the forthcoming season ticket renewals.....Isn''t it the 5 year season ticket expiry time - come May 09?

I wonder now that Mr Cullen the marketing magician has ''MK Donned'' another hat elsewhere, will there actually be a flurry of activity and immediate takers - concerning ST renewal in February?.....

Somehow, I don''t really think so......

Loadsa seats available for casuals next season....Pick an'' Choose.....Jus'' loike the ''Good Ole Daze''.......

times are really really tight at tthe moment and i fear i may not be able to afford it this season unless i get more gainful employment....

Could be the first year since 1992 i havent had a season ticket :(

jas :)

Gazza - I''ve never walked away from anything in my life and certainly wouldn''t walk away from my football club. Everyone is different though and all people can do is what''s right for them. If the numbers are down next year then so be it. It''s a double edged sword in a way because if next season is rubbish then the club will be out of pocket and those fans who only want to watch a winning team will be in pocket. But if it''s a good season then those fans will be out of pocket and the club will be in pocket. Whichever way I will pay the lowest possible price for my season ticket, something I wouldn''t want to be without and something that costs less than 3 pints of beer a week.

These threads come up every season and they start earlier and earlier. I''m really interested - is there anyone who seriously believes they haven''t had value for money on their season ticket so far this season? Surely the football has been loads better this time around?  Is there anyone who really pays that money but doesn''t enjoy going? Or is it just keyboard talk........... again [|-)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I know quite a few season-ticket holders and there has been a LOT of spares floating about this season.

[/quote]

So why do you think they bought something they didn''t want?