Sign in to follow this  
Canary Magic

Lita for £300k???

This price of £300,000 for Lita can''t be true. Mates of mine are shocked he would be available at this price!!!?

Besides a few weeks ago the likes of West Brom and others were preparing 2-3 million bids??

Surely at £300k we would be foolish not to go for it even if he has big wages. At this point he probably couldn''t command big Premiership style wages?

What do we think? Be a nice Xmas presenet ala Hucks a few years back

Ive already siad in another thread that i have been told by a very reliable source that a local business man has funded the Lita transfer of an undisclosed fee-which im told is around £250,000, and its a done deal. lita would be that cheap for the simple reason that he is out of contract in the summer and has been playing reserve team football for reading, and is Readings 5th choice striker. there is no any club would pay a large amount for any player that cant get in the 1st team and is out of contract in the summer. Its that simple.

[quote user="CT "]If he signs I''ll buy the black away shirt with his name/number on.

(this is how confident i am that he wont sign- although if he doesm sign I''m screwed [:P])
[/quote]

nearly got it at forest when he threw it into the crowd, would have been a nice early xmas gift

Thing is he is class stirker and would be 1st choice at 90% of Championship clubs. The fact that Reading have got an abundance of good strikers is their favour but i still think they''dd expect to get more for him than £250k! Saying that if this true then it will be an excellent signing. Get Cort playing to his potential and Glenn has done something good for a change!!!

[quote user="Canary Magic"]Thing is he is class stirker and would be 1st choice at 90% of Championship clubs. The fact that Reading have got an abundance of good strikers is their favour but i still think they''dd expect to get more for him than £250k! Saying that if this true then it will be an excellent signing. Get Cort playing to his potential and Glenn has done something good for a change!!![/quote]

What im saying is what ive been told by a very reliable source. No matter how good he is, at the end of the day his is up in 5/6 months and he cant get near the 1st team. Whether they have a strong squad or not, you wont pay a lot for say a man united striker who was 5th choice and out of contract, simply doesnt happen.

I can''t believe this message board has corrupted you so much CT, imagine what you will be like when you are an old man, you''ll be worse than Wiz.

Merry Christmas :P

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I can''t believe this message board has corrupted you so much CT, imagine what you will be like when you are an old man, you''ll be worse than Wiz. Merry Christmas :P[/quote]

Or me? [;)]

Spoke to ND today and he was saying that Reading obviously want to sell but Leroy has one eye on being a free agent at the end of the season and has ideas about doing something then and doesn''t to commit to anything in January. He was saying that in light of this it would be best to try for a loan to the end of the season if they can get Reading to agree.

Not knocking Leroy as it is a case of looking out for what is best for him, but at the end of the day we can all want him to join, including the club, but if he doesn''t want to commit and thinks there is something better at the end of the season we are going to find it hard to get his commitment.

He finished by saying he hoped we would be able to do something but would probably be at the end of the transfer window  and this would probably be a loan to the end of season.

Merry Xmas one and all.