Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

Some alarming news perhaps / a sign of things to come / Lita

I spoke to some body who is a very good friend of my dads, and has a fairly important role in the clubs finances.

He said this season our totall budget was 10million. including wages

and transfer kitty... which isnt alot if you look at our current wage

cost this year of 8 million, so he rekons.

Next year GR has 5 million, half of this seasons budget. Unless we find any investor / s

This is obviously excluding incoming transfer fees.

Soo, the question is, if this IS true... are Norwich going to go for Lita, when hes

going to be on roughly 20k a week, thats round about a million pounds

in the year.

20% of our seasons budget on one player ........????? hmmmhmmmmm not so sure.

my god we''re doomed, doomed I tell thee.I''ll wait until the club tell us if this is the case (generally they revel in telling us they''re skint), and every club in the country is gonna have to adjust, with the credit crunch affecting sponsorship, attendance, and resulting cash flow problems

I''d imagine that the 5 million is a worst case scenario - based on the worst possible season ticket sales etc.  You always budget for the worst case, and then use anything else that becomes available.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]I spoke to some body who is a very good friend of my dads, and has a fairly important role in the clubs finances.

[/quote]

Here we go, my mates dog time again![:D]

He is obviously not a reliable person then as he lacked the integrity to keep the finances to himself - and did he know you would be chirping it out all over a forum? Lets hope the club work out who told your dad and sack him.  What a nice Christmas present you will have given him. If its true...[quote user="urdie_Canary"]I spoke to some body who is a very good friend of my dads, and has a fairly important role in the clubs finances.

He said this season our totall budget was 10million. including wages

and transfer kitty... which isnt alot if you look at our current wage

cost this year of 8 million, so he rekons.

Next year GR has 5 million, half of this seasons budget. Unless we find any investor / s

This is obviously excluding incoming transfer fees.

Soo, the question is, if this IS true... are Norwich going to go for Lita, when hes

going to be on roughly 20k a week, thats round about a million pounds

in the year.

20% of our seasons budget on one player ........????? hmmmhmmmmm not so sure.[/quote]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

B****ks do we have 5 million in the bank!

jas :)

[/quote]It''s not a case of having it in the Bank,  it''s a case of Roeder (if true) will have his TOTAL budget slashed by half.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I''d imagine that the 5 million is a worst case scenario - based on the worst possible season ticket sales etc.  You always budget for the worst case, and then use anything else that becomes available.[/quote]

Didn`t Doncaster recently state that £4m was a break-even player budget even at the moment with sold out season-tickets?  Don`t forget the unlikely to be repeated big transfer profits since relegation which have boosted the coffers.

You''re right Mr.C, he did :

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/commentary/NeilDoncaster.aspx

"We are often asked why it is that we lose money when we have sell-out crowds and 20,000 season ticket holders.

The answer is simple - on these sorts of crowds, a break-even player wage bill would be around £4m. And we are currently running at more than twice that amount.

Delia and Michael, Andrew and Sharon Turner, and the Foulger family have all been using their own personal wealth to match the investment of our loyal supporters. And it is that joint investment that pays for a Championship football club. "

We will still be reliant upon the goodwill of the board.  At some point though, their money will dry up.  But I''m still hopeful that next seasons budget will be more than 5 million.  The figure will depend on many variables that are yet to be finalised between now and then though - how many season tickets are sold, who leaves, whether Green or Ashton move on from West Ham, etc.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

We will still be reliant upon the goodwill of the board.  At some point though, their money will dry up.  But I''m still hopeful that next seasons budget will be more than 5 million.  The figure will depend on many variables that are yet to be finalised between now and then though - how many season tickets are sold, who leaves, whether Green or Ashton move on from West Ham, etc.

[/quote]

whether we are in the Premiership or not........

Sooner or later, players at all clubs will have to take a reality check and come to terms with the world in which we are all living. The current level of wages is unsustainable and the sooner this is realised, the better for everyone. The recent financial controls suggested are, in my view, the only way forward. Businesses that utilise 80-90% of turnover in wages have no long-term future. The penny is finally beginning to drop - perhaps!

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

whether we are in the Premiership or not........

[/quote]And they call me optimistic ! [:)]