Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Bye Bye Crofty ?

Marshall & Crofty are quite likely to go in January so Roeder will have his work cut out to replace them.

I like a lot of others have criticised Roeder but the guy has had no luck this year, think about it games we should have been comfortably in front then lose, long term injuries to all 3 of his centre backs, a sudden loss of form by people like Bertrand  and losing all the potential investment from the Turners. 

It has not been a kind year.

But I must totally disagree with Roeder''s comments regarding Xmas & New Year games. Footballers even at carrow road are very well paid individuals and they have a lot of free time so to try to illicit sympathy for them because they miss Xmas with their families is quite frankly Glenn ludicrous.

We are often told a footballers career is short and so it is and I agree they should, if they earn it, make a good living out of the game (Jean Louis not!). But there will be many a Xmas to spend with the family after their careers are over.

Would the Shops, Bars, Restaurants and Cinemas etc consider shutting up for Xmas so their workers can spend time with their families....not in million years 

Glenn you must realise you are in the "entertainment industry" and  a lot of supporters through work commitments may only be able to attend at these festive times. Hundreds of workers have to work through the Xmas period so I do not think footballers should be exempt just because it would be " nice for them".

I have great memories of matches at carrow road on Boxing Day going back to the early seventies.

To me the Xmas & New Year  matches are part of Xmas itself.

They are quite likely to go are they... do you as so many on here seem to have a reliable source or are you following the speculation of Sheff Utd interesting in Croft despite Lee coming out in interview saying no contact has been made?

Marshall is wanted by whom? and you know this how?

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]They are quite likely to go are they... do you as so many on here seem to have a reliable source or are you following the speculation of Sheff Utd interesting in Croft despite Lee coming out in interview saying no contact has been made? Marshall is wanted by whom? and you know this how?[/quote]

Just like ''no contact'' had been made re Huddersfield and Lee Clark!

As for Marshall - try Spurs and / or Middlesboro 

Wasn''t it reported that at the time of the interview, no contact had been made, or Roeder was not informed of any official contact so he was just telling it as he knew...

Spurs would want Marshall over Gomes? Now that would be a good laugh, but Boro I can see where you are coming from... whether they would want an inconsistent keeper in all departments apart from shot stopping remains to be seen.

[quote user="canarytim"]

Marshall & Crofty are quite likely to go in January so Roeder will have his work cut out to replace them.

[/quote]

Your sources Tim ?

I agree with the main point of the post about playing over the christmas. I wish they would just get out there and justify some their large salaries without the endless complaining and feeling sorry for themselves. In any job you have to make sacrifices and do things you dont really like,  playing on boxing day is one of them for a footballer in a otherwise very priveleged lifestyle.

I''d gladly work on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day and all the Bank Holidays in the year as well, if I was paid the fabulous wages that footballers and football managers are paid.

[quote user="darkstar10990"]I don''t want Norwich to lose Croft, that goal he scored against the scum was brilliant! (that''s the only thing i''ve seen him do)
[/quote]

Well, that would seem to be a very good reason to say Bye Bye Crofty would it not?

OTBC

why can''t people just wait and see what happens instead of trying to predict the future grrrrr

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]Whats up with the Hitler photo?  Are you trying to be a jerk?[/quote] yeah, i will second that, wtf are you doing with a pic of hitler as your avatar? 

[quote user="plan b"][quote user="newyorkcanary"]Whats up with the Hitler photo?  Are you trying to be a jerk?[/quote]
 yeah, i will second that, wtf are you doing with a pic of hitler as your avatar? 
[/quote]

I think he might be having a bit of a pop at our manager, just a guess though.

Still a bit silly though - some might say offensive...

From within the club, I cannot say anymore than that. 

From the same source that told me their would be no investor at the AGM, ( I was told in no uncertain terms on this messageboard I was talking rubbish about that) that Stefanovic would be out for the season before it was common knowledge, that we would leave the reserve league  & quite a lot of other stuff that has all came true.

From what I understand it will come down to one thing money (obviously).

If the offer''s are to good to turn down they will go. Don''t get me wrong the club do not want to sell them but their hand maybe forced.

We cannot go on paying wages of 8-10 million a year when our income is a third of that. And before anyone says Delia must go, if she did (without a buyer) we would go straight  into administration and be relegated so that ain''t a option.

I have a funny feeling we may get something at Palace, c''mon you yellas ! 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, that would seem to be a very good reason to say Bye Bye Crofty would it not?

OTBC

[/quote]Perhaps. I was more pointing at the fact that i''m a relatively new fan of NCFC though (I''m a Quakes supporter).

My girlfriend was working tonight until 6, goes back on 27th and does not have another day off until New Years Day!

Thats a little harder than a bit of training, and for some a 90 minute run round!!

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]

My girlfriend was working tonight until 6, goes back on 27th and does not have another day off until New Years Day!

Thats a little harder than a bit of training, and for some a 90 minute run round!!

[/quote]

Ahhhhh.... poor lickle diddums. There''s plenty of people in this country who have to work all over the festive period, she does not seem too hard done by at all.

I was about to say, a week off from Xmas Eve to New Year''s Day would go down an absolute treat with a lot of people, especially with the economic crisis a lot of folk are having work over the whole christmas week.

[quote user="darkstar10990"]I don''t want Norwich to lose Croft, that goal he scored against the scum was brilliant! (that''s the only thing i''ve seen him do)
[/quote]

Quite - he''s not that great. But in a very poor squad he looks better than he is

Norwich will always produce good keepers - they get lots of practice.

I wouldn''t be surprised if we sell these players, just disheartened