Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana (All Grown Up)

Poor Drury!!

I don''t think anyone would deny that Bertrand hasn''t played to the level we know he''s capable of for most of this season.However I''m still pleased we''ve got him here for longer. He''s a good player but currently Drury should be getting a run of games I think.

You would have to assume GR sees Bertrand as a better bet in training,trouble is it''s that hindsight thing again, we moan that he doesn''t play the same team from game to game but the odd run of bad form and we all want to change the team again.

When it suits us we say"he wont be at his best- he''s not getting a proper run in team".

I sat in upper Barclay a c ouple of weeks ago as all the old boys next to me moaned about the fact that he keeps chopping the team around - by half time they were screaming for Roeder to get rid of Bell and Matty!!!!  Second half and Patty scores and they were jumping up and down - I said to one of them I thought you said he was shit and should come off to which he replied "yeah he is shit and he should have come off"  LOL

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

You would have to assume GR sees Bertrand as a better bet in training,trouble is it''s that hindsight thing again, we moan that he doesn''t play the same team from game to game but the odd run of bad form and we all want to change the team again.

When it suits us we say"he wont be at his best- he''s not getting a proper run in team".

I sat in upper Barclay a c ouple of weeks ago as all the old boys next to me moaned about the fact that he keeps chopping the team around - by half time they were screaming for Roeder to get rid of Bell and Matty!!!!  Second half and Patty scores and they were jumping up and down - I said to one of them I thought you said he was shit and should come off to which he replied "yeah he is shit and he should have come off"  LOL

[/quote]

you don''t get it do you ???? just because a rubbish player almost misses a goal  does not make him good !

No no no Barclay you are missing my point...

We moan that we keep chopping and changing, yet moan when 2 players that have done ok in previous games have an average half and scream for them to be taken off- surely we are then guilty of wanting to chop things around again within a limited squad.

Don''t forget it''s easy to complain about tactics after the event if things go bad, you only have to read everyones ideas about who the team should be to see how diverse opinions are.Finally itwasn''t the Ipswich game i was talking about, and the fact remains that if GR had taken Patty off at half time these guys wouldn''t have been leaping up and down when he scored!!

Merry Xmas

Drury is not fit enough to play a run of games unfortuntaley.

I wouldn''t be at all surprised if he retired at the end of the season.

[quote user="Sold the best, Kept the rest"]

why does roeder prefer bertrand to him and now extended his contract????

its not fair on adam he is much better and is much better than bertrand!!

]For pure defending drury slightly gets the nod from me but as an attacking force, which is an important part of the modern wing backs game he offers nothing, bertrand on the other hand is very strong overlapping on the wing, which is why overall he has to be the choice.

"you don''t get it do you ???? just because a rubbish player almost misses a goal  does not make him good !"

HAHA! i guess either: #1 you dont go to the games #2 you dont pay attention or #3 you''re just a complete and utter idiot... Patty is one of our best players at the moment.The effort he puts in is amazing, 3 goals in 4 games i think is brilliant... He may not be the best player in the world, but on his current form he''s one of the best-players in our squard (apart from lita obviously). Also, as when you say "he almost misses a goal does not make him a good player" i take that it that means that a player just scoring goals, means he isn''t a good player. So therefore Lita''s 7 goals in 14 games means nothing? Oh ok... I guess we shouldn''t sign him in january ^o) ^^. And as for the posts main point, i dont think anyone could compare to those legends :) Maybe marshall-Green, Thats all i can think of, off the top of my head :D

"Drury is not fit enough to play a run of games unfortuntaley.

I wouldn''t be at all surprised if he retired at the end of the season."

Where on earth did you get this idea from? He hasn''t been given a chance to play a run of games, and besides how the hell would you know?

[quote user="Fuglestad"]"Drury is not fit enough to play a run of games unfortuntaley. I wouldn''t be at all surprised if he retired at the end of the season." Where on earth did you get this idea from? He hasn''t been given a chance to play a run of games, and besides how the hell would you know?[/quote]

It''s been long known that on away games he had to stand up and walk around on the coach to prevent his back seizing up!