Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Carl Cort... first impressions

He looked ok. Not a lot of movement. See what he is like when he has to put himself about more. Is it just me or was he not really jumping for the ball. The couple of flicks/headers he had feet stayed earthbound. 

[quote user="JohnoBono"]He looked ok. Not a lot of movement. See what he is like when he has to put himself about more. Is it just me or was he not really jumping for the ball. The couple of flicks/headers he had feet stayed earthbound. [/quote]

No, it wasn''t just you. He couldn''t really get off the ground. Hopefully that''ll be something that comes with more playing time. He did alright, fingers crossed that there''ll be more to come from him.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="JohnoBono"]He looked ok. Not a lot of movement. See what he is like when he has to put himself about more. Is it just me or was he not really jumping for the ball. The couple of flicks/headers he had feet stayed earthbound. [/quote]

No, it wasn''t just you. He couldn''t really get off the ground. Hopefully that''ll be something that comes with more playing time. He did alright, fingers crossed that there''ll be more to come from him.

[/quote]

He may not be able to jump at the mo'' but has no problem reaching the top-shelves in ASDA....

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]just returned from the match (i live close) so what you think?  I''ll sit on the fence at the moment, but interested in other views?[/quote]

or waiting to blow with the wind like most ''fans'' here?

Not gonna criticize him already as i''ve only seen half an hour of the guy. All I will say is he looked like someone who hasn''t played a lot of games in a while.

A couple of good touches i thought today, gave the ball away needlessly in injury time i thought though. should be able to cover alot of ground, his legs look long enough to get him from carra to newcastle in about 6 strides!

leicester fan came on here and said he doesnt jump up for balls. Give the lad time, hes a big fella, so give him 10 games to settle in and adjust then we should see the best of him.

Difficult for my old eyes to see from the Barclay as he only came on late in the second half but he seemed eager enough and put himself about a bit, Came back to defend too. Thought it was a very workman like performance from Norwich. I even picked the man o'' the match before he was anounced..... he spoke well for himself and the team in the Gunn Club afterwards. Talked of a "young" team and said the Championship was a "mans" league.

He''s only 10% match fit so only jumping at 10% of his jumping ability, I have no doubt if he can stay injury free until March/April he will be jumping 40 feet or more

[quote user="John Boubepo"]He''s only 10% match fit so only jumping at 10% of his jumping ability, I have no doubt if he can stay injury free until March/April he will be jumping 40 feet or more[/quote]Is it possible that carl cort used the same knee surgeon as steve austin?

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"]A couple of good touches i thought today, gave the ball away needlessly in injury time i thought though. should be able to cover alot of ground, his legs look long enough to get him from carra to newcastle in about 6 strides![/quote]I have nothing to add to the thread as i wasn''t at the game today, but felt the need to congratulate you on a brilliant username/avatar combo!! love it!

at first he had trouble putting one leg in front of the other  but gradually got himself moving, i also noticed that up until cort  came on lita didn`t win a thing in the air but   when charlton had the big man to worry about lita  was winning everything almost unchallenged so big carls going to have his uses .. it did seem strange seeing such a giant in city colours though

Considering he''s been out of action for a long period I thought he did alright. He''ll certainly offer us a threat in the box and get his fair share of goals off his lofty bonce. Seems far more willing to put himself about than the French chap we had on loan recently. Hopefully Mr Cort will spend far less time sat on his backside when out of the pitch.

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]Past it -so obvious -corthorse[/quote]Oh get lost. For a start, it''s carthorse. For a second, he''s not even fit. How you can tell he''s "past it" and it''s "so obvious"on 25 odd minutes is beyond me.

I wont comment to much because long time since he been with wolves and things may have changed

noticed a few mention he doesnt jump for the ball - if it is the same old carl cort i wouldnt ever expect him to jump for the ball. he has to be size nba player but cant head a ball

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]Past it -so obvious -corthorse[/quote]

Oh get lost. For a start, it''s carthorse. For a second, he''s not even fit. How you can tell he''s "past it" and it''s "so obvious"on 25 odd minutes is beyond me.
[/quote]

I think he was being ironic about the Corthourse..................................................

Clearly carrying the injured knee that has caused so much problem, very evident when he attempts to run. Clearly not match fit, and as a bit part player, unlikely to ever be. I reckon when the first hard tackle on his knee comes in over the busy xmas period, that will be the end for him.

I just got a sense from looking at the guy''s physique that he is going to be plagued with knee problems as there seems to be a heck of a lot of torso and upper body compared with relatively slim sticks to carry it all on. The knees are the obvious stress point. Turning and jumping will never be his strong points. I suspect that unless he is planning for a mobility scooter in his middle age, the best we can hope for is him creating a physical presence up front, being a target man and providing the disruption to defences to give the likes of Lita, the opportuity to get the ball facing goal. Anyone  know what his shooting skills are like?

Definitley looked unfit and short of a good first touch, however it should be expected as he is not match fit and is returning from a serious injury. I would agree with a couple of the previous posters that he will take the focus off Lita (or whoever the main striker is) as his physical stature did upset the charlton centre backs. 

I also thought that he looked unfit, and i don''t want to turn this into a Roeder negative thread, but why put someone on the field who isn''t 100% ready to play.  Wes was doing a good job yesterday being busy and biting at heals, he gave something that obviously Cort would not be able offer.  My point is, in such a crucial game.. why try and fix something that isn''t broken?