Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana (All Grown Up)

OFFICIAL CRYSTAL PALACE ***THREAD***

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Afternoon to you too Beauseant, hope you are well and had a good Xmas day?

Yes typical NC away performance sadly.

[/quote]

Yes thanks WAY. Still waiting on the grandchild.....its going to be born as an adult at this rate! Hope you had a great Christmas!

Surely we''re going to turn this possession into goals?

[/quote]

Yes we are still waiting too, but babies will come when they are good and ready lol.  Is she home then or still on the maternity ward?

I really hope NC get something from this game, however judging by how unlucky we have been so far (Lita hitting post) I wouldn''t bank on it lol

[/quote]

No, she''s at home.She was in for four hours on Sunday, but everything has gone quiet now.It was due on Tuesday, but no sign at the moment. She''s very fed up!

[/quote]

Awww I bet she is bless her, she''s probably very uncomfortable.

Let''s hope she doesn''t go too long now before going into proper labour.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="YellowRoad"]Palace make changes to their team ... we keep Lupoli, Cort and Russell on the bench ... and rely on own goals ... my god ... we are doomed every away game with this Manager ![/quote]

20 minutes to go. 2-1 down away from home to an average side, in need of points.  What is needed?

A manager who has the balls to put on one or 2 strikers and try and get something from the game. You have to mix it up and be prepeared to make decisions even if you are not sure!

I would rather gamble on a draw than play out this chirade!

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

agreed! take a defender off (Omozusi) bring a striker on..... if you dont buy a ticket you cant win the raffle as the saying goes.. 3 at the back 3 in the middle and 4 up front maybe?

jas :)

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="YellowRoad"]Palace make changes to their team ... we keep Lupoli, Cort and Russell on the bench ... and rely on own goals ... my god ... we are doomed every away game with this Manager ![/quote]

20 minutes to go. 2-1 down away from home to an average side, in need of points.  What is needed?

A manager who has the balls to put on one or 2 strikers and try and get something from the game. You have to mix it up and be prepeared to make decisions even if you are not sure!

I would rather gamble on a draw than play out this chirade!

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

Agreed, he should take a gamble, especially as we are losing once again, can''t do any worse.  I would also think Lups has a point to prove to GR.

My ribs & tummy hurt today, watched that Lee Evans new DVD last night, my god he is funny.

Seeing NC lose isn''t funy, but it''s typical, and If I didn''t laugh I''d be stringing myself up [:(]

time ladies and gentlemen please!

14 defeats this season now... more than anyother side (bar 2)... i''ll let others dwell on that figure.

jas :)

[quote user="Beauseant"]Bugger!!!!![:@][/quote]

Agreed and what a suprise...one of there subs there manager is not afraid to make...game over. We better beat forest

OTBC

St.John

PS  GR " I could not have asked for more from the boys, how we did not get anything from that game is beyond me"

[quote user="Fellas"]We never get anything from Smellhurst.
[/quote]

We  never get anything from any away ground , our away record is a complete and utter joke.

seems our midfield is sorted but we are missing quality at the back and a decent partner for lita  - regret with the peanuts budget we have these problems will not be solved - so it goes back to the ownership question again.....

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Selhurst Park - only one result here sadly. Still, I''ve got off my sickbed to listen to the game in hope![/quote]And the moral of this entire thread is.... get well soon Pete!

Welll..... I suppose we can be happy that we played OK against a team up there, but we all expect more.....

[quote user="max"]Welll..... I suppose we can be happy that we played OK against a team up there, but we all expect more.....[/quote]

all this playing well though is no good unless we get 3 points is it???

Just to report back on the game. To be honest I don''t think we played that well we created a few chances but apart from hitting the post from about 6 yards we didn''t test their keeper at all.

There were a few positives Hoolahan played well and Pattison worked his socks off there was also a good bit of passing throughout the game but nothing truly productive. I wasn''t suprised with the result but minus the last goal would have been a fairer result. I still hate warnock I was sitting a few rows behind him and he doesnt shut up cocky twat.

Roeder seems to not like making changes to early. Cort only had 5 mins or so to make an effect on the game which isn''t enough in my eyes. One thing I did conlude from the game was we desperately need croft back. Ostemobor was desperate to get forward but had no one to link with on the right.

This result hasn''t changed my mind in anyway. Sacking Roeder is not the solution we need to consolidate this season and strengthen in the summer.

I did manage to meet Delia and had a brief word she wished me a happy new year but was obviously sad about the result. Got my programme signed though.

Just got back from the game and to sum it up it was yet another very disappointing away performance, the fact that Palace were pretty awful themself made this defeat all the harder to take, they rarely threatend our goalkeeper but when they did get into the box they seemed to take every chance they got. It could have been so different if Lita didn''t miss an absolute sitter just before half time, all I could think of on the tube back to Ealing was how on earth did Lita not score from 6 yards!

On the balance of play it was a very even game but the decideing factor IMO was the fact that Palace''s defence was alot stronger than ours and that''s what has coast us today, the atmosphere inside the ground was crap and when I heard the attendance of just over 17,000 myself and other City fans around me wondererd how a team challengeing for the playoffs gets 7000 less fans that we do every week?.....

"There has to be some serious investment in players in January or we are doomed"

Yes.... I hope! And 3 points in the bag against forest guys? im hoping :)!