Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The backroom staff at the end of the game.

Quite true, Wayne; we won a game after playing very well in several matches that we had lost, so why the hell should they not be pleased?  I read plenty of pre-match posts/comments in the media about it being a 6-pointer that we MUST win (something I didn''t really agree with given how much of the season remains), and when we''ve lost matches I have also read plenty of comments about the result being more important than the performance (something I again don''t totally agree with)....yet the proof of the pudding is in the eating: we win, not playing so well, so some of our supporters yet again prove that they are only happy when having a moan. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I see your point Tilson, but before the NCISA actually do something why should I bother reading your complaints.[/quote]

It is John,Tilly,TIL 1010 or Mr.TILSON but just plain TILSON says a lot about you.

[/quote]

I must say I see nothing wrong with the use of a surname to someone who is not your particular friend. I was called by my surname at school, my father called almost everyone by their surname. This overuse of the familiar " Hi I am John!" from someone one does not know, or maybe not care to know, drives me up the wall.

As for the celebrations.... absolutely no problem. Good to see the win. Great goal. Well done City!

I see no problem with such a celebration, it was a really important 3 points against fellow strugglers, the proverbial 6 pointer so to speak, they have every right to celebrate, good on ''em.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

High fives,hugging and handshakes all round  from Roeder down to the kitman at the final whistle.Now forgive me but i had just watched a fairly miserable game against a shocking negative team who are surely in a bigger mess than we are.Plenty of ammo there for N.D.''s next press article about clubs in a more precarious position than Norwich City.Oh i nearly forgot poor old Southampton!

Sorry but back to my point.Have our expectation levels reached such a point where for a minute i thought we had qualified for The Champions League knockout stages? The Chairman was applauding the team off grinning from ear to ear,but then again he does that every game even when we lose.

What hope is there for the future if members of the Board and management see yesterday as some sort of benchmark to take us forward into 2009?

Yes we won and yes it gave us a little breathing space from the bottom three but the whole set up on and off the field is down to the manager after fourteen months in charge and if what i saw yesterday is some sort of future plan to take us onwards and upwards i am very worried.

I will now sit back and wait for the anti NCISA and TIL 1010 brigade to respond.

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more

[quote user="TIL 1010"] but if you think Roeder''s job is in jeopardy with this board and no money i think you are mistaken.[/quote]

Is that right? So you know the contract details? After having to pay off Worthless and Grunt you dont think the board may have raised a contract containing a get out? I''m not saying that they have, but I''d say its extremely likely

The point is we just dont know.

I think credit should be given where it is due.  We played some good stuff at times but again looked a bit toothless.  Other positives are that the defence looked more solid, the players largely kept their composure when they could have panicked in the last 10, and Roeders line-up and subs pretty much worked.  Well done City.

What I cannot understand is if the NCISA want to be one of the organsiations saying they are the voice of the supporters and you want to be taken seriously. Stop replying to posters that make comments that are there to wind you up and make you bite, just act professional and represent your members. 

This messsage board is read by alot more people than actually post so when they click on a post to see that a so called supporters association member (chairman/secetary etc) reply''s in such a poor and pathetic way to other supporters opinions, does it not suprise you to see why the supporters are split and against you.

Your action has been slow in regard to the current boards situation - however please tell us what can you actually do? I presume nothing, as I am sure that the board will take the advice of a minority of people that think the best way to find out what the supporters think - oh hang on I mean the NCISA members think is to send out a questionaire, and thats going to help alot! Then let me guess you will read them, hold a meeting after Christmas and New Year for your members so you can discuss the results, then you will ponder and decide a course of action - Oh wait the season will have finished!!

Rant Over

As for the original post maybe they did over celebrate, but I know I did!, 3 points against a lowly Charlton side, which came for a point, dug in and made it hard for us to play, (not exactly - like beating Bayern in Munich was it) however we eventually got the break when over the past few weeks, we would lost the game. (Watford for a prime example). So you can imagine with the season getting towards the business end it was a way to relieve the pressure that has been building not only throughout the players but the coaching staff. I am sure there were a few supporters out there that had a few beverages too many on Sat night after that. But who cares lets just move on to the next game and hope for another win - however it comes.

What a stupid comment, because it would have been far better to scowl at each other and give the team a good bollocking for getting 3 points.

That would have been great for team morale.

Glad your not the manger Mr Tilson, otherwise nobody would come to or stay at the club.

Three points earnt playing crap football is better than zero points for playing a team off the pitch as we have done many times this year.

Don''t like Roeder then John? is that the issue? did he ignore you at a meeting or something?

Kathy, fair enough I didn''t know you had released a questionnaire, but don''t preach to me about the efforts you are putting in, it makes it sound as if it is a burden you would rather not carry. I appreciate the effort you are clearly putting in, but don''t try and put me on some guilt trip.

And Mr. Tilson, I understand what you are saying, but I still believe that your profile among the 24,000 fans who were at the ground yesterday may not be as big as it should be, I appreciate that is not necessarily the NCISA''s fault, but I think starting to stir bad feelings against the board on this forum is not the right way to get the NCISA''s position in the limelight.

A questionnaire? LOL

Just really shows that slagging the board off when actually NOBODY has an answer isn''t really the best course of action. The world is in the merde, businesses small and large are going to the wall and yet posters on here seem to think the board are doing a stinking job.

How about some creative suggestions, sent to the club in a civil manner instead of just slagging off the very people who have kept us going.

I cant wait to see those that believe investing in players is more sensible than land selling up and investing ..... probably the funniest thing I''ve ever read on here. Worthy of a new thread perhaps.

[quote user="IBA"]A questionnaire? LOL Just really shows that slagging the board off when actually NOBODY has an answer isn''t really the best course of action. The world is in the merde, businesses small and large are going to the wall and yet posters on here seem to think the board are doing a stinking job. How about some creative suggestions, sent to the club in a civil manner instead of just slagging off the very people who have kept us going. I cant wait to see those that believe investing in players is more sensible than land selling up and investing ..... probably the funniest thing I''ve ever read on here. Worthy of a new thread perhaps.[/quote]

I`ll look forward to the new thread IBA.  By the way, are you a shareholder?  You could always reply to my question on another thread about the profits on player trading stated in the last three annual reports.  Unless, perhaps, you don`t know what they are?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="wayne kerr"]

what were the management team supposed to do after  a win ? this thread is petty in the extreme. some people will just carry on analyzing  until they can find something to complain about  and are only happy when we lose   [:)]

[/quote]

Oh dear i just got told off for using italics now i am being shouted at.

[/quote]

i still think this is one of the most petty critisms of glenn  roeder  i`ve ever read   and sorry til 1010 i didn`t know you were famous  [:|]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Kathy, fair enough I didn''t know you had released a questionnaire, but don''t preach to me about the efforts you are putting in, it makes it sound as if it is a burden you would rather not carry. I appreciate the effort you are clearly putting in, but don''t try and put me on some guilt trip.

And Mr. Tilson, I understand what you are saying, but I still believe that your profile among the 24,000 fans who were at the ground yesterday may not be as big as it should be, I appreciate that is not necessarily the NCISA''s fault, but I think starting to stir bad feelings against the board on this forum is not the right way to get the NCISA''s position in the limelight.[/quote]I don''t think they have yet invented a mode of transport that is going to get back from that trip ncfcstar - a very poor initial dig, and an ungracious response when an apology would have been more correct - shame on you Sir.

Just be happy for once will you. We got 3 valuable points.  It doesnt matter who it was against. but as usual theres always many that are never happy no matter what happens. If this club was to get a multimillionaire investor in and gave 50 million for players etc,  you still wouldnt be happy. but like Radio norfolk phone in suggested.  Its whingers whinging about whingers all the time. thats why i just laugh at you.  i thought it was a deserved and well needed 3 points in the bag, nothing more, nothing less.

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I see your point Tilson, but before the NCISA actually do something why should I bother reading your complaints.[/quote]

It is John,Tilly,TIL 1010 or Mr.TILSON but just plain TILSON says a lot about you.

[/quote]

I must say I see nothing wrong with the use of a surname to someone who is not your particular friend. I was called by my surname at school, my father called almost everyone by their surname.

[/quote]Called by your surname at school eh? Now was this when you were a pupil or were you a teacher? John is quite correct it is disrespectful that''s why your teacher would call you by your surname thus asserting authority, and why your teachers would be addressed with the correct title. Common courtesy though free is not as common as the name implies.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I will now sit back and wait for the anti NCISA and TIL 1010 brigade to respond.[/quote]Surely if you made it clear whether you were speaking on behalf of NCISA or it was a personal opinion then one or the other could be taken out of the equation.[/quote]

For someone who spends more time than most on here my dear Lappinitup how many more times have kathy or myself got to say that NCISA committee members posting on this messageboard are stating their own opinions. and official NCISA policy and views are released via a press statement or published on our official website

If i had not have met you i might be mistaken for thinking that you are suffering a touch of old timers disease.

[/quote]Oh Yeah, we all think you and everything you do and utter is so memorable, it''s shocking we don''t remember.Why don''t you put the disclaimer that it''s your own opinions in your signatures. That way we can just ignore it if we want.As to your post which was ludicrous, petty and pointless. You obviously just don''t like them - I''m happy that that all the backroom staff celebrated like that - it shows truly that they are all together as a unit and committed to the cause, it doesn''t matter who the opposition are as we have played better against better teams and lost. They were celebrating as finally we have got a deserved three points.

[quote user="Kathy"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]And your persistent use of italics says a lot about you and your self importance, Mr. Tilson sir. Your defensive manner also points a lot to the fact that you realise the NCISA do nothing.[/quote]

ncfc star.

Do you know what i have been doing today? Apart from an hour or two of women''s stuff - you know- cleaning, cooking, washing, ironing etc, I have been opening, sorting, printing and collating members questionnaires about the state of the football club. That''d be the questionnaire that I managed to put together in my lunch hour of my nine to five, Mon - Fri job. And that''d be the questionnaire that our secretary Clare spent all weekend putting into envelopes, putting stamps on and posting, and the same one she emailed out to our members. And when I''ve done that I am going to count all the little ticked boxes, do some basic stats and produce a report for NCISA,  the football club and maybe even the message board if I can be bothered to after reading some of the drivel put on there. God I havent even looked at the Canary Challenge today. Shit its Xmas Thursday and I havent started.......................

What have you been up to Ncfcstar?

[/quote]

you need to get out more love  [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Yes i am happy about three points but to be "extra " happy is over the top CA.

[/quote]

I think you may have just happened on an idea that could make your mate Smudger some money. Laminated printed sheets for all the staff which tell them how to react at the end of each game.

1. Defeat by three clear goals or more - Random member of backroom staff blindfolded and marched to the centre circle to be beheaded by a lucky fan chosen by Glenn Roeder. Extended highlights on Canaries World.

2. Narrow defeat but encouraging performance - Kick water bottles over, pull hair out, cry. Just make sure everyone sees how upset you are. Give press conference and say ''It''s a results business. Personally I think I should be sacked. A fan in the City Stand told me what was wrong at half time and I really should have listened to him''.

3. Vital point/three points secured against close rival - Shrug shoulders, feign insouciance and casually stroll off the field. Give press conference with shirt unbuttoned, smoking a cigarette and quoting French philosophy. Just make sure everyone can see it''s no big deal.

4. Win against Ipswich - Clench fists, roar at crowd, give a firm handshake to each member of the backroom staff. Look manly. This is very important. Don''t look as if you''re enjoying yourself too much though. This is all about being agressive and showing how much you care.

5. Emphatic win and good performance - Depends on league postition. If struggling repeat Step 3. If in top half of table we will permit a small celebration. Nothing too extravagant though. Remember, until you''ve emulated the managers from ''the good old days'' YOU ARE NOTHING!

Honestly, some people will moan about anything [:|]

O for God''s sake everyone! Its Christmas, let''s drop the sniping for once.

At the end of the day we won and important game,so why shouldn''t the staff celebrate?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

At the end of the day we won and important game,so why shouldn''t the staff celebrate?

[/quote]

Just cause you up early think you are everybody MR clever.

Have a good day Beau

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Just cause you up early think you are everybody MR clever.

Have a good day Beau

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

You too Butler!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Yes i am happy about three points but to be "extra " happy is over the top CA.

[/quote]

I think you may have just happened on an idea that could make your mate Smudger some money. Laminated printed sheets for all the staff which tell them how to react at the end of each game.

1. Defeat by three clear goals or more - Random member of backroom staff blindfolded and marched to the centre circle to be beheaded by a lucky fan chosen by Glenn Roeder. Extended highlights on Canaries World.

2. Narrow defeat but encouraging performance - Kick water bottles over, pull hair out, cry. Just make sure everyone sees how upset you are. Give press conference and say ''It''s a results business. Personally I think I should be sacked. A fan in the City Stand told me what was wrong at half time and I really should have listened to him''.

3. Vital point/three points secured against close rival - Shrug shoulders, feign insouciance and casually stroll off the field. Give press conference with shirt unbuttoned, smoking a cigarette and quoting French philosophy. Just make sure everyone can see it''s no big deal.

4. Win against Ipswich - Clench fists, roar at crowd, give a firm handshake to each member of the backroom staff. Look manly. This is very important. Don''t look as if you''re enjoying yourself too much though. This is all about being agressive and showing how much you care.

5. Emphatic win and good performance - Depends on league postition. If struggling repeat Step 3. If in top half of table we will permit a small celebration. Nothing too extravagant though. Remember, until you''ve emulated the managers from ''the good old days'' YOU ARE NOTHING!

Honestly, some people will moan about anything [:|]

[/quote]

You really are in a rich vein of form at the moment mate![:D][Y]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]3. Vital point/three points secured against close rival - Shrug shoulders, feign insouciance and casually stroll off the field. Give press conference with shirt unbuttoned, smoking a cigarette and quoting French philosophy. Just make sure everyone can see it''s no big deal.[/quote]Do you reckon we could lure Mourinho here... [;)]

[quote user="Aussie Canary"]

What I cannot understand is if the NCISA want to be one of the organsiations saying they are the voice of the supporters and you want to be taken seriously. Stop replying to posters that make comments that are there to wind you up and make you bite, just act professional and represent your members. 

This messsage board is read by alot more people than actually post so when they click on a post to see that a so called supporters association member (chairman/secetary etc) reply''s in such a poor and pathetic way to other supporters opinions, does it not suprise you to see why the supporters are split and against you.

Your action has been slow in regard to the current boards situation - however please tell us what can you actually do? I presume nothing, as I am sure that the board will take the advice of a minority of people that think the best way to find out what the supporters think - oh hang on I mean the NCISA members think is to send out a questionaire, and thats going to help alot! Then let me guess you will read them, hold a meeting after Christmas and New Year for your members so you can discuss the results, then you will ponder and decide a course of action - Oh wait the season will have finished!!

Rant Over

As for the original post maybe they did over celebrate, but I know I did!, 3 points against a lowly Charlton side, which came for a point, dug in and made it hard for us to play, (not exactly - like beating Bayern in Munich was it) however we eventually got the break when over the past few weeks, we would lost the game. (Watford for a prime example). So you can imagine with the season getting towards the business end it was a way to relieve the pressure that has been building not only throughout the players but the coaching staff. I am sure there were a few supporters out there that had a few beverages too many on Sat night after that. But who cares lets just move on to the next game and hope for another win - however it comes.

[/quote]

Great post, actually sums up many of my thoughts on the matter.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

High fives,hugging and handshakes all round  from Roeder down to the kitman at the final whistle.Now forgive me but i had just watched a fairly miserable game against a shocking negative team who are surely in a bigger mess than we are.Plenty of ammo there for N.D.''s next press article about clubs in a more precarious position than Norwich City.Oh i nearly forgot poor old Southampton!

Sorry but back to my point.Have our expectation levels reached such a point where for a minute i thought we had qualified for The Champions League knockout stages? The Chairman was applauding the team off grinning from ear to ear,but then again he does that every game even when we lose.

What hope is there for the future if members of the Board and management see yesterday as some sort of benchmark to take us forward into 2009?

Yes we won and yes it gave us a little breathing space from the bottom three but the whole set up on and off the field is down to the manager after fourteen months in charge and if what i saw yesterday is some sort of future plan to take us onwards and upwards i am very worried.

I will now sit back and wait for the anti NCISA and TIL 1010 brigade to respond.

[/quote]

Good post but dont forget some see us as little ''ol Norwich. We must not compete with the big boys of this division, you know the likes of Burnley, Preston, Cardiff, Swansea and Plymouth!!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I will now sit back and wait for the anti NCISA and TIL 1010 brigade to respond.[/quote]Surely if you made it clear whether you were speaking on behalf of NCISA or it was a personal opinion then one or the other could be taken out of the equation.[/quote]

For someone who spends more time than most on here my dear Lappinitup how many more times have kathy or myself got to say that NCISA committee members posting on this messageboard are stating their own opinions. and official NCISA policy and views are released via a press statement or published on our official website

[/quote]

Thats what I had assumed was the policy.