Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Lita to sign for City in January

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]I''m sure he does appreciate the adulation he receives here but it''s a big wage cut to take from the alleged c£20,000 a week he''s on at present to our maximum of c£8,000 a week. Adulation doesn''t pay the bills! Over a year that''s a drop from £1m. to £400,000. It might be all he''s offered but if a Premiership Club comes in and offers him, say, £15,000 a week. Mmmmm. Tough call that. [/quote]8k a week pays bills though!!!!

[quote user="Herb"]So no one else saw him throw his shirt and boots to the crowd at the final whistle then?
Doesn''t sound like the actions of a man who thinks he''s coming back....
[/quote]

After the Burnley game away (i think) Leroy gave his boots to a fan, he doesn''t actually pay for them you know so could be a cheap way to get in the supporters good books or a genuine appreciation of the fans we have. (see Reading attendances and results against ours!)

One other thing,

Yesterday''s game I think we saw the 2 Leroys

first half constantly offside, and very ineffective

Second half as busy, full of energy and fully deserved his goal as good as any striker in the championship.

Let''s hope we buy the later one if he''s coming.

He threw his shirt into the crowd at Forest too, FWIW.TGD, sure, he''s not perfect, but he''s a lot more perfect than our current alternatives!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Cheers Arto, I hope he signs and hope that I''m not disapointed. What worries me is that he has been prolific, is cheap and other Prem clubs are sniffing, why would he want to come to a club that is battaling at the bottom of the league?[/quote]

Not wishing to start an Arguement but i believe Lita is a footballer, if he comes to City he''ll be the 1st name on the team sheet and thats what I believe he is all about, not one of these players happy to benchwarm in return for a big cheque. You never know the deal may have already been done!

I sincerely hope this happens and if it does i''d like to thank Carl Moore once again for making it happen!!!!

[quote user="Herb"]So no one else saw him throw his shirt and boots to the crowd at the final whistle then?
[/quote]

He didnt throw his shirt, he swapped it with a Charlton player, probably a pal of his as he was there loast season dont forget.

As for his boots he took them off and handed them to a youngster in the Jarrold...this is gospel i saw both happen!

Apologies if this and my previous posts are repeats but am posting B4 i read all of the thread cos i''m daft like that!!!!

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

After the Burnley game away (i think) Leroy gave his boots to a fan, he doesn''t actually pay for them you know so could be a cheap way to get in the supporters good books or a genuine appreciation of the fans we have. (see Reading attendances and results against ours!)

One other thing,

Yesterday''s game I think we saw the 2 Leroys

first half constantly offside, and very ineffective

Second half as busy, full of energy and fully deserved his goal as good as any striker in the championship.

Let''s hope we buy the later one if he''s coming.

[/quote]

I''d settle for that peformance every game if he scored the winning goal.

[quote user="No1 likes me And now Im unemployed"]Apologies if this and my previous posts are repeats but am posting B4 i read all of the thread cos i''m daft like that!!!![/quote]Perhaps that''s why no-one likes you and that''s why you''re unemployed. lol. [:D] [:O]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="No1 likes me And now Im unemployed"]Apologies if this and my previous posts are repeats but am posting B4 i read all of the thread cos i''m daft like that!!!![/quote]Perhaps that''s why no-one likes you and that''s why you''re unemployed. lol. [:D] [:O][/quote]

Thats right--kick a man when he''s down!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="No1 likes me And now Im unemployed"]

[/quote]

He didnt throw his shirt, he swapped it with a Charlton player, probably a pal of his as he was there loast season dont forget.

As for his boots he took them off and handed them to a youngster in the Jarrold...this is gospel i saw both happen!

Apologies if this and my previous posts are repeats but am posting B4 i read all of the thread cos i''m daft like that!!!!"

[/quote]

After the game someone said that the booking he picked up would mean he would miss the next home game ie. his last at CR for us.  I don`t know if this is accurate or not.

If this came from Beaker - i wouldn''t believe itBut the fact this is from someone anti board and generally comes across well then i do.If true fantastic and well done Arthur for finding this out, well done everyone involved for making it happen, but i remain hopeful until it actually is 100% done and hes presented as a city player.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Excellent news if true, the guy is pure and simply a goalscorer and if we can sign him and build a team around him things may be looking up.[/quote]

I would have thought he was a bit more than that kd. Seems to be working to create openings for others just as much. Odd that Reading do not want him back isn''t it but perhaps they are planning for the Premier League and do not see him as being that good.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Excellent news if true, the guy is pure and simply a goalscorer and if we can sign him and build a team around him things may be looking up.[/quote]

I would have thought he was a bit more than that kd. Seems to be working to create openings for others just as much. Odd that Reading do not want him back isn''t it but perhaps they are planning for the Premier League and do not see him as being that good.

[/quote]

I think it''s because of his attitude and off field antics that Reading want rid of him, I think he got 14 goals in the prem a couple of years ago so his goalscoring ability cannot be questioned. He seems to look a bit disinterested at times and there are other times when he works really hard for the team but he certainly knows how to score, his goal ratio of 1 in 2 is something we haven''t had for many years. He would be a good investment if we could sign him for such a paltry amount as 300k, I''m sure he''d be worth 10 times that if he were under a longer contract.

No reason at all to doubt you, Arturo, lets hope your source is spot on with this! You''re not friends with Carl Moore, perchance? [;)]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

I think it''s because of his attitude and off field antics that Reading want rid of him, I think he got 14 goals in the prem a couple of years ago so his goalscoring ability cannot be questioned.

[/quote]

Lita is a class striker in the division but unproven (yet) in The Premiership.

2006 - 2007 : 6 Premiership goals, 4 in the FA Cup and 3 in the League Cup

2007 - 2008  1 Premiership goals (at the end of the season v Derby away),  3 Championship goals (while on loan at Charlton) and 1 League Cup goal.

source: soccerbase

I hope we sign him and a good target man to go with Cort, Lupoli and Renton.

If we can purchase Leroy for under 500K it will be the bargain of the century. I''m amazed that Reading seem prepared to let him go for such a knock-down price. He''s as good as, if not better than Earnshaw, so his true value must be 2 or 3 million pounds. What a brilliant deal this could prove to be. Well done to Roeder and everybody involved at the club, if the move goes through.

Come off it guys, why would Reading agree to sell Lita for a figure way under what he''s worth before the January transfer window even opens when other clubs may declare their hand? I know you''re desperate to sign him but be realistic.

He will be sold in January, there''s no doubt about that, but to the club that bids the most.  

[quote user="norfolk royal"]

Come off it guys, why would Reading agree to sell Lita for a figure way under what he''s worth before the January transfer window even opens when other clubs may declare their hand? I know you''re desperate to sign him but be realistic.

He will be sold in January, there''s no doubt about that, but to the club that bids the most.  

[/quote]

Why would they agree to sell him at all?Because he''s obviously surplus to their requirements for whatever reason. Given Reading don''t see him as part of their future and he''s out of contract at the end of the season, any fee is better than no fee.As for being sold to the highest bidder, I would suggest Lita will be sold to the highest bidder that he is willing to sign for. Someone could offer 5m for him, but if he doesn''t want to play for them it''s not going to happen, is it?For that reason alone, there is a chance we could sign him for next to nowt.Personally I don''t think we will sign him, but your statement about highest bidder is balls.

You know best Herb, players always sign for the club which makes the lowest bid obviously.

Why would Lita sign for Norwich if another club makes a higher bid, and would presumably pay higher wages?

Oh yes, I forgot, he loves the Norfolk countryside. Dream on.

You know best Herb, players always sign for the club which makes the lowest bid obviously.

Why would Lita sign for Norwich if another club makes a higher bid, and would presumably pay higher wages?

[/quote]Whats wrong with our countryside? And the beach at Holkham is fantastic!!

[/quote]

And Reading is better? It''s just a slightly upmarket version of Slough.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

I think it''s because of his attitude and off field antics that Reading want rid of him, I think he got 14 goals in the prem a couple of years ago so his goalscoring ability cannot be questioned.

[/quote]

Lita is a class striker in the division but unproven (yet) in The Premiership.

2006 - 2007 : 6 Premiership goals, 4 in the FA Cup and 3 in the League Cup

2007 - 2008  1 Premiership goals (at the end of the season v Derby away),  3 Championship goals (while on loan at Charlton) and 1 League Cup goal.

source: soccerbase

I hope we sign him and a good target man to go with Cort, Lupoli and Renton.

[/quote]

Well he''s unproven at Premiership level (see above stats) which means he''s likely to be heading for a Championship club.

He would be a big fish in our pond and he''s being played.