Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Lita to sign for City in January

Ive just heard from a very reliable source that a unamed local businessman is funding the signing of Leroy Lita. Panic over! This source has always been spot on, and I have no reason to doubt him. He said the fee will be undisclosed but around £250,000 as he is out of contract at the end of the season. The source has never let me down before.

Excellent news if true, the guy is pure and simply a goalscorer and if we can sign him and build a team around him things may be looking up.

Finger crossed eh?  Should be some savings in January; no more wages for Sitonyourarseski and not paying Archibald-Henville.  Question over Kennedy''s return but the Doc and Omosuzi looked OK together yesterday.  Might just be about enough for a decent signing-on fee and wages.

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]Ive just heard from a very reliable source that a unamed local businessman is funding the signing of Leroy Lita. Panic over! This source has always been spot on, and I have no reason to doubt him. He said the fee will be undisclosed but around £250,000 as he is out of contract at the end of the season. The source has never let me down before.[/quote]

If this is true Arturo, then its made my ruddy Christmas.

I see this as a Hucks situation all over again, hell, I''d even put upwith Delia dancing out with him on the pitch if it happens.

I hope your source is correct.

One other thing which seemed strange yesterday, did anyone notice that when Lita scored he ran over to the directors box and made some sort of gesture to them? I didn’t see exactly what it was though. Perhaps I''m putting two and two together and making more than four.

Well done to the board for finding the investment? No. Thought not

Personally I doubt the fee and the fact Lita would want to be permanently so far from his West Country .....interests.

Cheers Arto, I hope he signs and hope that I''m not disapointed. What worries me is that he has been prolific, is cheap and other Prem clubs are sniffing, why would he want to come to a club that is battaling at the bottom of the league?

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

I hope your source is correct.

One other thing which seemed strange yesterday, did anyone notice that when Lita scored he ran over to the directors box and made some sort of gesture to them? I didn’t see exactly what it was though. Perhaps I''m putting two and two together and making more than four.

[/quote]I noticed that too but didn''t read into it at the time. [:D]

[quote user="Roeder Couldnt Run a Bath"] no more wages for Sitonyourarseski .[/quote]

How do you know we were paying anything toward his wages? You''re assuming.

We''d have been paying a percentage at best.

Apparently

This rumour was doing the rounds at the ground yesterday and let''s hope that there is something in it. I could well believe that the transfer fee would be within our grasp but it''s Lita''s wages that I could see as the stumbling block. He''s allegedly on at least double our maximum wage and therefore on at least double the wage of any other player presently here. If a local businessman is prepared to fund those type of wages he ain''t half taking on one heck of a big commitment. Even then you would think there would be Premiership clubs prepared to top whatever we offer Lita. 

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Cheers Arto, I hope he signs and hope that I''m not disapointed. What worries me is that he has been prolific, is cheap and other Prem clubs are sniffing, why would he want to come to a club that is battaling at the bottom of the league?[/quote]

I think that there is the potential that he would like to be the ''main man'' rather than a bench warmer who gets 20 minutes per week at a Prem club that could well be in the Championship next year.

I get the impression Lita likes it here, and he has certainly shown a lot of desire over the last few games,so I really hope its true!

spot on arthur .. thats what i heard too.

i  heard that the deal had been done a while back, he was on a month to month to see how he got on here .

i did hear another rumour regarding ched evans.. dont know about that one, but would be chuffed to see him back, that would be a lethal front line.

I''m sure he does appreciate the adulation he receives here but it''s a big wage cut to take from the alleged c£20,000 a week he''s on at present to our maximum of c£8,000 a week. Adulation doesn''t pay the bills! Over a year that''s a drop from £1m. to £400,000. It might be all he''s offered but if a Premiership Club comes in and offers him, say, £15,000 a week. Mmmmm. Tough call that. 

Now that would really be a good xmas present...the guy is quality, really is the sort of player we should be looking to sign. I did also hear this rumour yesterday at the ground ,but thought nothing of it.....

So no one else saw him throw his shirt and boots to the crowd at the final whistle then?Doesn''t sound like the actions of a man who thinks he''s coming back....

[quote user="Herb"]So no one else saw him throw his shirt and boots to the crowd at the final whistle then?
Doesn''t sound like the actions of a man who thinks he''s coming back....
[/quote]

Or he loves the "hero" status (not undeserved) that he thought he would make someone''s day?

[quote user="Herb"]So no one else saw him throw his shirt and boots to the crowd at the final whistle then?
Doesn''t sound like the actions of a man who thinks he''s coming back....
[/quote]

Why would he throw his shirt and boots into the crowd when he still has another game left to play at CR? He would surely do it at the Forest game if it was a parting gesture.