Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Scottish League 1 for me this week, St Johnstone to win at home against Clyde.

Good luck Pete. Nice to have you back Ardee it''s not the same without you. I hope that everyone is having a great Christmas.

Loads of top european leagues not in action this week. But Holland still has some games on the 28th. So its second placed Ajax Amsterdam to beat 14th place (5th from bottom) ADO Den Haag. After a good start to the season. ADO Den Haag have only won 1 game since October the 17th. However that was beating a top dutch team NAC Breda 4-0 away from home. Which is a bit worrying. But I think Ajax will pull through.

So it''s Ajax V ADO Den Haag - Home win.

Keep ''em coming boys and girls. Leicester v Hereford seems to be a particular favourite.

Will make final selections at 7pm tonight, or is that too late?

Good to see you back on these pages Arrdee.

I''m off to the Blue Square Prem League and a home win for Crawley Town v. Eastbourne Borough.

Crawley are currently W8 D2 L2 F28 A12 at home and Eastbourne are W3 D1 L8 F14 A29 away.

Good Luck, Pete!

Having studied the form of both the pickers and the teams involved here''s your festive six:

AJAX v ADO Den Haag

DUMBARTON v Elgin

HARTLEPOOL v Crewe

LEICESTER v Hereford

MAN UTD v Middlesbrough

WREXHAM v Woking

Complete coincidence that all six are at home so apologies if a successful pick doesn''t result in much in the way of winnings but I went for those picked by more than one person.

I may even put on a similar bet at the local bookies I''m that confident...

Leicester to beat Hereford for me, Hereford are rubbish away from home so should be easy home win for best side in league. Sorry for being late.

Good Luck Pete it must have been a wrench to leave out the mighty Gas!, and pleased to see Arrdee back on board.

Bugger, I''m too late. Damn this xmas break - you lose track of what bloody day it is!

For the record, my pick this week is RHYL v Prestatyn Town = HOME WIN.

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

It was a close call between Rhyl and Man Utd as Boro are their bogey team but they''re so bad right now they won''t get anything at Old Trafford.

Went to put a £10 bet on and was only offered £60 winnings!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Having studied the form of both the pickers and the teams involved here''s your festive six:

AJAX v ADO Den Haag

DUMBARTON v Elgin

HARTLEPOOL v Crewe

LEICESTER v Hereford

MAN UTD v Middlesbrough

WREXHAM v Woking

Complete coincidence that all six are at home so apologies if a successful pick doesn''t result in much in the way of winnings but I went for those picked by more than one person.

I may even put on a similar bet at the local bookies I''m that confident...

[/quote]

Yes you lovely old Pickers the bet is on thanks to super Sports Desk Pete and Dixmar Racing of course, the bet is ....

2-5   Dumbarton

1-4   Ajax

4-6   Hartlepool

2-5   Leicester

1-4   Man utd

8-15 Wrexham

Which will win £68-26p for the Academy, with such wonderful nailed on selections it all looks so easy. I think another win is on the cards. So well done Pete , you lovely old boy, game on,  best of luck all....[Y]..arrdee.

Dumbarton v Elgin has been postponed. What happens now? Do I pick another or is it too late? If so then RHYL to beat Prestatyn.

You will be on the other five Pete, so the Free Bet carries over to tomorrows games. Shame about Dumbarton but these things happen and the weather can''t be helped. It will of course mean reduced winnings if the other 5 are correct.

Rhyl kicked off at 2:30 anyway and at half-time they were winning 5-0!

The others all look good thought Pete, theylook a solid set of selections to me and let''s hope the Free Bet goes on to Monday evening undefeated.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You will be on the other five Pete, so the Free Bet carries over to tomorrows games. Shame about Dumbarton but these things happen and the weather can''t be helped. It will of course mean reduced winnings if the other 5 are correct.

The others all look good thought Pete, theylook a solid set of selections to me and let''s hope the Free Bet goes on to Monday evening undefeated.

[/quote]

It''s happened to me again, another non-starter. so therefore if it is OK with yourselves Ray/Nutty then for the benefit of my nap selection I will go for :-

Dutch Eredivisie   Ajax v ADO Den Haag, 11:30 Sunday 27th Dec, Home win !

If this complicates things too much then fair enough I''ll have to miss this week.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="nutty nigel"] You will be on the other five Pete, so the Free Bet carries over to tomorrows games. Shame about Dumbarton but these things happen and the weather can''t be helped. It will of course mean reduced winnings if the other 5 are correct.

The others all look good thought Pete, theylook a solid set of selections to me and let''s hope the Free Bet goes on to Monday evening undefeated.[/quote]It''s happened to me again, another non-starter. so therefore if it is OK with yourselves Ray/Nutty then for the benefit of my nap selection I will go for :-

Dutch Eredivisie   Ajax v ADO Den Haag, 11:30 Sunday 27th Dec, Home win !

If this complicates things too much then fair enough I''ll have to miss this week.[/quote]Like Jim I''m having to revise my selection if it''s ok so.....

I hope my form continues as I''m going for......

Norwich City v Nottingham Forest......Home win.

Good luck everyone.

That''s fine ''Gentleman'' Jim. we were waiting for you and Lapp to come in with a revised nap. You are both still on course for PUP of the month now [&]

Tip:

A word of warning beware when Alloa are at home against a side supposedly miles better in Scottish League 2 there home record is a lot better than their away record- it turns out they play on a plastic pitch ( I think they are the only side to do so at the moment in England or Scotland) which may be a leveller against better sides. 

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]

The pups league table aint looking good for me anymore

I''m goin down quicker than a Â£100 whore

[/quote]

Did you try and make that rhyme?

That was unlucky Pete. That Hartlepool result was a strange one for sure. These things happen at Christmas time but remember we have lost nothing and the Free bet will be back next week and I know you will be back next year for another go.

Hello all.

Think im a bit late in picking this week, but thought would stop by to say hello. Currently in Sydney gearing up for new years. Checked out the harbour bridge/opera house etc, tis quite a city. Also the beers very cheap.

Got woke up last night to a text message of "We are 2-0 down after 20 mins to forest". Even worse as I didnt know we were playing today. Either way its good to know im not missing much.

Will try and get a pick in for next week, but we are picking up a campervan soon which means internet access will be very limited. But hopefully will catch up with you all soon.