Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

What must Wes Hoolahan be thinking?

When Hoolahan first signed we were all excited and thought he was going to be the next Hucks, but he didn''t get of to the best of starts and was rightfuly dropped.  However though, he was given another chance by Roeder a couple of games ago and he was put in a new positon just behind the front man.  He has seemed to play well there, and with him playing in this position it brought a new formation, 4-5-1. 

Roeder has now brought in the target man Carl Cort, although Carl will start on the bench at first it is obvious that eventually he will end up playing up front with Lita in a 4-4-2 formation.  This means that the position of just behind the front man is gone.  Which means Wes Hoolahan''s best position is gone.

With the signing of Carl Cort it must of brought a huge confidence blow to Hoolahan, and he must feel unfairly treated.  If Carl Cort does end up playing up front with Lita in a 4-4-2 formation, Hoolahan will be dropped to the bench unfairly and I don''t think thats right.

Not sure i agree with this. If Wes continues to play well and the system continues to work then he will retain his place, if it doesnt work and he doesn''t play well then we have a different option. Against big aggressive defences where Hoolahan is going to get battered around alot the system is less likely to be effective so having Cort to bully back may work better in creating space for Lita/hoolahan to exploit.

[quote user="Polar"]Not sure i agree with this. If Wes continues to play well and the system continues to work then he will retain his place, if it doesnt work and he doesn''t play well then we have a different option. Against big aggressive defences where Hoolahan is going to get battered around alot the system is less likely to be effective so having Cort to bully back may work better in creating space for Lita/hoolahan to exploit.[/quote]Quite right. Wes will be thinking what you want everybody to think at your football club "If I don''t play well I''m dropped cos theres somebody to take my place" Wes need to do nothing but play well and influence the out come of games and he will remain in the starting line up. Cort is very unlikely to be match fit and likely to either start as a sub or at worse for Wes start but only be able to last 60 mins.Most likely would be that Roeder puts Cort on the bench and stick with the same winning team. Wes need only to play well and he''ll be un-subable if he doesn''t play well he''s dropped. All looks good to me.

we should never drop a winning formation/team.

carl cort should not play until out current lineup is suffering from injurys or lack of results.

infact i hope he doesnt start against watford, they are a physical side and we have the talent to play around them.

[quote user="Boyo"]

When Hoolahan first signed we were all excited and thought he was going to be the next Hucks, but he didn''t get of to the best of starts and was rightfuly dropped.  However though, he was given another chance by Roeder a couple of games ago and he was put in a new positon just behind the front man.  He has seemed to play well there, and with him playing in this position it brought a new formation, 4-5-1. 

Roeder has now brought in the target man Carl Cort, although Carl will start on the bench at first it is obvious that eventually he will end up playing up front with Lita in a 4-4-2 formation.  This means that the position of just behind the front man is gone.  Which means Wes Hoolahan''s best position is gone.

With the signing of Carl Cort it must of brought a huge confidence blow to Hoolahan, and he must feel unfairly treated.  If Carl Cort does end up playing up front with Lita in a 4-4-2 formation, Hoolahan will be dropped to the bench unfairly and I don''t think thats right.

[/quote]

Its just an extra option we will have, and a nice one. What if Hoolahans having a bad game?

[quote user="Boyo"]What must Wes Hoolahan be thinking?[/quote]Oh bejesus, me flamin'' potatoes are overcooked agin? Bejabbers, where''s me Coors CD?

[quote user="Polar"]Not sure i agree with this. If Wes continues to play well and the system continues to work then he will retain his place, if it doesnt work and he doesn''t play well then we have a different option. Against big aggressive defences where Hoolahan is going to get battered around alot the system is less likely to be effective so having Cort to bully back may work better in creating space for Lita/hoolahan to exploit.
[/quote]

spot on, what use is it having Plan A and then nothing?

Well if I was Wes I would be worrying about my place in the team even though Cort will start on the bench, because one bad game and he is out.

But also like some of you have said it could make Wes play even better because he wants to seament his place in the team.  You can look at it in two different ways. 

[

i''d like to think everybody doesn''t think they''re a certain starter although i guess having a bit of security about their place can improve confidence. As you say 2 different ways of looking at it

[quote user="Count Chopula"][quote user="Boyo"]What must Wes Hoolahan be thinking?[/quote]

Oh bejesus, me flamin'' potatoes are overcooked agin? Bejabbers, where''s me Coors CD?

[/quote]

Good one Chop, try going back another 2000 years why dont you!

Wes will be thinking, "No worries, Croft will be a Wolves player in January leaving me a space on the wing".

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]By the time Cort is match fit Lita will be gone! Plus the fact I dont think Cort is good enough to play for us![/quote]

Perhaps we should wait and see him play before criticising?