Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We can, and must, beat Watford!

Especially after all our rivals dropped points last night. With Reading away on Saturday, and sadly no Lita, tonight is a great chance to start putting some daylight between us and the bottom three.

I think 3-1 to us........................agreed?

[quote user="CT "]Depends on what your balls say Wiz![:P][/quote]

They''re being re-alinged as I type CT, so I''m going on a gut feeling with that prediction. [:D]

I think Watford are the third-highest goalscorers in the league but the highest conceders, while we''ve certainly scored and shipped more than our fair share ourselves.

0-0 it is, then.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]1-1 and would be very happy with this result[/quote]

It has to be a win Lincoln, we need to start climbing the table, and a point won''t do that.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

They''re being re-alinged as I type CT, so I''m going on a gut feeling with that prediction. [:D]

[/quote]

I''m now stuck with this horrible vision of an old bloke rooting around in his pants.[6]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I''m now stuck with this horrible vision of an old bloke rooting around in his pants.[6]

[/quote]

[+o(]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]1-1 and would be very happy with this result[/quote]

It has to be a win Lincoln, we need to start climbing the table, and a point won''t do that.

[/quote]

Yes a win tonight and up two places, we can do it  

This is a 6  pointer tonight and a great opportunity for us to move away from the bottom 3 given the results from last night.  I certainly wouldn''t right us off against Reading as we always play better against better teams but realistically 3 point is very important tonight because we aren''t likely to get much at Reading

I think we can win again tonight!

Why, after weeks of crap and a win over the scum, do I think we''ve turned a corner?

We''ll probably capitulate as usual, and go back to our old ways again!

Amazing what a win over the scum can do to the brain!

Here''s to 3 points and a Debut strike from Carl ''Asda'' Cort!

0-2 to the boys!

Tonight is such a big match, results last night really gives us a chance to move further away from the dreaded bottom 3.

I''m confident, i''m saying 2-1 City!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!

Tonight we will see if GR has any management skills. He''s got to use the confidence gained from win over scum. But it''s important to keep their feet on the ground too. He has to get his team focussed and that is one of the most important skills of a good manager.

I think this game is crucial for the team''s self-confidence and it will show the overall professionalism of the squad and the manager.

OTBC!!!

Beatle _ [quote]Amazing what a win over the scum can do to the brain![/quote]

Too right! Trouble is, for most the victory over the scum seems to have turned most peoples brains to mulch -- I''m bored with overly optimistic twonks suddenly classing us as promotion contenders with Roeder as the next England manager & Croft as some kind of bleedin'' Ronaldo because of a single victory.

Especially after all our rivals dropped points last night. With Reading away on Saturday, and sadly no Lita, tonight is a great chance to start putting some daylight between us and the bottom three.

I think 3-1 to us........................agreed?

[/quote]

Fraid not Wiz. I think we all know that the lads will, despite playing well, throw away 3 points tonight and bring the fans tumbling back down to earth: ala Palace. 2-1 Watford.

Would love to see a win but when was the last time we did so at Vicarage Road? I''ve been there a few times in recent years and seen some woeful stuff from us. They have a reputation of beinga big strong side which is exactly the sort of team we struggle against. However Cort should help in that regard if he plays. Hope I''m wrong as 3 points would be massive, as would be 3 against Charlton next week.

We have to win tonight, as being as optimistic as i normally am, i dont see us getting anything from reading, i think we will lose by a narrow margin, but if we win tonight and win agaisnt Chalton i think fans wont mind that much.

[quote user="shyster"]Beatle _ [quote]Amazing what a win over the scum can do to the brain![/quote]

Too right! Trouble is, for most the victory over the scum seems to have turned most peoples brains to mulch -- I''m bored with overly optimistic twonks suddenly classing us as promotion contenders with Roeder as the next England manager & Croft as some kind of bleedin'' Ronaldo because of a single victory.[/quote]

Once again, we agree, but don''t you think that the same goes for overly pessimistic twonks classing us down as headed straight for the conference and Roeder as the child catcher and Croft as the worst player in the division after a couple of defeats?

Cuts both ways in my opinion.  

[/quote]

Did you have sprouts last night, as that might just be the gut feeling lol [:)]

We MUST win tonight as I can''t see anything other than a heavy defeat on Saturday!!!! However, if Watford decide to keep hoofing the ball up in the air, we could be in trouble!

Tumleweed, We last beat them in our promotion season, 4 and a half years ago!

I think, if anything will kick start our season it was Sunday, win tonight and maybe, just maybe things will change.  Lose, and my positivity regained from Sun will be gone for the season.