Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

How to buy yourself another 6 months.

'' Spiritual capital'' I believe they call it these days.

As a PR man, Chairman Munby must be in seventh heaven.

And as for his major client? A big sigh of relief after the PR disaster at the AGM, one suspects.

Is this a seminal moment?

I mean Glenn even did keepie-uppies for the Pink Un photographer at Colney yesterday!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

And as for his major client? A big sigh of relief after the PR disaster at the AGM, one suspects.

I mean Glenn even did keepie-uppies for the Pink Un photographer at Colney yesterday!

OTBC

[/quote]

For the uninitiated this post translates as :

Despite my multiple random posts trying to stir up dissent, no-one''s taking any notice of me.

Oh dear

Oh dear

One agenda

[|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Despite my multiple random posts trying to stir up dissent, no-one''s taking any notice of me.

Oh dear

Oh dear

One agenda

[|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)][|-)]

[/quote]

Only to those arrivistes with a one track mind and no powers of analysis who try to post on every thread.

Dear oh dear.

Still. One love (nutty''s little foot soldier. Shhhh.....!!! I won''t out you)

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh dear

Oh dear

One agenda

[/quote]

Only to those arrivistes with a one track mind and no powers of analysis who try to post on every thread.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Sticks and stones, old man, sticks and stones.

Why not start yet another thread to celebrate your witty put down?

Dear oh dear

[|-)][|-)][|-)]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Nail and head, Mr BBB, nail and head. [:)] [/quote]

Why thank you macd.

[:D]

OTBC

[/quote]

Okay, I will admit that that made me smile. [:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh dear

Oh dear

One agenda

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Dear oh dear

[|-)][|-)][|-)]

[/quote]

I see you''re both an ageist and a hypocrite - as far as sticks and stones are concerned.

What else are you? I mean apart from a nutty foot soldier trying to run interference?

Dear oh dear oh dear!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh dear

Oh dear

One agenda

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Dear oh dear

[|-)][|-)][|-)]

[/quote]

I see you''re both an ageist and a hypocrite - as far as sticks and stones are concerned.

What else are you? I mean apart from a nutty foot soldier trying to run interference?

Dear oh dear oh dear!

OTBC

[/quote]

What am I Bly? Well, for one I''m the person you randomly accused of being amember of the BNP recently. As a veteran of the Anti Nazi League as a student I find that deeply offensive.I''m also no spring chicken, so the ageist label doesn''t really stick. As for sticks and stones I''ll always give as good as I get. As for being a "nutty foot soldier" I think you are way off beam. I don''t need to follow anyone and will agree or disagree as I see fit,which is something that having David Starkey as a tutor inculcated into me at a formative age. Hypocrisy is not something I''m prone too,but I will defend myself. If you don''t like it perhaps you should review your unremittingly patronising approach to your fellow posters.

[quote user="Patches OHoolahan"]Beauseant, just out of interest which university did you attend- i''d guess LSE? Also which side of the debate did you fall on with regards Elton and Starkey vis-a-vis Thomas Cromwell?[/quote]

Fitzwilliam College Cambridge (1975-8) At the time Starkey was at LSE but was a visiting fellow at Fitz (his old college).

He was great fun, but had a tendency to try to "accidently " touch your leg during tutorials! My housemate Larry Elliott,who''s now the Guardian economics editor, were recently comparing notes on the potential mental scarring we must have suffered!

I attended Elton''s lectures and hated him.All he did was spend most of the time reading sections of his own books and the rest slagging off anyone who had an alternative view.He was the king of the jungle as far as the Tudors were concerned at that time,but Starkey was his disciple and, ultimately, nemesis.I''m firmly on Starkey''s side on Cromwell,as in most other ares of the subject to be honest

[quote]Nail and head, Mr B, nail and head. [:)] [/quote]I think that is rather the problem.  Why does that poor nail get punished everytime BBB starts a thread?Oh, and BBB should it not be arrivistas rather than arrivistes?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh dear

Oh dear

One agenda

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Dear oh dear

[|-)][|-)][|-)]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear oh dear!

OTBC

[/quote]

What am I Bly? Well, for one I''m the person you randomly accused of being amember of the BNP recently. As a veteran of the Anti Nazi League as a student I find that deeply offensive.I''m also no spring chicken, so the ageist label doesn''t really stick. As for sticks and stones I''ll always give as good as I get. As for being a "nutty foot soldier" I think you are way off beam. I don''t need to follow anyone and will agree or disagree as I see fit,which is something that having David Starkey as a tutor inculcated into me at a formative age. Hypocrisy is not something I''m prone too,but I will defend myself. If you don''t like it perhaps you should review your unremittingly patronising approach to your fellow posters.

[/quote]

The Anti Nazi League at Cambridge in the mid-70s - the mind boggles.

And as for someone posting at the unremitting rate of about 4800 per year starting in July this year, your sanctimony (''hypocritical piety'' = I like that!) is presumptious - to say the least.

You need to lighten up (a lot).

Still. One love.

OTBC

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

Can you guys stop talking about higher education? It will scare BBB and his Thesaurus away.

[/quote]

And which uni did you go to Delia, dear?

S.Ticky Cake School?

OTBC

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

Can you guys stop talking about higher education? It will scare BBB and his Thesaurus away.

[/quote]

S.Ticky Cake School?

OTBC

[quote user="7rew"][quote]Nail and head, Mr B, nail and head. [:)] [/quote]

I think that is rather the problem.  Why does that poor nail get punished everytime BBB starts a thread?

Oh, and BBB should it not be arrivistas rather than arrivistes?
[/quote]

A] If nails are meant to be hit squarely on the head, how can that amount to punishment?

B] 

ar·ri·viste

FlashVars="soundpath=http://img.tfd.com/hm/mp3/A0437800" menu="false" width="10"

height="13" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
 (-r-vst)

n.

1. A person who has recently attained high position or great power but not general acceptance or respect; an upstart.

2. A social climber; a bounder.

As I don''t speak Spanish, you tell me.

OTBC

And as for someone posting at the unremitting rate of about 4800 per year starting in July this year, your sanctimony (''hypocritical piety'' = I like that!) is presumptious - to say the least.

Still. One love.

[/quote]

Oh, its the post count again?

Oh dear, so predictable.

As for lightening up, to be lectured on sanctimony by someone as self regading as yourself is highly amusing.

In fact, you brighten my day on a regular basis. I just love watching a supreme egotist preening himself without realising that those whom he believes he is impressing think he''s a complete pillock rather than the erudite man of letter that he fancies himself as.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Still. One love.

[/quote]

Oh dear, so predictable.[:)]

As for lightening up, to be lectured on sanctimony by someone as self regading as yourself is highly amusing.

In fact, you brighten my day on a regular basis. I just love watching a supreme egotist preening himself without realising that those whom he believes he is impressing think he''s a complete pillock rather than the erudite man of letter that he fancies himself as.

[/quote]

Post counts are facts. Uncomfortable with that are we.......?

Tell me Beausomething (its that that really gets you isn''t it [:)]), didn''t your Granny ever tell you that      ''a little of what you fancy does you good''?

You really do need to lighten up. It''s only a message board, Have some fun.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Still. One love.

[/quote]

Oh dear, so predictable.[:)]

[/quote]

Post counts are facts. Uncomfortable with that are we.......?

Tell me Beausomething (its that that really gets you isn''t it [:)]), didn''t your Granny ever tell you that      ''a little of what you fancy does you good''?

You really do need to lighten up. It''s only a message board, Have some fun.

One love.

To the world!

OTBC

[/quote]

Nothing you come up with "gets" me Bly. I usually have a little chuckle and then try to wind you up a bit more. Do you really think I take all this stuff seriously? Its not real life for heaven''s sake. I''m sure that if we ever met we''d get on fine.

It might be cry cry cry baby tonight if you binners don''t beat brizzle

[quote user="IBA"]He''ll have some delusion about you being somebody else in a minute.[/quote]

Better than illusions about actually being a somebody, I''ll warrant.

Next.

OTBC

I know, I''ll post some randome crape earl in the morning and then revisit it a few hours later when nobody has responded and spout some more crap. Day in and day out...

[quote user="City1st"]It might be cry cry cry baby tonight if you binners don''t beat brizzle
[/quote]

My, my what a clever post to mark your century. But why only might.........surely it will be...?

Which uni did you go to - or dream of going to?

Now careful because there''s a couple on here who went to University at Cambridge and LSE and still don''t know left from right - or what''s best for City, come to that.

But still, one love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]

S.Ticky Cake School?

OTBC

[/quote]

I didn''t go to University, what about you?