Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Journalists and media entities.

Glenn Roeder said that Carl Cort had been on trial with City for 2 weeks prior to his signing.

Seems to me that although he was ''around'' for 2 weeks either the Archant jounalists didn''t notice or the company agreed with the club to keep the matter quiet.

I wonder which?

What is the duty of a journalist and/or media house in this scenario?

And if it was that the journalists simply didn''t notice...........................

Either way it doesn''t exactly fill you with confidence does it?

OTBC

Carl Cort might not have wanted the attention, and neither would have Roeder if he wasn''t sure of signing the lad.I think for both parties it''s best kept quiet.I remain in full confidence over something like this, that the club can keep as quiet as they like about it.Just hopefully he turns out to be a good signing.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Glenn Roeder said that Carl Cort had been on trial with City for 2 weeks prior to his signing.

Seems to me that although he was ''around'' for 2 weeks either the Archant jounalists didn''t notice or the company agreed with the club to keep the matter quiet.

I wonder which?

And if it was that the journalists simply didn''t notice...........................

OTBC

I might make more posts than you, but you sure as hell hold the record for starting them! If only you could come up with an interesting topic you''d be a world beater.

By the way,which Uni had the pleasure of your massive intellect?

[/quote]

[quote user="AJ"]Carl Cort might not have wanted the attention, and neither would have Roeder if he wasn''t sure of signing the lad.

I think for both parties it''s best kept quiet.

I remain in full confidence over something like this, that the club can keep as quiet as they like about it.

Just hopefully he turns out to be a good signing.
[/quote]

I don''t disagree with you AJ, but quite frankly any journalist worth his salt would have smelt out the story and had a scoop on his hands - and published it, one way or another.

That City were able to keep it quiet - good for them. But why would it be best for Archant to keep it quiet?

Yes, I think he was worth a gamble. Well done Glenn.

OTBC

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wonder which?

OTBC

I might make more posts than you, but you sure as hell hold the record for starting them! If only you could come up with an interesting topic you''d be a world beater.

[/quote][/quote]I think I remember Bly saying Nottingham Beauseant, which sprung to prominence after he left.....

http://longford.nottingham.ac.uk/spotlight/story006/page3.asp

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wonder which?

OTBC

[/quote][/quote]I think I remember Bly saying Nottingham Beauseant, which sprung to prominence after he left.....

http://longford.nottingham.ac.uk/spotlight/story006/page3.asp

[/quote]

Cor blas, Lappy. You''re a funny lad sometimes. Seems you''ve had a senior moment there.

Still, one love.

OTBC

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wonder which?

OTBC

[/quote][/quote]

So why do you open them and then respond?

Curious eh?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wonder which?

OTBC

[/quote][/quote]

Curious eh?

OTBC

[/quote]

Why do you poke sticks into anthills? I just like winding you up, haven''t you worked that out yet?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wonder which?

OTBC

[/quote][/quote]

Curious eh?

OTBC

[/quote]

Why do you poke sticks into anthills? I just like winding you up, haven''t you worked that out yet?

[/quote]

Must be that Starkey''s fault, I guess.

When you poke sticks into anthills the buggers love to run up your leg, like it or not.

OTBC 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wonder which?

OTBC

[/quote][/quote]

Curious eh?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

When you poke sticks into anthills the buggers love to run up your leg, like it or not.

OTBC 

[/quote]

LOL! I hope you''re not trying to come onto me Bly. It was bad enough with Starkey[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wonder which?

OTBC

[/quote][/quote]

Curious eh?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC 

[/quote]

LOL! I hope you''re not trying to come onto me Bly. It was bad enough with Starkey[;)]

[/quote]

Ooo-er whassss gewin arnnnnnnnn ere than eh? [:)]