Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Free kicks lately.

I don''t know if this has been mentioned before, but what''s the idea of Crofty putting both his hands on the ball, just before Bell takes the free-kicks? It seems to produce some good free-kicks, but to me, it it seems that Crofty is commiting a hand ball offence. Surely the ref. has blown for the kick to be taken, when Croft "handles" the ball, or am i missing something. (marbles?)  

Can''t be handball as the ball isn''t in play.

Not sure the reason for doing it but I noticed a team, cant remember who doing the same thing on match of the day last week.

Correct it cannot be hand ball because the ball is out of play until it is hit with the boot.

We think it is done so that when Croft puts his arms in the air it is a signal to start a run for certain players, and when he touches the ball it is another signal for other players to start their runs.

Regardless it seems to be working, we have been scoring and making chances from set pieces, so whatever it is used for it seems to work for timing and positioning!

Its the signal for where there putting the bull for example if Crofty puts ball in air that means there looking to aim towards back post etc.

It was Hull I think.

At least it shows a bit of invention - all the time Fozzy was taking them they were a complete waste of time.

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]Is that you Ginger or is it Ginger''s brother ?[/quote]

Its Ginger! Ginger''s Ginger brother is somewhere else right now.

Do I know you Cuckoo?