Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Reading and Lupoli

I think Roeder has made a bit of an error not giving Lupoli half an hour against watford, with lita out for the next game, cureton misfiring and now out on loan, Cort perhaps not ready... koroma well... out of the frame? we need a match ready lupoli to lead the line... Lupoli has a point to prove and a run out against the lesser watford and perhaps a goal would have given him a big shot in the arm for the next game... now Roeder has made a rod for his own back... fingers crossed we catch reading on an off day...

[quote user="Jameswallis"]I think Roeder has made a bit of an error not giving Lupoli half an hour against watford, with lita out for the next game, cureton misfiring and now out on loan, Cort perhaps not ready... koroma well... out of the frame? we need a match ready lupoli to lead the line...

Lupoli has a point to prove and a run out against the lesser watford and perhaps a goal would have given him a big shot in the arm for the next game...

now Roeder has made a rod for his own back... fingers crossed we catch reading on an off day...

[/quote]

im still not sure that will be enough to get a decent result!

[quote user="Jameswallis"] cureton misfiring

[/quote]

mis⋅fire 

var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://cache.lexico.com/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "60", "18", "", "6");

interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false");

interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high");

interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false");

interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t");

interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcache.lexico.com%2Fdictionary%2Faudio%2Fluna%2FM04%2FM0486100.mp3");

interfaceflash.write();

 [v. mis-fiuhr; n. mis-fahyuhr] Show IPA Pronunciation
verb, -fired, -firâ‹…ing, noun

–verb (used without object)

1. (of a rifle or gun or of a bullet or shell) to fail to fire or explode.

2. (of an internal-combustion engine) to fail to ignite properly or when expected.

3. to fail to hit a cows arse with a banjo or achieve the desired result, effect, etc.: Jamie Curetons boots completely misfired.

[quote user="Jameswallis"]I think Roeder has made a bit of an error not giving Lupoli half an hour against watford, with lita out for the next game, cureton misfiring and now out on loan, Cort perhaps not ready... koroma well... out of the frame? we need a match ready lupoli to lead the line...

Lupoli has a point to prove and a run out against the lesser watford and perhaps a goal would have given him a big shot in the arm for the next game...

now Roeder has made a rod for his own back... fingers crossed we catch reading on an off day...

[/quote]

Koroma impressed me at both Coventry and Southampton, a little bit awkward but a reall handful for defenders. I''m surprised he hasn''t had more opportunities with us.

Agreed.  He had  a very sharp turn of pace and looked as if he could outpace anybody on the pitch. If he was an athlete these would be excellent qualities. Unfortunately he is a footballer and his ball control is non existent. He falls into the same category as Archibald- Henson or whatever his name was. A total waste of money

Yes I entirely agree with you I was somewhat surprised that Roeder didn''t put Lupoli on in the second half to partner Lita. Then I think the score line would have been different.

[quote user="jbghost"]Agreed.  He had  a very sharp turn of pace and looked as if he could outpace anybody on the pitch. If he was an athlete these would be excellent qualities. Unfortunately he is a footballer and his ball control is non existent. He falls into the same category as Archibald- Henson or whatever his name was. A total waste of money[/quote]

A bit harsh !

Roeder''s decisions are really starting to wind me up! Russell was clearly not in the game yesterday & still Roeder would not put Lupoli on (who is a striker) to replace Russell (a midfielder) up front!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

Roeder''s decisions are really starting to wind me up! Russell was clearly not in the game yesterday & still Roeder would not put Lupoli on (who is a striker) to replace Russell (a midfielder) up front!

[/quote]

It''s not so much that Roeder has favourites but he certainly leaves players knowing when they are not in favour. Of course you''re right, the game was there to be won and lt was a no brainer (or should have been) to bring on Lupoli for the last 20 minutes.

I guess there is the flip side which is do you risk the only other attacking option when you are the team in controll of the game? Essentially we had a good enough team out there last night to win and we should have done - no excuses.If Lupoli had come on a gotten injured then you are relying on Koroma and Cort. That is the dilema. Lupoli MUST start against Reading and I have a feeling that if Hoolahan is still ill then it will be him and Cort.

The simple fact is that we were losing the match, and with 10 minutes to go we should have put men up front. Whether that would be Lupoli, Doherty, both? etc - something should have been tried.

A few people mentioned Koroma. I was under the impression he was injured?? I could be wrong though as I don''t know for sure, any ideas??

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

[/quote]

Come on Russell did well - He played a full 90 minutes without getting sent off!

It seemed kinda obvious that when Hooly went down with the flu, the simplest thing to do to keep the system that worked so well for against the Scum, was to replace him with Lupoli.  He might have needed to warm up a bit, but he would have played a similar game to Hooly. 

All this f*cking about with tactics from one game to the next is the root cause of our inconsistency.  Roeder kind of got it with the defence (although like another poster on here I would have dropped Doc and bought back Kennedy) but putting Russell up front was b*ll*cks.  Now all the flowing football we had on Sunday and for much of last night will disappear in a mad panic as we try to live without Lita at Reading.  Defeat there a defo, then we have to re-learn again for the match against Charlton (yet another relegation six pointer - god Charlton must be rubbing their hands with glee now!).

Roeder - stop the tinkering.  play to our strengths and stop messing about just cos one player is out!