Sign in to follow this  
Loughborough Canary

Anyone into Pro Evolution Soccer on PS2?

To anyone who plays the Pro Evolution games (better than Fifa in a lot of peoples opinions), I''ve just found out that the new game, PES4, will for the first time ever feature a full and up to date premiership line-up. That means the mighty Norwich will be on there and I''m really happy about it.

To anyone else, that probably sounds a bit sad, but believe me its the best footy sim around and Norwich''s inclusion will only make it better.

This is great news because PES is the best football game of all time! I know it''s probably too much to ask for but wouldn''t it be great to see a football game with a fully rendered Carrow Road! Don''t the Prem teams in PES usually hve their own stadiums? I think it''d look great! Where did you find out about this news?

Actually my excitement about getting the game just went downhill, when I read on Soccergaming:

Teams (unconfirmed)
Italian Serie A teams from 2003/04 (fully licensed)

Spainish La Liga teams from 2003/04 (fully licensed)

Dutch Eredivisie teams from 2003/04 (fully licensed)

German Bundesliga from 2003/04

** English Premier League from 2003/04 ** - so we miss out then!!!

French Ligue 1 from 2003/04....

Hopefully the news I read was old and may have changed since...

It definitely sounds like Norwich will be in it. Not the stadium though. The Japanese version, Winning Eleven 8 has just been released and it has last years prem teams. So thats probably where the info that you read came from Alex. But there was some kind of games show event thingy recently where gamers got a chance to play an early version of PES4 and it had the new prem lineup. I''ll have a look for the link.

You haven''t mentioned that the English Prem is "fully licensed", so I assume we''d have to edit all the player names to avoid our starting line-up being Gren, Brinnan, McKey,Chorlton,Helvog,Rolls-Royce,Malryne,McVigh,Josnon,Svinnson and Heckerby...

The link is

http://www.pesinsight.com/news.php#fus_189

By the way that doesn''t mean the team will be official, just that they''re there, but who knows what will happen by the release. There''ll definitely be a free to download option file with all the accurate names, data etc on www.pesfan.com out on the release date (plus subsequent updates) so if you get that, it shouldn''t matter too much.

If the Prem isn''t official then it''ll be funny to see what team name they give us, maybe Norfolk.

Yeah, just to reiterate. I don''t know if many of you guys do this, but if you buy an X-port cable (about £18 at play.com) then you can download a fully complete option file from www.pesfan.com. Some really committed people there spend loads of time making all the names, kits, team flags and transfers etc accurate so you don''t have to do any of the work. The outlay of £18 really is worth it and the option file you get is much better than the one you can buy from the shops. Plus they do updates all throughout the year to keep transfers up to date.

Sorry if you lot already know this.

I have to admit I am partial to a bit of Pro Evo Soccer on the PS2. It would be good if they did include our official line-up, but I can''t see it being up to date if the game is coming out in October. But with our current squad of international players I''m sure they will feature in the game somewhere.

The 3-4-3 (diamond midfield) is THE killer formation by the way!

this is great news. i''ve got every one of the pro evo''s. we will be on it as it says;

''Winning Eleven 8 may have featured the teams from last seasons top divisions, but Pro Evolution Soccer 4 is set to have updated leagues. For the English sides Leeds United, Leicester City and Wolves have all been replaced in PES4 with Crystal Palace, Norwich and West Brom.''

yes but will we have a stupid name. Merseyside Blue springs to mind as an example of PES weakness!!! East Anglia Green or something rubbish.

Come on PES get the licence and wooden commentary sorted and we will all die happy

Its looking good, its just that the news hasn''t been confirmed by konami yet. If they can get full licenses for Spanish and Italian leagues then surely the Prem should be a possibility.

The yellow and green is gonna look so good on screen, but our stats are gonna be absolutely awful.

Maybe someone at carrow road could confirm whether they''ve been approached by Konami - dunno if it works like that.

Fifa has the licence for english leagues i believe

I think if Konami were able to get licenses we would of seen it by now. I''ve got no idea how TIF managed to do it, as EA seem to run the rule over this, which is a shame because their FIFA offering is usually dull crap, and no different to last years (plus EA seem to think presentation and presentation only makes a good game) - having said that, i''ve heard good things about FIFA2005...

Hopefully we''ll see fully licensed leagues in PES one day.

This is fantastic news, will there be the up to date WBA side on the game? I''ve had al the pro-evolution games, they are by far better than Fifa, no doubt about that. If this is true, it''s really made my day!

I always thought the wooden commentary was one of the best things about the PES games. I''ll never forget when Terry Butcher did one of the games (PES2?) and I tuned into a match commentary on Radio 5 only to hear the man himself commentating and sounding exactly the same as on the game. I don''t mean just his voice sounded the same, his presentation, exclamations and level of excitement were exactly the same too!

I think there are several organisations that can give rights to the player names. FIFA obviously has the full list of teams and players but if I remember right, TIF get a license from the PFA don''t they?

It is going to be on xbox also which is also going to be xbox live i think

So you will be able to play as Norwich against people from around the world

Is it out in october?

More PE4 info and screenshots here: http://www.lunchpr.com/ (go to ''more stories'' first)

A friend of mine is reviewing it for knowledge mag at the mo, apparantely its mental - more fluid, graphics and player likeness is much improved, many more first touch and dribbling options and theres a ref running around!

Fifa - Pah.

Transfers might be a little out of date unfortunately. In PES3 Chelsea''s line-up was really out of date after their summer spending spree. Having said that the report on www.pesinsight.com did say that the early version of PES4 appeared to have more up to date team rosters, so who knows.

Theres quite a few video clips of winning eleven 8 around at the moment. If you don''t already know about www.pesfan.com, go to the winning eleven discussion board at

http://www.pesfan.com/bulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=127

and search through the video thread. Theres a recording of an entire match which looks really sweet.

Oh yeah, you have to register by the way.