Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Time to go Roeder !!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

If we get two solid centre halves at Christmas, we''ll be absolutely fine.

[/quote]

From where and with what?

[/quote]

You never know!

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="wycombe canary"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Just back from Watford -and I''m bloody furious, not with the team or with the performance necessarily - but with the way that this idiot we have in charge is managing our team.

I''ve got to take my hat off to Roeder, there won''t be too many manager''s that mastermind a defeat against this terrible Watford side in the way that he did tonight.

I would just love him to explain what the hell he was thinking after Watford went 2-1 up by not only not bringing another striker on (Lupoli) but actually pulling Russell back into midfield when he had virtually been alongside Lita for the whole of the game when it was 0-1 or 1-1 !!!.

Roeder is continously outmanouvered by opposing managers and clearly doesn''t know how to react when ingame changes need to happen (i.e Swansea an Palace at home), but tonight it hits a new low when he can''t outwit a novice manager in charge of only his THIRD match, a sad indictment on Roeder, and one which I really hope he takes personally tonight because I certainly have !

Roeder talked after the Ipswich match about it being a springboard to go on a run ,and that the team would be going all out to do that tonight. Well all I can say is that each of the 1300-1400 Norwich fans that were there tonight have been cheated by a manager who DIDN''T do everyting in his power to get something out of that game  - instead just stood there watching over Lita up front on his own for the last 20 minutes ,whilst Lupoli warmed up in front of him - unforgivable.

Good luck to Lee Clark, I think he''s seen that Roeder is going to drag all of them down with him, and he''s recognised that he''d better take this job now while it''s available- because the lot of them could well be out very shortly !

[/quote]

Incredibly harsh. Roeder got his team playing remarkable football last night and we outclassed our opponents from start to finish. To call for his head after a performance like that is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. Like Adams said after the game: alot of fans are looking for someone to take the fall, that my friend is remarkable misfortune and an entirely liable goal keeper.

[/quote]

Sorry CanaryFan, were we at the same match? We had a couple of good spells, but "remarkable football" and "outclassed" is a bit exaggerated in my opinion. The discontent aimed at GR is not based on one match last night (dont forget last Sunday, when we played out of our skins to beat Ipswich and we were all on a high) - no, it''s based on a team that GR has selected and the tactics he has invoked - and based on that, opinions are made. Look at the table, look at the tactical awareness he is showing (last night was a case in point) and you will see from where the opinions are formed. 

[/quote]

You seem to think Watford were there for the taking last night. They actually played well last night, they could''nt compete because they were outclassed by a much better side. True Roeder could and should have made the change. But apart from that he and the team got everything spot on last night. His keeper let him down and theres not much Roeder can do about that. You''re just a sore loser.

[/quote]

Sore loser?? I have sat through................actually I cant be bothered to explain - you must be right

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]I think beating the binners has given him another year, its stupid, he should have been sacked before sunday[/quote]

Sounds like Brian Hamilton revisited [:(]

Trouble is, I''m getting fed up of distinctly average teams coming to Carrow Road and walking away with three points, week in, week out.

4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 just doesn''t suit us, but when your first choice striker is on loan until the 1st January, just what do you expect.

The sum of the parts of this squad may look good, compared to last year, but we''re still only one place higher and one point better off than twelve months ago [:@]

[/quote]sounds like you know more than roeder mate, get your self in the dug out.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Just back from Watford -and I''m bloody furious, not with the team or with the performance necessarily - but with the way that this idiot we have in charge is managing our team.

I''ve got to take my hat off to Roeder, there won''t be too many manager''s that mastermind a defeat against this terrible Watford side in the way that he did tonight.

I would just love him to explain what the hell he was thinking after Watford went 2-1 up by not only not bringing another striker on (Lupoli) but actually pulling Russell back into midfield when he had virtually been alongside Lita for the whole of the game when it was 0-1 or 1-1 !!!.

Roeder is continously outmanouvered by opposing managers and clearly doesn''t know how to react when ingame changes need to happen (i.e Swansea an Palace at home), but tonight it hits a new low when he can''t outwit a novice manager in charge of only his THIRD match, a sad indictment on Roeder, and one which I really hope he takes personally tonight because I certainly have !

Roeder talked after the Ipswich match about it being a springboard to go on a run ,and that the team would be going all out to do that tonight. Well all I can say is that each of the 1300-1400 Norwich fans that were there tonight have been cheated by a manager who DIDN''T do everyting in his power to get something out of that game  - instead just stood there watching over Lita up front on his own for the last 20 minutes ,whilst Lupoli warmed up in front of him - unforgivable.

Good luck to Lee Clark, I think he''s seen that Roeder is going to drag all of them down with him, and he''s recognised that he''d better take this job now while it''s available- because the lot of them could well be out very shortly !

[/quote]

Spot on!

Lasts night game was so one sided it had to  be seen to be believed considering we lost the game!

Russell is not a CF full stop hes a ''water carrier'' midfielder.

Lupolis scored 4 goals for us this season and hes hardly played. I agree hes a bit lightweight but hes been well underused considering he can score goals!

Last night was crying out for a slight change of direction after 60-70 mionutes at least so we could nail the win that our domination was crying out for. Lupoli for Russell would of been the obvious substitution!

Roedernowhereout!

[quote user="wycombe canary"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="wycombe canary"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Incredibly harsh. Roeder got his team playing remarkable football last night and we outclassed our opponents from start to finish. To call for his head after a performance like that is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. Like Adams said after the game: alot of fans are looking for someone to take the fall, that my friend is remarkable misfortune and an entirely liable goal keeper.

[/quote]

Sorry CanaryFan, were we at the same match? We had a couple of good spells, but "remarkable football" and "outclassed" is a bit exaggerated in my opinion. The discontent aimed at GR is not based on one match last night (dont forget last Sunday, when we played out of our skins to beat Ipswich and we were all on a high) - no, it''s based on a team that GR has selected and the tactics he has invoked - and based on that, opinions are made. Look at the table, look at the tactical awareness he is showing (last night was a case in point) and you will see from where the opinions are formed. 

[/quote]

You seem to think Watford were there for the taking last night. They actually played well last night, they could''nt compete because they were outclassed by a much better side. True Roeder could and should have made the change. But apart from that he and the team got everything spot on last night. His keeper let him down and theres not much Roeder can do about that. You''re just a sore loser.

[/quote]

Sore loser?? I have sat through................actually I cant be bothered to explain - you must be right

[/quote]

That tells me you have no argument [:D]. I like the way Norwich have played over the last 3/4 games. It makes me proud to wear the shirt again even if the results arent great. At least we are playing with passion and the football on show is worthy of the ticket price. If we continue to perform to the current standard for the rest of the season we will amass enough points for a mid table finish. Its a formality. I just hope the performances continue.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]i doubt he didnt have a clue, you dont have a record like his in terms of teams managed if you dont know what your doing.

people are on here moaningand making it sound easy, that is why you''re not the manager, its a tough job with a crock of shit for a squad.

It would be shocking if we got rid of him.

People on here are soo fickle.
[/quote]so fickle hey,  it''s glens crock of sh*t that he himself put together, two of the teams he''s managed have been relegated we''ll be the third

I can understand not being happy with his substitutions, but criticising the tctics makes no sense after we dominated the game. Had we changed formation and lost you would all be moaning that he changed a winning formula.

i wasnt there but i listened and watched the reports on sky sports.

the match reporter was laughing about how we were all over watford, and how our tempo was much higher than watfords.

we did everything but finish, weve just outplayed ipswich, we finally finding a formation that is suiting the team, the signings have been good.

leave roeder alone.

[quote user="cling on to clingan"]

i wasnt there but i listened and watched the reports on sky sports.

the match reporter was laughing about how we were all over watford, and how our tempo was much higher than watfords.

we did everything but finish, weve just outplayed ipswich, we finally finding a formation that is suiting the team, the signings have been good.

leave roeder alone.

[/quote]

Perhaps, if you were there your opinion would differ?

[quote user="wycombe canary"]

Some of the lads at the back started chanting "Roeder, Roeder make a sub..", well, because of his arrogance, there was no way he would sub anyone - a bit of a "nobody tells me what to do" moment.[/quote]

I was sitting in the third row from the  front and I could barely hear what they were chanting so I doubt if Roeder could.

Great post, I was there to and it was a disgrace, Roeder is tactically inept and cannot be allowed to carry on.