Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Time to go Roeder !!

Just back from Watford -and I''m bloody furious, not with the team or with the performance necessarily - but with the way that this idiot we have in charge is managing our team.

I''ve got to take my hat off to Roeder, there won''t be too many manager''s that mastermind a defeat against this terrible Watford side in the way that he did tonight.

I would just love him to explain what the hell he was thinking after Watford went 2-1 up by not only not bringing another striker on (Lupoli) but actually pulling Russell back into midfield when he had virtually been alongside Lita for the whole of the game when it was 0-1 or 1-1 !!!.

Roeder is continously outmanouvered by opposing managers and clearly doesn''t know how to react when ingame changes need to happen (i.e Swansea an Palace at home), but tonight it hits a new low when he can''t outwit a novice manager in charge of only his THIRD match, a sad indictment on Roeder, and one which I really hope he takes personally tonight because I certainly have !

Roeder talked after the Ipswich match about it being a springboard to go on a run ,and that the team would be going all out to do that tonight. Well all I can say is that each of the 1300-1400 Norwich fans that were there tonight have been cheated by a manager who DIDN''T do everyting in his power to get something out of that game  - instead just stood there watching over Lita up front on his own for the last 20 minutes ,whilst Lupoli warmed up in front of him - unforgivable.

Good luck to Lee Clark, I think he''s seen that Roeder is going to drag all of them down with him, and he''s recognised that he''d better take this job now while it''s available- because the lot of them could well be out very shortly !

don''t agree he should go. it really won''t help us, i''m happy with what he''s doing apart from his managment of lupoli that similarly has threatened hoolahans time here, it''s bewildering how little we''ve seen of him, when he''s played well given a chance

Spot on! Piss off Rodent.

GR = not manager, but plonker first class.

I knew this would happen, see my post on sunday. "Now we will see if GR is good manager"

Example: Hull city manager Phil Brown was able to get his troops in the right frame of mind after they were on a cloud by beating Arsenal. Rodent can''t do this adequately. I''m fed up, if he keeps going, we are going down fo sure.

Thought he got the tactics spot on..... well done Roeder.

As for all the idiots who want Malky - is that the hoofball you want back here?

Great football last night, I''d pay to watch it again - and will do saturday.

Wouldn''t cross the road to watch Watford

ROBFLECK

I take it you were there last night. What did Roeder do that was so wrong? I find your comments beyond belief. They were as motivated as I''ve ever seen a Norwich team, once they cross the line its up to them. Dont hear you asking for Lita to **** off for missing a sitter

I went to the game last night and thought we played pretty well for most of the game and really should have won but the simple fact is exactly what matey has mentioned the manager is clueless at times, how on earth can you play a five foot nothing striker up front on his own with someone like Russell drifting behind him unbelieavable , England even realised they couldn''t play the small guy up front on his own so why Norwich think they can do it is beyond me, and to play Russell in that role behind him is a complete joke as well, you need a creative player there and someone that links it up !!

If he would have been positive and played two proper strikers from the start we would have won comfortably. So frustrating and obvious !! Bored of listening to him after each game moaning how we bossed the game and shouldn''t have lost, I knew Clingan was good but last night I saw a fantastic performance from him , he was without doubt the best player on the pitch head and shoulders above everyone else I think if Hoolahan would have been playing we would have won, please can someone confirm he was injured and that this moron did not drop him and he has a personality clase.

I actually only think we are a few players short of having a pretty good side but seriously am questioning whether this bloke has the ability to manager this side, I am sorry to say it and have nothing against the bloke personally but whilst Doherty plays in that team as well we will struggle to improve it was marshall''s fault for the first goal but he was out of position as usual and the second goal was a joke the way he backed off tommy smith in the box like that let him have space and a free shot!! He should watch the way Clingan plays thinks and values the ball he didn''t give the ball away once last night where as he had his head down and put his foot through everything. I don''t understand the way the most obvious problems with the team can not be seen by people who watch them train daily!!

I was there, and GLJ has it spot on - Roeder stood there with his arms crossed and hadn''t got a clue. Lupoli spent so much time warming up he was knackered at the end, and his look up towards the City fans at the end said it all. Some of the lads at the back started chanting "Roeder, Roeder make a sub..", well, because of his arrogance, there was no way he would sub anyone - a bit of a "nobody tells me what to do" moment.

The players gave as much as they could, they were lively at the start of the 1st and 2nd halves, but it needed Roeder to make the tactical changes and we could have won that match - unfortunately he doesn''t have it in him.

Forget Delia and the board for the moment, we have the players that can keep us in this league (probably a decent mid-table finish), what we dont have is a manager who knows how to sort things out when its all going wrong.

Reading on Saturday, normally I look forward to going there (nice ground and all), but I dont have much optimism currently.

[quote user="IBA"]Thought he got the tactics spot on..... well done Roeder. As for all the idiots who want Malky - is that the hoofball you want back here? Great football last night, I''d pay to watch it again - and will do saturday. Wouldn''t cross the road to watch Watford[/quote]

Re Malky - how do you know he would play hoofball? He ain''t in charge there now so any such tactics are down to the new geezer surely. Anyway Watford have a track record of playing that style.  

We may have knocked the ball about ok but when you enter the last 15 minutes and you are still losing yet persist with only one striker then something is wrong with the tactics.  

I admire your loyalty in travelling round the country only to see the inevitable performance and result. I do the away two or three times a season and have very rarely seen us win. The way things are going you''ll need to check out mileage distances to Walsall, Brighton and Huddersfield. Enjoy!

[quote user="wycombe canary"]

I was there, and GLJ has it spot on - Roeder stood there with his arms crossed and hadn''t got a clue. Lupoli spent so much time warming up he was knackered at the end, and his look up towards the City fans at the end said it all. Some of the lads at the back started chanting "Roeder, Roeder make a sub..", well, because of his arrogance, there was no way he would sub anyone - a bit of a "nobody tells me what to do" moment.

The players gave as much as they could, they were lively at the start of the 1st and 2nd halves, but it needed Roeder to make the tactical changes and we could have won that match - unfortunately he doesn''t have it in him.

Forget Delia and the board for the moment, we have the players that can keep us in this league (probably a decent mid-table finish), what we dont have is a manager who knows how to sort things out when its all going wrong.

Reading on Saturday, normally I look forward to going there (nice ground and all), but I dont have much optimism currently.

[/quote]

we were the better side last night but when you''re losing 2-1 to such a poor side you need to change things.

roeder''s reluctance to gamble with lupoli is either sheer stubborness and contempt for the paying fans or else a confession that inTroy fashion he got it wrong bringing Arto here in the first place. And why 2 defenders on the bench especially with GR having no faith in AL.

Marshall had an off-day, Otsemebor & bertrand were p!ss poor (again), Russell looked lost and Bell''s crossing continually easy pickings for the Watford GK. 

Personally, i would taken Bell and Bertrand off and gone 4-4-2 but then again i have no experience of England management.

i doubt he didnt have a clue, you dont have a record like his in terms of teams managed if you dont know what your doing.people are on here moaningand making it sound easy, that is why you''re not the manager, its a tough job with a crock of shit for a squad.It would be shocking if we got rid of him.People on here are soo fickle.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="wycombe canary"]

[/quote]

we were the better side last night but when you''re losing 2-1 to such a poor side you need to change things.

roeder''s reluctance to gamble with lupoli is either sheer stubborness and contempt for the paying fans or else a confession that inTroy fashion he got it wrong bringing Arto here in the first place. And why 2 defenders on the bench especially with GR having no faith in AL.

Marshall had an off-day, Otsemebor & bertrand were p!ss poor (again), Russell looked lost and Bell''s crossing continually easy pickings for the Watford GK. 

Personally, i would taken Bell and Bertrand off and gone 4-4-2 but then again i have no experience of England management.

[/quote]

I am sure the reluctance to gamble on Lupoli was sheer stubborness and contempt - nothing more...

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Just back from Watford -and I''m bloody furious, not with the team or with the performance necessarily - but with the way that this idiot we have in charge is managing our team.

I''ve got to take my hat off to Roeder, there won''t be too many manager''s that mastermind a defeat against this terrible Watford side in the way that he did tonight.

I would just love him to explain what the hell he was thinking after Watford went 2-1 up by not only not bringing another striker on (Lupoli) but actually pulling Russell back into midfield when he had virtually been alongside Lita for the whole of the game when it was 0-1 or 1-1 !!!.

Roeder is continously outmanouvered by opposing managers and clearly doesn''t know how to react when ingame changes need to happen (i.e Swansea an Palace at home), but tonight it hits a new low when he can''t outwit a novice manager in charge of only his THIRD match, a sad indictment on Roeder, and one which I really hope he takes personally tonight because I certainly have !

Roeder talked after the Ipswich match about it being a springboard to go on a run ,and that the team would be going all out to do that tonight. Well all I can say is that each of the 1300-1400 Norwich fans that were there tonight have been cheated by a manager who DIDN''T do everyting in his power to get something out of that game  - instead just stood there watching over Lita up front on his own for the last 20 minutes ,whilst Lupoli warmed up in front of him - unforgivable.

Good luck to Lee Clark, I think he''s seen that Roeder is going to drag all of them down with him, and he''s recognised that he''d better take this job now while it''s available- because the lot of them could well be out very shortly !

[/quote]

Incredibly harsh. Roeder got his team playing remarkable football last night and we outclassed our opponents from start to finish. To call for his head after a performance like that is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. Like Adams said after the game: alot of fans are looking for someone to take the fall, that my friend is remarkable misfortune and an entirely liable goal keeper.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Incredibly harsh. Roeder got his team playing remarkable football last night and we outclassed our opponents from start to finish. To call for his head after a performance like that is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. Like Adams said after the game: alot of fans are looking for someone to take the fall, that my friend is remarkable misfortune and an entirely liable goal keeper.

[/quote] Doesn''t count for anything. Result = important against opponent in the same s*** you are in. ie Relagation Scrap

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry CanaryFan, were we at the same match? We had a couple of good spells, but "remarkable football" and "outclassed" is a bit exaggerated in my opinion. The discontent aimed at GR is not based on one match last night (dont forget last Sunday, when we played out of our skins to beat Ipswich and we were all on a high) - no, it''s based on a team that GR has selected and the tactics he has invoked - and based on that, opinions are made. Look at the table, look at the tactical awareness he is showing (last night was a case in point) and you will see from where the opinions are formed. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry but you cannot blame our current predicament on remarkable bad fortune and the goalkeeper alone. I agree we played some good stuff last night. I agree we looked a much better side than Watford. I also agree that david Marshall''s mistakes cost us big time.

HOWEVER that is about the 5th or 6th game we have now lost against rubbish teams where we have comfortably had the better of the game and i''m sorry but once or twice may be bad fortune but 5 or 6 times is something more than that. Its almost more soul destroying to watch us every week throw away games we should be winning then it was under Grant whenw e were genuinely cr*p and deserved the beatings we generally got.

As for last night Roeder could not do much about the two goals Marshall giften them but it was abundantly clear from about 70 minutes onwards that we needed to change it. Russell looked off the pace and it was not really working. Their centre backs were struggling against even the most basic movement from our front players. It was crying out for Lupoli (or even Cureton if the idiot had not sent him packing whilst we have no other fit strikers) or for Roeder to just to something yet he just stood there with his arms crossed and did nothing. Lupoli knew he wasn''t coming on and it was very evident from his body language as he warmed up. All in all very furstrating and another nail in the coffin of Roeder''s relationship with the fans. Maybe we are looking for someone to take the fall but roeder is going otu of his way to put himself in the frame. In my view he has shortened his potential lifespan at our club by at least 6 months through his own behaviour because there are many out there now who are simply not willing to give him the time another manager might have been given.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry but you cannot blame our current predicament on remarkable bad fortune and the goalkeeper alone. I agree we played some good stuff last night. I agree we looked a much better side than Watford. I also agree that david Marshall''s mistakes cost us big time.

HOWEVER that is about the 5th or 6th game we have now lost against rubbish teams where we have comfortably had the better of the game and i''m sorry but once or twice may be bad fortune but 5 or 6 times is something more than that. Its almost more soul destroying to watch us every week throw away games we should be winning then it was under Grant whenw e were genuinely cr*p and deserved the beatings we generally got.

As for last night Roeder could not do much about the two goals Marshall gifted them but it was abundantly clear from about 70 minutes onwards that we needed to change it. Russell looked off the pace and it was not really working. Their centre backs were struggling against even the most basic movement from our front players. It was crying out for Lupoli (or even Cureton if the idiot had not sent him packing whilst we have no other fit strikers) or for Roeder to just to something yet he just stood there with his arms crossed and did nothing. Lupoli knew he wasn''t coming on and it was very evident from his body language as he warmed up. All in all very furstrating and another nail in the coffin of Roeder''s relationship with the fans. Maybe we are looking for someone to take the fall but roeder is going otu of his way to put himself in the frame. In my view he has shortened his potential lifespan at our club by at least 6 months through his own behaviour because there are many out there now who are simply not willing to give him the time another manager might have been given.

[/quote]

[/quote]

As for last night Roeder could not do much about the two goals Marshall gifted them but it was abundantly clear from about 70 minutes onwards that we needed to change it. Russell looked off the pace and it was not really working. Their centre backs were struggling against even the most basic movement from our front players. It was crying out for Lupoli (or even Cureton if the idiot had not sent him packing whilst we have no other fit strikers) or for Roeder to just to something yet he just stood there with his arms crossed and did nothing. Lupoli knew he wasn''t coming on and it was very evident from his body language as he warmed up. All in all very furstrating and another nail in the coffin of Roeder''s relationship with the fans. Maybe we are looking for someone to take the fall but roeder is going otu of his way to put himself in the frame. In my view he has shortened his potential lifespan at our club by at least 6 months through his own behaviour because there are many out there now who are simply not willing to give him the time another manager might have been given.

[quote user="wycombe canary"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry CanaryFan, were we at the same match? We had a couple of good spells, but "remarkable football" and "outclassed" is a bit exaggerated in my opinion. The discontent aimed at GR is not based on one match last night (dont forget last Sunday, when we played out of our skins to beat Ipswich and we were all on a high) - no, it''s based on a team that GR has selected and the tactics he has invoked - and based on that, opinions are made. Look at the table, look at the tactical awareness he is showing (last night was a case in point) and you will see from where the opinions are formed. 

[/quote]

You seem to think Watford were there for the taking last night. They actually played well last night, they could''nt compete because they were outclassed by a much better side. True Roeder could and should have made the change. But apart from that he and the team got everything spot on last night. His keeper let him down and theres not much Roeder can do about that. You''re just a sore loser.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]Like Adams said after the game: alot of fans are looking for someone to take the fall, that my friend is remarkable misfortune and an entirely liable goal keeper.[/quote]

A manager is judged on results and league position.................and nothing else.

Sack the idiot.

The Times this morning seemed to think it was lack of good finishing and two defensive mistakes that did for us. They seem to know a thing or two about football and were of the opinion that we did outclass Watford in every way. I''d trust their opinion over the keyboard warriors here who are still narked at Roeder being a bit off at an AGM they weren''t even at.

Anyone with any sense will notice that since the back two of Stef and Kennedy got injured, we''ve leaked loads more goals. If our defence had remained the same, we would be shutting a lot more games down by now, as the front six seem to have been getting better and better. Instead, in Stef and Kennedy''s place we''ve got a nipper with no experience and a man whose middle name is ''defensive mistake''.

If we get two solid centre halves at Christmas, we''ll be absolutely fine.

Fact is we can play fantastic, pretty football and still be relegated. Good football alone will not keep us up. We can play good football all season and still go down. We can continue to hear the comments after games, ''It was so unjust,'' ''We played them off the park but those lapes cost us,'' ''We did not deserve to loose.'' But that will mean nothing if we do not have enough points at the end of the season.

Glenn Roeder a good manager, maybe not, there is still room for debate, but it does not look good for him. Teams and managers are juged on their results at the end of the day. At the moment his record is very poor to say the least. Football success is about firstly getting enough wins and points on the table to advoid relegation. Then pushing on from there. The way we are going it may well not be enough.

Yes we played well last night. Out played the opposition. Who were they? Watford! A very poor champioship side at the moment with a rookey mamager who our manager did not have the tactical nouse to out wit. If we don''t look good against Watford we never will look good, but we could not beat them and that is the only stat that will count for anything at the end of the day.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

The Times this morning seemed to think it was lack of good finishing and two defensive mistakes that did for us. They seem to know a thing or two about football and were of the opinion that we did outclass Watford in every way. I''d trust their opinion over the keyboard warriors here who are still narked at Roeder being a bit off at an AGM they weren''t even at.

Anyone with any sense will notice that since the back two of Stef and Kennedy got injured, we''ve leaked loads more goals. If our defence had remained the same, we would be shutting a lot more games down by now, as the front six seem to have been getting better and better. Instead, in Stef and Kennedy''s place we''ve got a nipper with no experience and a man whose middle name is ''defensive mistake''.

If we get two solid centre halves at Christmas, we''ll be absolutely fine.

[/quote]

Same story in the Guardian. While I accept the point about substitutions, as somone who managed in the Ridgeons for 13seasons I also appreciate that changing a side that is playing well can have an adverse effect. Unfortunately mangers don''t have crystal balls or the benefit of hindsight. Its a gamble which sometimes pays off and sometimes doesn''t,and when it does you''re a tactical genius and when it doesn''t you get slated by the armchair critics.

I started to lose a bit of faith in Roeder a while ago, but on reflection I think he''s doing a decent job given the incessant injuries, illnesses and suspensions, which have disrupted the defence in particular.As MDP points out, you have to have players playing together long term to get the best results and he''s never had that luxury.

I too was at Watford last night and the Times/Guardian have it about right. We were by far the better team, but gave them two soft goals (the space Smith was given for the second was disgraceful) and failed to take any number of perfectly good chances. Watford had no answer to either Bell or Croft, but there was nobody there to put the crosses away. Russell was awful, but guess what, just like our friend Antoine he''s not a striker. I can''t disagree that Lupoli should have been brought on to give us something different, he must be sick of sitting on the bench watching midfielders play up front badly.

Personally I think Roeder has got the team playing some good football and what we really need is another finisher - we have to hope Carl Cort is that man.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]I think beating the binners has given him another year, its stupid, he should have been sacked before sunday
[/quote]

Sounds like Brian Hamilton revisited [:(]

Trouble is, I''m getting fed up of distinctly average teams coming to Carrow Road and walking away with three points, week in, week out.

4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 just doesn''t suit us, but when your first choice striker is on loan until the 1st January, just what do you expect.

The sum of the parts of this squad may look good, compared to last year, but we''re still only one place higher and one point better off than twelve months ago [:@]