Sign in to follow this  
stephen sharman

Canaries in Midlands

I left the fine city of Norwich 6 years ago for pastures new in Birmingham..but still have yellow n green blood running though my veins.  Any other canaries in the midlands out there? 

[quote user="Nick.Mad"]Brixworth here too - will look out for another yellow shirt in the Village![/quote]not being funny - but a friendship between rupert the bear and mad nick wouldn''t look to be natural pairing on paper - but at least you both have dear ole narrrwich city in common!!! [;)] and thats a decent start...hope the meet goes well...

East Midlands (there''s a clue to the left), in Draycott near Long Eaton. It''s a good place to be for away games - 9 Championship teams within an hour or so''s drive.

[quote user="Chesterfield Canary"]I live in Birmingham now!

moved here from Chesterfield for uni!

I might update my name to Birmingham Canary![/quote]Judging by your signature I think if you are still in Birmingham by then you should really try and get yourself (and as many friends as possible) over to ''The Hare and Hounds'' in Kings Heath on Saturday 20th December.

My daughter is hoping to go to Birmingham University next year. She has been made an offer of a place and we are at the uni today looking around. If she gets her A level grades you will have a temporary Birmingham Canary for 3 years. If any of you have a spare seat in a car to Carrow road next season I''m sure she may well help towards petrol (She will be a hard up student though)

[quote user="stephen sharman"]I left the fine city of Norwich 6 years ago for pastures new in Birmingham..but still have yellow n green blood running though my veins.  Any other canaries in the midlands out there? [/quote]

The best thing I liked about Birmingham was the road out to Redditch, sorry folks I left Redditch in 1967 and went the other way, (BECCLES), after a few years in the army Fell in love with East Anglia. No place on Earth to Match

[quote user="jbghost"]

My daughter is hoping to go to Birmingham University next year. She has been made an offer of a place and we are at the uni today looking around. If she gets her A level grades you will have a temporary Birmingham Canary for 3 years. If any of you have a spare seat in a car to Carrow road next season I''m sure she may well help towards petrol (She will be a hard up student though)

[/quote]

Hi jbghost. Her best bet might be to contact the official Midland Canaries supporters group. There''s bound to be a space in someone''s car if they aren''t doing any cheap rail fares.

The guy to contact is Andy Leeder on 07967 206328 or e-mail him on aleeder@parkstonegroup.com

Good luck

[quote user="Nick.Mad"]Brixworth here too - will look out for another yellow shirt in the Village![/quote]

Wish I had known last week we had the Scum Sunday party, 4 Ipswich mates came for lunch, you could have joined in the fun.

I live in the Ashway where do you live??

[quote user="The Prisoner"][quote user="Chesterfield Canary"]I live in Birmingham now!

moved here from Chesterfield for uni!

I might update my name to Birmingham Canary![/quote]Judging by your signature I think if you are still in Birmingham by then you should really try and get yourself (and as many friends as possible) over to ''The Hare and Hounds'' in Kings Heath on Saturday 20th December.[/quote]

what''s goin on there?

I get back to Chez on the 19th!

which is really gutting ''cause I''m intrigued now!

I live in hook norton, in oxfordshire...but moved to coventry for uni...! doubt will be here for much longer, as soon as i graduate in may...im off! Anyone who has lived or spent time in cov will know where im coming from.