Sign in to follow this  
Irish canary

Canaries abroad??!

Just wondering out of curiosity, are there many fans out there who are not from Norwich but still managed to end up support them! & where from?!

Dublin, Ireland myself! [B]

Suppose most Norfolk folk would consider me foreign, never lived within 100 miles of the place

Born and bread in Brighton. No family members to the extent of my knowledge (other than me) have supported Norwich (apart from my Dad who now supports them because i do).

My family come from up their, and I''ve spent 1-2 months up in Norfolk every year of my life. Ever since i was 7/8 years old I would read the EDP almost every morning to attempt the games in it, like the crossword or word pyramid with my 2 brothers and Dad. Then after we''d finished i would read the sports pages, and see how Norwich were doing. Got more and more interested, started listening to the games, and by the age of 11 i was an adamant City supporter. Now their all i know in love in football.Kinda funny i turned out supporting them, considering both my brothers are Chelsea fans.

[quote user="John"]My family come from up their, and I''ve spent 1-2 months up in Norfolk every year of my life. Ever since i was 7/8 years old I would read the EDP almost every morning to attempt the games in it, like the crossword or word pyramid with my 2 brothers and Dad. Then after we''d finished i would read the sports pages, and see how Norwich were doing. Got more and more interested, started listening to the games, and by the age of 11 i was an adamant City supporter. Now their all i know in love in football.Kinda funny i turned out supporting them, considering both my brothers are Chelsea fans.[/quote]Lucky escape for you then!

Norfolk born & bred. Now split my time between Indonesia and Johannesburg. Check every match online, although had the treat of watching the match vs Ipswich live here in South Africa.

Not exactly abroad, but i know a fair few down here in Dorset, although i''m the only one actually from Norwich that i know of, most started supporting us when Mike Walker was here first time around. There''s a pub in Bournemouth where the landlords a City fan and he showed the derby last Sunday, so there was a few of us on the ale there and our playing/players got some good comments from the DorsetManUtds/Arsenals etc. I can also remember well when i used to see some of  the local kids with their canaries shirts on back in the early 90''s, probably supporting Chelsea now though....

I am from the Gold Coast, Australia. My Parents were born in Norfolk and moved to Australia - where I was born. My Dad was an NCFC fan and it just rubbed off. So every Christmas family would send us the previous seasons highlights (or as in some seasons lows) shirts, caps etc. We even went on holiday from Australia to Germany to link up with the Bayern Munich game (what a holiday that was)

I actually live in Norwich now (last two years) as I moved back for work purposes (not the weather!!), and have had a season ticket for the last two seasons. I have been reading this message board for a few years now, so thanks for the post it has finally made me sign up.

Up the Yellows!

Born and spent the first 25 years in Norwich, parents kept the Long  Arms pub in Spixworth, I now live in Polemi a village 600 metres above sea level close to the Troodos mountains in Cyprus.