Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

If we loose to Palace!

With big games against Man U, Newcastle and Arsenal after the Palace game, this is one we must not loose, so lets all get behind the team Saturday and sing our hearts out. I know I will in the Snakepit it would be nice to hear the River End start their own songs up and make some noise! perhaps a few prompts from the Barclay?

I just hope the club appreciates the fans and instruct the stewards to be slack on the no standing policy as this is just like tying the 12th man''s laces up and asking him to perform well!

Yep, it already feels like a 6-pointer, partly because of what follows. Generally, to stay up, home games against fellow strugglers (which I presume Palace are) are must wins aren''t they?!

But we''re at home, we beat them here last season. But both teams have strengthened and they have a different manager to the one we beat at CR last year so....

come on everyone why the nerves, the season hasn''t even started yet. If we don''t beat palace we don''t deserve to stay up, of course we will beat them, we are at our best at home, at the start of the season and with the belief we have we cannot lose

I have every confidence in the lads, that they will do the business on Saturday. Palace will not be able to cope with our pace on the flanks. I confidently predict a 3-1 win.

The palace game really us going to be massive. I certainly feel that we need to win it. It will give the players and fans confidence. Leaving the game with nothing could see us in a desperate situation at the end of august. It could be said that its only the first game, however it could be a real indication of what is to come in the next 8months?!

"It could be said that it''s our first game"??

Well say it then! Come on. If we''re bottom come christmas I might worry, but after the first game? No.

Robbo have you been taking doom tablets..there is no such thing as a desperate situation at the end of august!!

And remember, Robbo, that many of us will have pledged to stay eternally positive come what may, for the sake of the team as a whole, if not for our sanity as well! If we don''t take three points on Saturday it will not be the end of the world. As someone else said above, it might just galvanise our efforts even more - and I''m certain we won''t lose through lack of effort. Everyone will be well up for it, and we will have a huge part to play again - we, the fans, that is!

I wouldn''t call myself a "doom and gloomer" however a was just basing my view on past seasons where teams who found themselves adrift at the bottom generally find it hard to get out of the clutches of the bottom 3. in past seasons Ipswich, WestHam and to a lesser extent last year Wolves, have all gone through a mini-revival (think ipswich won 8 from 9 when they went down) and still ended up going down

Woah woah woah......... wait a minute guys, talk about pressure! We won''t have a clue about whether we''re likely to stay up or not until at least 12 games in, and more probably christmas time. Last year, Pompey made a flying start, then stuttered and looked doomed, but got it together again and finished the season on fire.

I happen to have a sneaking feeling that we will lose to Palace. However, in the good tradition of the yellow and green, we will bounce back and take a point at Old Trafford and our season will catch alight. We all know Norwich too well (or at least I do), and we traditionally make a mess of easy looking fixtures, then pull a shock out of the bag. Maybe Worthy''s blend of discipline and hard work has ended that - lets hope so! But the home games last season vs Watford and Bradford still happened.

My message is, whatever happens against Palace we are going to stay up! I feel we''re back to stay, and we don''t need to panic about beating Palace - we''ll beat other better teams along the way, don''t you worry!

Come on you Yellers!

I dont think any of us can base a season on the first games result. Weve then got all the big teams, who knows what will happen against them. The next run of fixtures until the end of November are more interesting and I think will have more baring on our position. Pompey H, West Brom A, Everton H, Man City A, Blackburn H,Charlton A, Southampton H.

Charlton is the only game that bothers me out of these. IMHO we are better than the rest and this is where are good run will come. However until these games are played all I can say is that we will stay up!!! because I have belief in all at FCR who run the club well sign good players and work together.

Got my Man U tickets today but cant wait for Saturday at FCR.

heart says 3-0 Norwich but head says a hard dog fight and 1-1

Sorry but the first game is not a good time to be at home against weak opposition. It is the time to be away at the big boys and shock em before they are warm.

Still here''s hoping!

If we do lose can you imagine how quickly we will be automatically disounted for the whole year? My guess is that the loser of this one becomes the Match of the Day ''joke'' team

Lets have no more threads like this because we wont lose to Palace,stay positive and keep the faith.