Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

ROEDER CLAIMS.....

In todays local press Roeder is attributed as claiming that his new backroom team is ''the best yet''.That, to me does not say a lot at all about Lee Clarke, and smacks of ''passing the buck''.Furthermore, he then, in another article, states ''relegation is NOT an issue.''In the next column Lee Croft states that ''he can''t believe City lost at Watford.'' (How many times have we heard such drivel from City players this season).And Roder stated that in respect of the same game, we were ''robbed''Well, Mr Roeder, I (a season ticket holder) was at that match, with four friends who have not seen City collectively at all this season, or last, and we all paid £25 for the privilege. What a complete waste of money that was....Watford are a dire side, more attuned if you ask me to a Sunday league pub side (not meant as a slight against all you Sunday league players), but just awful. The shame of it was, we were not that much better at all, in fact, I do not see how we were ''robbed'' as Roeder suggests. Yes we had perhaps 70% of the play, possession of the ball and domination in abundance, but if the end result of this fact does not result in goals in the ''for'' column, you will lose.....and we did, and it did not surprise me, nor my friends, who could not believe just how bad City in particular, and Watford, were.We did not create hundreds of chances from the possession and dominance that we had, in fact most of the time the ball was being played across the midfield, or backwards to the defenders, and a goalkeeper, (who is becoming distinctly more nervous as away games pass by)When the ball was played to either Croft or Bell, the quality of the delivery into the box was poor, apart maybe from a couple of occasions, from which we scored. Bell I believe delivered that ball, but in all honesty, I thought he had a very very poor game, in fact I do not think he has had a really good match for City yet. His absence in getting wide and to the byeline was frustrting for Lita, whose foray''s forward were always to the left to help Bell........obvious to me why we did not score.......Leroy just didn''t get into the box enough, or receive any quality balls....Roeder was a very lonely and forlorn figure standing on the touchline, and other than clap his hands, little came from his mouth......in fact he did ''F'' all else.....he made no changes of personnel when it was more than obvious as the game wore on that we were never, if we''d played for the next twenty four hours, going to score. At the death, the Doc forayed forward, and we nearly got caught, and lost posession for the last 3/4 minutes of the match.it seems very apparent to me that Roeder is tactically inept, and his coaching capbilities are non existent, and as for his man management skills, and believe me I know this as it came ''from the horse''s mouth'' are an absolute disgrace, and in many a workplace, with his attitude, many grievance procedures and hearings ould be made.The comments of Roeder at last night''s forum do not indicate to me that he is trying to rebuild bridges......they are of a manager trying to save his job.....a manager who is tactically devoid of the coaching skills and tactical prowess required to get a bunch of footballers to play for one another as a chohesive unit, with style and passion that can bring results. And the man is a liar, and liars can never be trusted.....only 12 days ago he reported in the media to the supporters of NCFC that Lee Clarke was not going to Huddersfield, and that he was ''annoyed and irritated'' by such media reports......Or was Clark jumping ship without telling him........and if that was the case, well, I for one would love to know......and I would also like to know just what our inept board of directors knew, or did not know, about the same situation. Answers will be gratefully received Delia!As long as Glen Roeder remains at this club, there is every chance that relegation will be an issue, in fact, if we continue in the same way, (8 defeats from the last 11 games), we will be relegated.........unless of course he has now got his dream-team.......but as I said, never trust a liar....

" Lee Clarke is not going to Huddrsfield and it irritates me where these rumours circulate from".... it irritates me whn you talk B****cks Roeder, but i guess we are both gonna hav to live with it.

jas :)

Agree with most of your piece!

We were outstanding for most of the game the other night at Watford apart from conceding 2 goals and not finishing of our complete dominance with goals of a very very poor Watford team who had no structured pattern of play other than to defend and kick the ball anywhere up the pitch!

I find it worrying that we can''t win a game against one of the poorest teams in this Division under such circumstances!

Roeders record speaks for itself.

I think we can and will more than likely stay up cause the teams below us keep losing and aren''t a lot of cop but I don''t see where we are going to move forward as a club and challenge for a place in the Premiership which is Taylor made for a club of our size while Roedernowhere is at the helm! 

Last week he strongly denied that Clark was going to Huddersfield and had not heard anything about it. Yet we read in the EDP yesterday (Thursday 11th) that his replacement Mr Sadler took charge of the Academy side on Saturday!

Sadler was based up Newcastle way so your not telling me that to have him in charge of a Norwich youth side last Saturday didn''t take more than a day or two to arrange. In truth Sadlers presence last |Saturday indicates that early last week Roeder knew that Clark wasa probably on his way!

Roedernowhere was quite dignified at last nights forum at Banham, a very big contrast from his rude and arrogant display at the AGM!

Hes taking a big risk on a 31YO, Cort whos hardly played in 4 years, yet Huckerby was released and even when he offered to play for free was still given the cold shoulder. Oh yes and Roedernowhere promised that Hucks could train at Colney during the US close season but when Hucks tryed to sort it out he was toold no and is now training with Lowestoft!

These incidents just emphasises parts of  Roernowheres less than ethcial personna which at the end of the day is not condusive to being a good manager!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

" Lee Clarke is not going to Huddrsfield and it irritates me where these rumours circulate from".... it irritates me whn you talk B****cks Roeder, but i guess we are both gonna hav to live with it.

jas :)

[/quote]

We have been living with spin for years........nothing new.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Last week he strongly denied that Clark was going to Huddersfield and had not heard anything about it. Yet we read in the EDP yesterday (Thursday 11th) that his replacement Mr Sadler took charge of the Academy side on Saturday!

Sadler was based up Newcastle way so your not telling me that to have him in charge of a Norwich youth side last Saturday didn''t take more than a day or two to arrange. In truth Sadlers presence last |Saturday indicates that early last week Roeder knew that Clark wasa probably on his way!

[/quote]

I think you will find that Sadler lost his job at Newcastle a while back and has been helping out behind the scenes at Norwich for quite a while.

[quote user="porkyp"]

Watford are a dire side, more attuned if you ask me to a Sunday league pub side (not meant as a slight against all you Sunday league players), but just awful.

[/quote]

I agree entirely, Watford really are a Sunday league pub team. [8-)]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Hes taking a big risk on a 31YO, Cort[/quote]

How''s that then? I fail to see what a ''big risk'' a free player is. If it doesn''t work out, so what??????

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

How''s that then? I fail to see what a ''big risk'' a free player is. If it doesn''t work out, so what??????

[/quote]

From the clubs point of view if it don''t work out it will be wasted money and add to our struggles so far this term could lead to possible relegation!

From Roedernowheres point of view it will infuriate fans like myself who know that in the real world it was a crap deciaion to release Hucks. We all know Roeder does favourites and ultimately it could be another sorry episode in Roeders managerial career that all added up makes the fact that hes a crap manager and no good for our club!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

From the clubs point of view if it don''t work out it will be wasted money and add to our struggles so far this term could lead to possible relegation!

From Roedernowheres point of view it will infuriate fans like myself who know that in the real world it was a crap deciaion to release Hucks. We all know Roeder does favourites and ultimately it could be another sorry episode in Roeders managerial career that all added up makes the fact that hes a crap manager and no good for our club!

[/quote]Still disagree that releasing Hucks was a bad move. It was the righht time for him to move, the money freed up from his wages has allowed us to bring in more players like Hoolahan and probably Bell, not sure about exact amounts

[quote user="porkyp"]In todays local press Roeder is attributed as claiming that his new backroom team is ''the best yet''.That, to me does not say a lot at all about Lee Clarke, and smacks of ''passing the buck''.[/quote]Oh come on.  What''s he supposed to say? "Clearly losing Lee is a big blow and the new bloke we''ve got in isn''t as good, we''re all worried about it and I expect our performances to be negatively affected"?

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Still disagree that releasing Hucks was a bad move. It was the righht time for him to move, the money freed up from his wages has allowed us to bring in more players like Hoolahan and probably Bell, not sure about exact amounts
[/quote]

Take of your rose tinted glasses sir please!

Roedernowhere resigned Eagle whos never going to make it with us (and probably any League club I''d suggest!), signed an unknown quantity in Koroma who in his few games for us has shown he can run but thats about all, signed the mysterious Henville from Spurs on loan, didn''t play him and we''re still paying his wages even though his returned to his parent club, got Sibierski on loan who doesn''t look suited for this level and looks over the hill and is now taking a chance on Cort whos more likely to be a failiure than a success!

Aside from Cort whom the jury is out for at the moment, resigning Huckerby would of been more productive than Eagle, Koroma, Henville and Sibierski put together!

In any case it wasn''t about money cause Hucks would of taken a big reduction and I''m sure his wealthy mate from Diss Carl Moore would of contributed to his wages anyway.

Resigning Hucks was a no brainer really - One of the best left sided attacking players we''ve ever had, who was still head and shoulders above any other attacking player despite a poor season blighted by injuries and to boot a guy who had the club in his heart!

Bell is good with the ball at his feet but doesn''t run of the ball enough or at defenders for my liking!

Croft and Pattison have been outstanding in recent games but their respective histories at the club suggest that this will proably not last!

This club will only at best just avoid relegation to League 1 while the idiot we''ve got in charge (Roedernowhere) remains in place!