Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

I LIKE GAMES LIKE READING AWAY

We are depleted up front and are also facing a free scoring team on a roll at their place.

We are expected to get a kicking and this will concentrate our players minds from the very start.

Watford away was a game our players failed to steel themselves for and there is a genuine pattern in the way Norwich City approach different types of game.

There is every chance we will get thrashed today but, being Norwich, there is also a chance we will really rise to the occasion and that is why I like matches like this because a bit of adversity is a great motivator.

Marshall will be determined to have a good game, Clinkers and Patty along with Rusty are genuine fighters. Crofty is on form and Bell is solid. Lupoli has something to prove, Cort is an unknown quantity and might just come on to snatch it from a set piece. Expect our boys to be up for it and respect to the travelling support.

Stop Reading scoring, compete like hell in midfield and take the chance when it offers itself. Come on City!

That is very true, it depends which Norwich will turns up, I love the unpredicability of being a Norwich fan!

You start the day with great hope and 9 times out of 10 end it in deep despair.

I totally agree with you. We always seem to be more determined against a higher league opponent. I think it is because no one is expecting us to win today, so they have no pressure on their shoulders. This allows us to play our own game and it usually works wel lfor us.

To be honest, Marty, the Watford game, like a few others didn''t give me any pre match cause for optimism, I thought it would be a typical ''after the Lord Mayor''s Show'' performance and it was. Why the players can''t see this and guard against complacency is beyond me. Mindset is vital.

BTW. Nice to see you posting regularly again.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

To be honest, Marty, the Watford game, like a few others didn''t give me any pre match cause for optimism, I thought it would be a typical ''after the Lord Mayor''s Show'' performance and it was. Why the players can''t see this and guard against complacency is beyond me. Mindset is vital.

BTW. Nice to see you posting regularly again.

[/quote]

I always worried about the mindset of our players, I think we have a capable team with a decent amount of ablility but maybe lacking in self belief a touch. Is there a team shrink?

I''m only posting this morning because the weather is crap outside and I have nothing planned, Xmas shopping is all done so why not stay in and drink tea all day and wait for the 3-5pm disappointment show.