Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Reading V Norwich - official match thread

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Does Roeder deserve any credit for the team selection that''s playing so well or are we all waiting to see if we concede to complain some more?

[/quote]

I am sure he will get the credit he deserves if we win or draw.  Another loss, well need I say more lol

[/quote]

I was asking about his team selection that is obviously playing well. The first pages of this thread weren''t waiting for the result to pass comment were they?

[/quote]

So do you think the team selection is spot on?  Would you have played Rusty up front or an out and out striker?

This is a forum, fans are free to discuss football, be that good or bad.  We are allowed to pass comment because we can [;)]

0-0 and playing well.

A touch of deja vu methinks.

Just waiting for Reading to score against the run of play and listen to GR saying we woz robbed.

If it happens again I''m jumping in the river.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

We aren''t allowed to moan about anything, and god forbid you say how you feel and it should be slightly negative [:#]

Well at least it''s 0-0 at half time.

[/quote]

Cut''s both WAY''s

We aren''t allowed to moan about anything, and god forbid you say how you feel and it should be slightly negative [:#]

[/quote]You are allowed, it''s just f*cking boring, especially when we''re holding our own away at Reading, probably the best team in the division.

[/quote]

Sorry... I didn''t mean it that you''re not entitled to an opinion. I was asking if those opinions made before a ball was kicked had changed. I always have opinions and expect others to have them too. I have criticised about playing Russell up front before. I just think Roeder picks a team for the days game and/or conditions and he''s done that today. Why be so defensive with me?

[/quote]Seems to me that''s all you do 24/7, so please don''t whinge about not being allowed to whinge.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Cut''s both WAY''s

[/quote]

Beg your pardon?  I don''t constantly have a pop at anyone who says anything positive, in fact I admire and respect that persons feelings, just a shame others can''t afford me the same.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Does Roeder deserve any credit for the team selection that''s playing so well or are we all waiting to see if we concede to complain some more?

[/quote]

Plenty of posters have already complained about the team selection - don''t you read the forum?[/quote]

So given how things panned out in the first half does he get any credit for that selection?

[/quote]

No, because as I''ve previously mentioned we''ve had two clear cut chances which a striker might well have put away. Roeder has failed to field a striker and you can bet your last quid that he won''t bring Lupoli or Cort on while we''re drawing - he might bring on one of the aforementioned when we go 1-0 down, but then of course it''ll be too late, probably to even salvage a point.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]
Seems to me that''s all you do 24/7, so please don''t whinge about not being allowed to whinge.
[/quote]

lol how ironic, someone moaning about me

drawing against the best team in the championship is really good and its even better because we are away.

We will have to see if we can hold on to it but i would rather see us go for all the points.

I do think that a striker could have put some of those chances away but i guess we will have to wait until one comes on. My bet is that if any of the strikers come on it will be cort but i don''t think it will be for long.

Come on you yellows !!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Fonejacker"]Bertrand becoming a liability at times.....[/quote]

Agreed, I''m not sure why he''s still playing ahead of Drury.

[/quote]

He wants to keep Bertrand here, that''s why he''ll keep playing him, to keep him happy.

Even though loads and loads of goals have come down our left side this season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I hate watching it on the wireless! All my friends at the game are enjoying it! Are any of you?

[/quote]

Nope sadly not well enough to travel and waiting to go into hospital for an operation, how comes you aren''t there? [:)]

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="shyster"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Plenty of posters have already complained about the team selection - don''t you read the forum?
[/quote]

So given how things panned out in the first half does he get any credit for that selection?

[/quote]

No, because as I''ve previously mentioned we''ve had two clear cut chances which a striker might well have put away. Roeder has failed to field a striker and you can bet your last quid that he won''t bring Lupoli or Cort on while we''re drawing - he might bring on one of the aforementioned when we go 1-0 down, but then of course it''ll be too late, probably to even salvage a point.
[/quote]

Well we might not of had those chances with a different team. We will never know. Like I said, those at the game are enjoying it. I wouldn''t want to be you lot every week for the world.

For me, no he hasn''t got it right. Maybe if we had a goal scorer on the pitch we could have capitalised on the chances and possession we had in that 1st half. Here''s hoping we can create a few more this half and convert some.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I hate watching it on the wireless! All my friends at the game are enjoying it! Are any of you?

[/quote]

Nope sadly not well enough to travel and waiting to go into hospital for an operation, how comes you aren''t there? [:)]

[/quote]

Gotta work tonight. I''ve missed loads of Saturday away games this season. Going Boxing Day though [Y]

I will take 0-0 at half time against a free scoring Reading side, given our main strikers are missing, and I will take 0-0 at full time too.  I don''t see what the fuss is about.

The Radio men are sattisfied, why ?

We have missed changes again like at Watford !

Lupoli scored at Cardiff, Plymouth, lately v Swansea, we need GOALSSSSSSS, not pretty play (again) with missed chances, WAKE UP everybody before it''s too late !!!!!!!!!

When we are even or even better than Reading we must finish them off.

Don''t want the hear Glen Roeder say again we were robbed, it''s a joke, if you don''t score you don''t win, it''s so simple .....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gotta work tonight. I''ve missed loads of Saturday away games this season. Going Boxing Day though [Y]

[/quote]

It''s a real bummer ain''t it, however on the up side is the money you earn to let you go watch NC, so guess it''s swings and roundabouts lol.

Should be a good match at NF, hope the weather is kinder than it has been for the away supporters this winter so far. [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I will take 0-0 at half time against a free scoring Reading side, given our main strikers are missing, and I will take 0-0 at full time too.  I don''t see what the fuss is about.

[/quote]

Agreed!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]For me, no he hasn''t got it right. Maybe if we had a goal scorer on the pitch we could have capitalised on the chances and possession we had in that 1st half. Here''s hoping we can create a few more this half and convert some.[/quote]A goal scorer - like Matty Pattison, you mean?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]For me, no he hasn''t got it right. Maybe if we had a goal scorer on the pitch we could have capitalised on the chances and possession we had in that 1st half. Here''s hoping we can create a few more this half and convert some.[/quote]

I''m sure today''s EDP quoted Roeder as saying Cort will get no more than 30 mins today?

I just thought we are at home Boxing day duh!!, god these pain killers are making my brain haddled.  Shouldn''t really forget that date it''s mum and dads anniversary [:|]

sounded good 1st half but reading seem to be upping a gear in this half... 1st goal will be important in the game i think.

jas :)

[quote user="earnsless"]If Loopholie never even gets on and Roeder doesn''t rate him anyway, why on earth not stick one of the youngsters in? It''s a waste.[/quote]

good point...he can''t do any worse