Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Roeder to be financially backed in Jan.

“If he can get four more Sammy Clingans I vote him manager of the year.”

This to me sounds like Roeder will have a fair whack to spend in January (fair whack by Norwich City standards that is: £400/500k probaly). Where this money has come from is anybodys guess but I suspect one or two players may be departing to make this happen. With Lita, Sibierski, Bertrand and Koroma departing I suppose we have less wages to pay and this would free up extra funds. Sounds posative though this. I would be delighted if we could bring in four more players who we can call our own. Four more Sammy Clingans indeed.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

This to me sounds like Roeder will have a fair whack to spend in January (fair whack by Norwich City standards that is: £400/500k probaly).

[/quote]Not sure about that.  Clingan came on a free, and wouldn''t the team be a bit odd?

MarshallSemi   Clingan  Doc   DruryCroft  Clingan   Clingan   Bell        Lita            Clingan

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

This to me sounds like Roeder will have a fair whack to spend in January (fair whack by Norwich City standards that is: £400/500k probaly).

[/quote]

Not sure about that.  Clingan came on a free, and wouldn''t the team be a bit odd?

Marshall

Semi   Clingan  Doc   Drury

Croft  Clingan   Clingan   Bell

Lita            Clingan

[/quote]

Is the 5th Clingan on the bench?

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]Not sure about that.  Clingan came on a free, and wouldn''t the team be a bit odd?

MarshallSemi   Clingan  Doc   DruryCroft  Clingan   Clingan   Bell        Lita            Clingan

[/quote]

Is the 5th Clingan on the bench?

[/quote]Nah, he''s "injured" but actually Roeder fell out with him after an incident involving deep heat and a jockstrap.

I read it as Roeder will have money to spend, as long as the players don''t cost anything, which surely is the definition of not having any money.......

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]I read it as Roeder will have money to spend, as long as the players don''t cost anything, which surely is the definition of not having any money.......
[/quote]

Bell and Hoolahan both involved a fee I believe, that (and Clingan type deals) are what Roeder will be hoping to make.

To me, the title of this thread means Roeder will have been hired to (mis)manage some other team.

We get promises of transfer funds every trading period, and it always seems to end in disappointment and loans.

[quote user="meatballncfc"]

didnt they also say that our assistant wouldnt be off to huddersfield :/

keiran

ps HC - your sig makes no sense..

[/quote]To be fair, nor does yours.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

To me, the title of this thread means Roeder will have been hired to (mis)manage some other team.

We get promises of transfer funds every trading period, and it always seems to end in disappointment and loans.

[/quote]

Sorry Houston, that first sentance makes no sense. Totally agree with the second though. There has to be catch. To financially back the manager you need money. We dont have any.

I believe the only money we will have to spend in January is money we make from selling players ourselves, or sell-on fees from players such as Ashton, Green or Lewis.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]I read it as Roeder will have money to spend, as long as the players don''t cost anything, which surely is the definition of not having any money.......
[/quote]

This is the catch! Roeder will be financially backed with extra wages, not transfer funds. Though that isnt the case as the four loanees leaving in January no longer need paying. If the players arrive on frees the wage bill will actually be reduced because they wont demand the wages of the likes on Lita and Sibierski!

I certainly do HOPE that we have money to spend in january, as our team at the moment obviously isn''t working to it''s full potential... :)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="meatballncfc"]

didnt they also say that our assistant wouldnt be off to huddersfield :/

keiran

ps HC - your sig makes no sense..

[/quote]

To be fair, nor does yours.
[/quote]

true :(

Think they are talking pennies thats why the 4 more Clingans reference because he was free , whatever money we do have you can bet Roeder will waste on another bunch of loanees from the Premiership .