Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Arturo Lupoli.

We have brought this player in on loan from a good Italian side Fiorentina, and we expected big things of him.  He had a poor first three games, and then all of a sudden in our fourth game, away at Cardiff, he bags himself 2 goals.  The next game agaisnt Plymouth, he scores again.  He then goes a few games without scoring and he is dropped.  He comes on a couple of times as a sub when we are playing really poorly and it is hard for him to make an impact.  He is then dropped from the squad completely.  A couple of games ago he gets back into the starting 11 agaisnt either Preston or Swansea (can''t quite remember which one) and he scores, he then gets dropped to the bench again.

4 goals in 14 games is quite good for a player in which most of the games he played he has come on as a sub when we have been playing really poor.  I think it is obvious he will score goals and if he does come back in the squad I don''t think a confidence thing will effect him because his first game starting for ages he scored.  I think he needs to play and even if we play 4-5-1 with Lita upfront on his own, he at least needs to come on for a long period to give him a go.  If he dosn''t start playing now he will not be match fit when Lita goes in January.  And if he is not match fit when (if) he comes into the squad it will take a while for him to start scoring.

He needs to play and he has been unfairly treated in my opinion and most others opinion too.

I am not really sure what to make of it. Did you see him at half time against the Scum. He didn''t knock about with any of the other Subs at halftime. In fact he went off and signed Autographs but didn''t kick a ball at all.

I think he has fallen out with the rest of the squad as well as the Manager. As a Manager there is no way you would play him in the second half if he demonstrated this total lack of interest.

If he was that good he would still be at Arsenal, Derby or Florentina. I was really excited when he signed now I am not so sure. 

Well if he has fallen out with the squad, then there is only one thing to do. Get him in the starting line up and let him do his job and score some goals nd then the rest of the squad will become to respect him as an player and a person. This will give the fans a lift, Lupoli a lift, the rest of the squad a lift andmaybe the team a lift from the botton of the league.

come on you yellows !!!

Things is Mr Brainbox Roeder has said Lupoli needs to prove himself, yet never get the chance to. 5 seconds against the scum, rather play 2 midfielders up front than Lupoli against reading, he clearly has a problem with him just as he did with Hoolahan and is too arrogant to make peace.

I think he has been treated unfairly, particularly when Sibs has been chosen ahead of him, despite Arturo having a better goal scoring record for us. I am not sure how Arturo is meant to get match fit if he spends most of the time on the bench or being brought on with 5 minutes or less to go.

[quote user="lynn canary"]

Well if he has fallen out with the squad, then there is only one thing to do. Get him in the starting line up and let him do his job and score some goals nd then the rest of the squad will become to respect him as an player and a person. This will give the fans a lift, Lupoli a lift, the rest of the squad a lift andmaybe the team a lift from the botton of the league.

come on you yellows !!!

[/quote]

no chance! Remember Nottingham forest when they fell out with Stan Cauliflower?

if Lupoli doesn''t give a hoot then the only thing to do is stick him on the plane back to Italy.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lynn canary"]

come on you yellows !!!

[/quote]

no chance! Remember Nottingham forest when they fell out with Stan Cauliflower?

if Lupoli doesn''t give a hoot then the only thing to do is stick him on the plane back to Italy.

jas :)

[/quote]

I''m not so sure he has fallen out with anyone, he''s probably abit p**sed at being out of the team, which in fairness he should be as a professional footballer. It must be a bit demoralising to see your manager rather play a team without any recognised strikers than give you a chance.