Sign in to follow this  
San Miguel

Am I the only one...

... who thinks that good performances, and most of the possession, and dominating the game are NOT relevant when you lose - particularly when you''re right in the middle of a relegation battle

i don''t care if we go back to route 1 football, or play as boring/unattractive as possible - all we need is points!! complementing the team for a good performance when we''ve lost again is not constructive in my opinion.

the only stat that matters is the score

so come on Norwich ffs... grumble grumble grumble

[quote user="San Miguel"]

... who thinks that good performances, and most of the possession, and dominating the game are NOT relevant when you lose - particularly when you''re right in the middle of a relegation battle

i don''t care if we go back to route 1 football, or play as boring/unattractive as possible - all we need is points!! complementing the team for a good performance when we''ve lost again is not constructive in my opinion.

[/quote]

no of cause not but if you can take both the positives and negatives from a match you learn what to do right and what to eridacate

Disagree with you SM.

Would hate to see Stoke-style football being played at Carrow Road. Traditionally we are a proper footballing side, and thats how it should stay. For more aesthetically pleasing than hoof ball, and dare I say more effective if plyed properly. Problem is that too often this season we have resorted to our hoof ball game - stick to the good performances and the results will follow.

[/quote]

No, I don''t think you''re the only one. But I do think we are more likely to win if we play well, have most of the possession, force 13 corners than if we play poorly and don''t get the ball in the oppositions box. Am I the only one who thinks this way? Where I agree is that the disappointment of defeat is the same whichever way it comes about.

Attractive football implies the team is playing well, cutting through the opposition with passing, and creating chances. Much rather this than lumping the ball into the box from the halfway line - teams will soon figure you out, even if it brings a brief upturn in results.

Just a couple of observations.

It can actually be quite fascinating watching some of the Prems darlings trying to cope with Stoke and Bolton for example.

Apart from the tactics and physicality both clubs actually haved some very good - but under-rated - players who have particular strengths which are cleverly optimised by astute managers.

There''s a fine balance between good, effective football and the serial passing game that passes for entertainment in South America, for example.

OTBC

I think I know what you mean by "route 1" football, but WHY is it called "route 1" football?  Does the name indicate it is the first easiest way to move the ball upfield, or is there an actual "route 1" that I am unaware of and is somehow connected to this style of play?

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

Disagree with you SM.

Would hate to see Stoke-style football being played at Carrow Road. Traditionally we are a proper footballing side, and thats how it should stay. For more aesthetically pleasing than hoof ball, and dare I say more effective if plyed properly. Problem is that too often this season we have resorted to our hoof ball game - stick to the good performances and the results will follow.

[/quote]

would you rather get relegated passing the ball or win the league playing hoofball???? success is sweet is it not? if we had to get it by being like Stoke then so be it... the same stoke who have beaten Arsenal thi season... the gunners defence are used to quick passing play and short throw ins.. for a supposed "big 4" side they looked pretty clueless when faced with a bunh of hoofing lugs who keep things physical.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

would you rather get relegated passing the ball or win the league playing hoofball???? [/quote]

Relegated. Though odds are if you play good football it wont happen. Who the **** want to pay £20 to watch park football?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

Disagree with you SM.

[/quote]

would you rather get relegated passing the ball or win the league playing hoofball???? success is sweet is it not? if we had to get it by being like Stoke then so be it... the same stoke who have beaten Arsenal thi season... the gunners defence are used to quick passing play and short throw ins.. for a supposed "big 4" side they looked pretty clueless when faced with a bunh of hoofing lugs who keep things physical.

jas :)

[/quote] I would rather we got relegated playing football, than got promoted playing like stoke.

[/quote]To test your theory.... would you be happy seeing games like this?Norwich City (0) 1       Barnsley (0) 0Shots (on target) - Norwich 1 (1), Barnsley 30 (15)Possession - Norwich 40%, Barnsley 60%

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

would you rather get relegated passing the ball or win the league playing hoofball???? [/quote] Relegated. Though odds are if you play good football it wont happen. Who the **** want to pay £20 to watch park football?[/quote]

Does this apply all the way down to non-league level then?  Forest and Doncaster both play pretty football and are both in a relegation scrap with us.  If we go down we`ll be so skint that parks football is exactly what you`ll get- and passionless nuetral spectators like yourself deserve it.

Football is a results business end of the day and most of the time this season we aren''t getting good results!

On Tuesday night other than the goals we were by far the better team, playing good football while Watford were very limited. But at the end of the day they one more goal than us so deserved to win end of story.

I find it worrying that we dominate a cr*p team like Watford yet still lose - thats relegation form!

It annoys me when fans go on about "I wouldn''t want us to play like Stoke" bullsh*t!

I would like to us play like Stoke cause they have been successful while we haven''t. Stoke are only direct in the final 3rd, which is where you should be direct in my opinion and its one of Norwichs biggest failings in recent years. You don''t win games by dominating pocession but being powderpuff in the final 3rd and not putting the ball in the net which was us at Watford the other night!

Stoke probably play more football than us at the back and in midfield if the truth be said.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="San Miguel"]

[/quote]

To test your theory.... would you be happy seeing games like this?

Norwich City (0) 1       Barnsley (0) 0
Shots (on target) - Norwich 1 (1), Barnsley 30 (15)
Possession - Norwich 40%, Barnsley 60%

[/quote]

The sad thing is, he probably would. And so would many other so called fans on here.

Consistant performances will eventually produce consistant points. So long as we continue to perform the way we have, we have nothing to worry about.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Football is a results business end of the day and most of the time this season we aren''t getting good results!

On Tuesday night other than the goals we were by far the better team, playing good football while Watford were very limited. But at the end of the day they one more goal than us so deserved to win end of story.

I find it worrying that we dominate a cr*p team like Watford yet still lose - thats relegation form!

It annoys me when fans go on about "I wouldn''t want us to play like Stoke" bullsh*t!

I would like to us play like Stoke cause they have been successful while we haven''t. Stoke are only direct in the final 3rd, which is where you should be direct in my opinion and its one of Norwichs biggest failings in recent years. You don''t win games by dominating pocession but being powderpuff in the final 3rd and not putting the ball in the net which was us at Watford the other night!

Stoke probably play more football than us at the back and in midfield if the truth be said.

[/quote]Why don''t you go and support stoke then. Norwich are a footballing team and so they should be. People like you who just want results are glory hunters who don''t care about the club. You just want to be able to say, i saw the good teams play not that Norwich play like a good team and hopefully become a good team.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]

Why don''t you go and support stoke then. Norwich are a footballing team and so they should be. People like you who just want results are glory hunters who don''t care about the club. You just want to be able to say, i saw the good teams play not that Norwich play like a good team and hopefully become a good team.
[/quote]

Because, as I pointed out on the other thread, their grass is always greener on the other clubs pitch.

All depends where we are at the time. If it''s a relegation battle or just outside the play-offs I''d forgive boring football if we get points on the board. But overall I put playing style way ahead of results. I''d rather see us finish15th with good football than say 8th with football that drags our reputation down.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="San Miguel"]

[/quote]To test your theory.... would you be happy seeing games like this?Norwich City (0) 1       Barnsley (0) 0Shots (on target) - Norwich 1 (1), Barnsley 30 (15)Possession - Norwich 40%, Barnsley 60%

[/quote]

The sad thing is, he probably would. And so would many other so called fans on here.

Consistant performances will eventually produce consistant points. So long as we continue to perform the way we have, we have nothing to worry about.

[/quote]Not sure that we are playing consistently, but if I saw games like the one I just created above then I wouldn''t renew my season ticket.  Winning is important, of course it is - critical, even - but the way that you play must be taken into account if any pleasure is to be taken from the spectacle.  Otherwise, you may as well follow the club on an internet messageboard.Ah... [I]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]
Why don''t you go and support stoke then. Norwich are a footballing team and so they should be. People like you who just want results are glory hunters who don''t care about the club. You just want to be able to say, i saw the good teams play not that Norwich play like a good team and hopefully become a good team.
[/quote]

I won''t support Stoke because I''m from Norwich and thats why I support Norwich. If I came from Stoke then I would support either them or Port Vale!

If you''ve been to more games than me - 5-600, been on 4-5 pre season tours, seen Norwich play on more than 90 grounds then you''d of done well sir, but calling me a glory hunter is laughable and to say I don''t care about the club is equally so!

I''ve probably forgot more games than you''ve been to and I''d guess you are more than likely still going to school!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]Why don''t you go and support stoke then. Norwich are a footballing team and so they should be. People like you who just want results are glory hunters who don''t care about the club. You just want to be able to say, i saw the good teams play not that Norwich play like a good team and hopefully become a good team.[/quote]

I won''t support Stoke because I''m from Norwich and thats why I support Norwich. If I came from Stoke then I would support either them or Port Vale!

If you''ve been to more games than me - 5-600, been on 4-5 pre season tours, seen Norwich play on more than 90 grounds then you''d of done well sir, but calling me a glory hunter is laughable and to say I don''t care about the club is equally so!

I''ve probably forgot more games than you''ve been to and I''d guess you are more than likely still going to school!

[/quote]Why is it laughable to suggest you don''t care about the club. You want the clubs reputation to be demolished by playing hoofball. Carrow Road will be a fortress again if we keep playing proper football.

I never said Hoofball!

Stoke are only direct in the final 3rd an area where its proven and obvious to trained eyes that we haven''t been!

Its laughable being accused of that when you look at the games I''ve been to over the years and the money I''ve spent on the club and the accuser sounding like a 14YO whos only been going a few years!

I only want the best for Norwich and games like Tuesday (and yes I was there!) aren''t the best for us even though we played the much better football ijn the middle of the park! 

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Why is it laughable to suggest you don''t care about the club. You want the clubs reputation to be demolished by playing hoofball. Carrow Road will be a fortress again if we keep playing proper football.

[/quote]

''A fool and his money are soon parted.'' [:-*]

OTBC

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Evidently you would have preferred if we had not been promoted under Ron Saunders in 1971-72?

Dear oh dear.

[:''(]

OTBC

The year we went up we played badly at times, but you knew that if the

opposition scored, we would score another.  Goals win games and poinnts

mean promotion.  Pretty football means f*** all and only a total prat

would advocate sticking to it in times like this. On canary call yesterday we had idiots saying to back Roeder and give him time.  A manager who has 7 strikers to choose from and played a midfielder instead!  Russel missed a sitter yesterday and Pattison had a good heading chance, if it had been Lupoli and Cort on the end of those do yo think we might have scored.What is wrong with some of you?  You seem to totally blinkered to reality.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

Disagree with you SM.

[/quote]

Spot on.  The hoofball thing is a myth - does anyone actually wacht football or do they just spout on here?  Stoke and Hull both pay direct, attacking, never give up football.  Something the pussies who support our team seem to have forgotten.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]