Sign in to follow this  
GMF

Our loans, a success or failure?

Looking at our loans this season, here''s the summary.

Season loans.

1. Omozusi - featured in 19 out of 24 games so far. Successful. (Only problem, Fulham have a one week call back option from the 1st January).

2. Lupoli - four goals in 14 apperances. Most fans seem to be left feeling, why haven''t we seen more? Good strike rate but doesn''t seem to pass the Roeder test. Failure?

3. Koroma - only featured 6 times, only three starts. Unlucky with injury, but can hardly be classified as a success.

4. Archbald-Henville - back training with Spurs reserves whilst we pay his wages for the season. Complete disaster!

Temporary loans.

5. Lita. Six goals in 13 appearances. Say no more, complete success.

6. Kennedy. Two goals in sixteen appearances. Success and looks like he''ll be badly missed if, as expected, he returns to Celtic in January.

7. Bertrand. 20 appearance out of 24 games and would seem to be Roeder''s first choice at left back. One for the future, but seems to be suffering over the last few weeks. Success.

8. Sibierski. 2 goals in 13 appearances, but injury prone and seems certain to return to Wigan on the 18th January.  Not a moment too soon for most.

9. Grounds. Showed promise in his 5 appearances before being recall.

Overall, the season loans have been a disaster area and we probably need three or four replacements in the January window for the temporary loans, most of whom are unlikely to return.   

Good post Gazza but I think to be able to answer the question honestly you would need to know how much they cost.

Loads of fans don''t count the cost of loan players because there is no fee involved. There was a lot of speculation recently that Sibierski would end up costing about £300k in wages and loan fee for his half season. If thats true and the others are similar then they have been a unmitigated disaster. We would have spent loads of our very thin budget on players who leave us with nothing when they''re gone.   

Noting that this was a cheaper more affordable option:Lita - 6 goals, works hard most games, not gonna bone off him like everyone does on here, as i don''t think he''s gods gift, and no way near what Ched was for us, but i have to say he''s a complete success. Would love to see him arrive permenantly for £500k in Jan, although maybe i''m just too hopefulOmozusi - Good for the most part, but can be truly awful, seems to have done well at centre half recently, and seems commited to the cause, hope he doesn''t leave in jan, as i think he''s one of our best defenders, reminds me of Darren Kenton when he converted to Centre Back and was immense. I''ll never for the life of me know how his career stalled after he left us. Anyway, before i run a tangent, Omozusi - Relative Success.Bertrand - Over 2 seasons, complete success, although not as good this season, still a success tho. Will probably be a regular Prem Left Back one day.Kennedy - Mixed feelings about him, came with high hopes and i expected better tbh, but can''t say he has failed - successSibierski - Faliure, simple asOJ - Wait and see, but for now - faliureLupoli - sort of like above, but done well mostly, not gonna go to the nitty gritty, but for the moment - faliure, can see why he struggled last year.TAH - lol, do i even need to answer!Grounds - Outstanding when he was here, shame Boro saw that, and that stupid Aggressive Austrian prick pogatetz got sent off and banned when we needed grounds - Success, just short livederr have i missed anyone?

some good''uns - some plums,,,but overall, to be honest, an unsuccessful summer foray into the market,,,leezer has done well for us in the autumn, but we should have more points on the board - cos he''s off, and as the new financial realities kick in - i have to say i''m less than enthused by the arrival of cort - who looks a journeyman in every sense of the word - but i hope for all our and NCFC sake, he does the biz...

overall success, why? Because if we didnt sign lita, where would we be? The same goes for the defenders, and sibo got us 3 points so yeh, overall succes!

what was the alternative? spillane and martin..., some cheapo lower leaguers, perhaps more of a gamble. we''ll never know if the loans were the way to go, although i suspect it was the best of 3 uninsiring options.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Good post Gazza but I think to be able to answer the question honestly you would need to know how much they cost.

Loads of fans don''t count the cost of loan players because there is no fee involved. There was a lot of speculation recently that Sibierski would end up costing about £300k in wages and loan fee for his half season. If thats true and the others are similar then they have been a unmitigated disaster. We would have spent loads of our very thin budget on players who leave us with nothing when they''re gone.   

[/quote]

Fair point Hairy Canary, although we''re never going to know the full cost in order to pass a decent judgement.

[quote user="max"]overall success, why? Because if we didnt sign lita, where would we be? The same goes for the defenders, and sibo got us 3 points so yeh, overall succes![/quote]What planet do you live on, like roeder he thinks the majority of the loans have been a success, the truth is less than 50% have