Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Mark Fotheringham WHY?

Penalty aside... he is NO good, and even if you argue he is a valid squad member, he certainly isn''t captain material!!!  We have better options, i think he should head north of the boarder in January, FOR FREE.!

Delia s, you hit the nail on the head. But asides, he''s an ok player, just not a captain...

he was good towards the end of last year, why has he become so crap after he was supposed to have come out of the summer break the fittest player in the fittest championship team?

[quote user="6 ft 2 eyes are blue Duncan Forbes is after you"]I can not fathom how a player who does not take responsibility on the pitch is then made captain. Except when he attempts his powder-puff freekicks which are more like a passback to the goalie.  [/quote]

Maybe he has polaroids! [:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="6 ft 2 eyes are blue Duncan Forbes is after you"]I can not fathom how a player who does not take responsibility on the pitch is then made captain. Except when he attempts his powder-puff freekicks which are more like a passback to the goalie.  [/quote]

Maybe he has polaroids! [:D]

[/quote]He certainly runs like a man who has polaroids.

All you have to do is to look at his record at his previous clubs .

Except for three games for Celtic , he has played only for second rate clubs , in the lower divisions of minor european leagues.

Never once as captain . Clearly , Roeder sees something in him that no one else does , I wonder what?

Fotheringham is not championship standard. I heard some people say that he said if we didn''t finish in the top half this season, then he would be leaving. This shows that he is only using Norwich as a stepping stone and does not care about the club. Doherty actually begins to play well as captain and then for some idiotic reason, Roeder brings Fozzy in and makes him captain, and then doherty goes back to his normal self and falls asleep which gives Shane Long a free header for Reading''s second goal. My opinion is if Roeder likes releasing so many players, why has he still got Fotheringham.

I hope Roeder notices that Fozzy is not championship standard and not a natural leader before its too late.

Come on you yellows !!!

[quote user="lynn canary"]

Fotheringham is not championship standard. I heard some people say that he said if we didn''t finish in the top half this season, then he would be leaving. This shows that he is only using Norwich as a stepping stone and does not care about the club. Doherty actually begins to play well as captain and then for some idiotic reason, Roeder brings Fozzy in and makes him captain, and then doherty goes back to his normal self and falls asleep which gives Shane Long a free header for Reading''s second goal. My opinion is if Roeder likes releasing so many players, why has he still got Fotheringham.

I hope Roeder notices that Fozzy is not championship standard and not a natural leader before its too late.  Not much chance of that I''m afraid, he still thinks Russell is the answer to our striker problem.  He also thinks he will fool opposition managers if he plays a naturally right footed player (Bell) on the left, and a naturally left footed player (Pattison) on the right.   As soon as the opposition manager sees our teamsheet and we are playing Russell as a lone striker they must rub their hands with glee. 

Come on you yellows !!!

[/quote]

[quote user="BIGBOB"]

All you have to do is to look at his record at his previous clubs .

Except for three games for Celtic , he has played only for second rate clubs , in the lower divisions of minor european leagues.

Never once as captain . Clearly , Roeder sees something in him that no one else does , I wonder what?

[/quote]

I read somewhere that he had fruitless trials at Leeds and Southampton before Grant signed him on a free. Admittedly he wasn''t fit then. Wasn''t he also released by his Scottish club and the subsequent German side prior to that? Roeder describes his refusal to sign longer than a year''s contract to be admirable but personally I think it''s best that he didn''t. He''s not the worst footballer ever to play for us and I have no objection to him being in the squad, but Roeder''s fixation with him when he writes off others (Chadwick, Lappin and I fear, Drury) does make me question his judgement.