Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Despite the Results have we turned it around?

The last 3 performances have been a vast improvement over the previous 10 or so. I know the results (in 2 of the games) have not swung our way, but I would think no one can deny that something has clicked since beating gimpswitch. Both Watford and Reading could have gone either way, and with a bit more luck we could all have been bleating about reaching the playoffs again.

Personally despite our current precariouos position, I am not worried about relegation, but am a little concerned about...

1. Central defense after Kennedy returns

2. Centre forward after Lita returns.

I am not a Roeder basher, as I think some of who he brought in are fantastic value for (no) money. But (big but) he has also wasted an awful lot on loanee personnel that cannot get in the side. He now says Lupoli is too lightweight. Did he become lightweight since joining us, or did Roeder not research who he was signing properly? We all know the Archibald-Henville story, but it seems Troy is not the only one who''s wages we are paying for nothing.

This January will be make or break with Roeder for me. More untried suspect young loanees and Roeder will lose what respect remains.

[quote user="Big Dave"]

The last 3 performances have been a vast improvement over the previous 10 or so. I know the results (in 2 of the games) have not swung our way, but I would think no one can deny that something has clicked since beating gimpswitch. Both Watford and Reading could have gone either way, and with a bit more luck we could all have been bleating about reaching the playoffs again.

Personally despite our current precariouos position, I am not worried about relegation, but am a little concerned about...

I am not a Roeder basher, as I think some of who he brought in are fantastic value for (no) money. But (big but) he has also wasted an awful lot on loanee personnel that cannot get in the side. He now says Lupoli is too lightweight. Did he become lightweight since joining us, or did Roeder not research who he was signing properly? We all know the Archibald-Henville story, but it seems Troy is not the only one who''s wages we are paying for nothing.

This January will be make or break with Roeder for me. More untried suspect young loanees and Roeder will lose what respect remains.

[/quote]I don''t think we have turned it around at all.  There is the old adage that teams that win trophies find a way to win when they are playing badly.  Flip that around and teams who can''t win when they are playing well are destined to struggle IMO.I really think Roeder needs to take a good hard look at himself.  You can blame the board for lack of funding etc etc but Roeder has assembled a squad with 2 players for each position yet we started yesterdays game with two right midfielders and FOUR holding midfielders, one of whom started up front on his own.  Suprise, suprise we didn''t score!  The board have clearly run out of ideas but you don''t have to have managed England to fail to understand how you can play a holding midfielder up front on his own while you have two strikers sat on the bench, one of whom scored the last time he started a game.  Roeder said the ref cost us the game, I disagree.  What cost us was 6 midfielders in the team and our two most talented players sat on the bench and never got on the pitch. Turned it around? We need to than a couple of good performances and more than 2 wins in 10 games before we can even start talking about turning it around.

Saint C,

You suggest it''s the Board''s fault and they have run out of ideas. Can you really see Delia et al telling Roeder to play 6 midfielders and no striker? Our board have zero footballing talent but just try to do the best by backing the manager with what funds they have. They will have zero influence on what tactics and personnel are picked by the manager. The board get a lot of stick that is really unjustified. They have realised that they don''t have the financial clout to compete anymore, and have put the club up for sale for the sake of the club.

Roeder has made many tactical mistakes, but had Russell''s miss gone in yesterday, then we would have all hailed what a great decision it was. Sometimes one missed shot can make the difference.

Russell out, he missed a chance!

[quote user="Big Dave"]

Saint C,

You suggest it''s the Board''s fault and they have run out of ideas. Can you really see Delia et al telling Roeder to play 6 midfielders and no striker? Our board have zero footballing talent but just try to do the best by backing the manager with what funds they have. They will have zero influence on what tactics and personnel are picked by the manager. The board get a lot of stick that is really unjustified. [/quote]

I don''t think you read my post properly did you? 

When you play 2 midfielders upfront instead of a forward you are always going to have problems. Clearly Roeder falls out with players easily, eg Hoolahan, Lupoli etc and then is too stubburn and arrogant to make peace.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Big Dave"]

Saint C,

You suggest it''s the Board''s fault and they have run out of ideas. Can you really see Delia et al telling Roeder to play 6 midfielders and no striker? Our board have zero footballing talent but just try to do the best by backing the manager with what funds they have. They will have zero influence on what tactics and personnel are picked by the manager. The board get a lot of stick that is really unjustified. [/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I can read......

Quote:- "The board have clearly run out of ideas but you don''t have to have managed England to fail to understand how you can play a holding midfielder up front on his own while you have two strikers sat on the bench, one of whom scored the last time he started a game."

[quote user="Big Dave"][quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Big Dave"]

Saint C,

[/quote]

Yes I can read......

Quote:- "The board have clearly run out of ideas but you don''t have to have managed England to fail to understand how you can play a holding midfielder up front on his own while you have two strikers sat on the bench, one of whom scored the last time he started a game."

[/quote]

"You can blame the board for lack of funding etc etc but Roeder has assembled a squad with 2 players for each position yet we started yesterdays game with two right midfielders and FOUR holding midfielders,"

Read it again, hes not blaming the board.

Dave - How can you say he''s wasted money on loan players when you dont know the terms of the loans?

[quote user="IBA"]Dave - How can you say he''s wasted money on loan players when you dont know the terms of the loans?[/quote]

We don''t get loans for free. Normally all, or a good proportion of a loanees wages will be paid by us.

Troy Archibald-Henville :- Never played. Paying wages until the end of the season. Waste of money.

OJ Koroma :- Played 20 mins away to Southhampton. Paying at least part of his wages until January. Roeder admits he''s not pulling up trees. Waste of money.

Aturo Lupoli :- Don''t understand why he doesn''t play more. His face obviously doesn''t fit any more. Considered too lightweight by Roeder. Waste of money if he''s not going to play him.

Sibierski :- No doubt on quite significant wages. Not interested in Norwich and under performed. Not getting in the side now and Injury being used as the excuse. Waste of money.

50% are a waste of money, I''m sure we could have signed someone half decent and permanently on the 1/2 season''s money wasted on the above.

Bertrtand :- Good, if unnecessary cover when Drury is available.

Omosuzi :- Good if unnecessary cover when Semi is available.

Kennedy :- No complaints. Gamble on his fitness has paid off.

Lita :- Good option given lack of strikers in our own squad. 

A few very similar examples last season that I can''t be bothered to list...

How can you turn it around despite results?  What nonsense.23 games, 23 points.  Relegation form. [quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]

No we are still utter plop and hovering dangerously close to the bottom 3....

Just like the last couple of seasons really.

Wehn are you going to wake up and realise there will be no turn around in fortunes at Carrow Road until there is change at the top???

[quote user="Big Dave"]

[quote user="IBA"]Dave - How can you say he''s wasted money on loan players when you dont know the terms of the loans?[/quote]

We don''t get loans for free. Normally all, or a good proportion of a loanees wages will be paid by us.

Troy Archibald-Henville :- Never played. Paying wages until the end of the season. Waste of money.

OJ Koroma :- Played 20 mins away to Southhampton. Paying at least part of his wages until January. Roeder admits he''s not pulling up trees. Waste of money.

Aturo Lupoli :- Don''t understand why he doesn''t play more. His face obviously doesn''t fit any more. Considered too lightweight by Roeder. Waste of money if he''s not going to play him.

Sibierski :- No doubt on quite significant wages. Not interested in Norwich and under performed. Not getting in the side now and Injury being used as the excuse. Waste of money.

50% are a waste of money, I''m sure we could have signed someone half decent and permanently on the 1/2 season''s money wasted on the above.

Bertrtand :- Good, if unnecessary cover when Drury is available.

Omosuzi :- Good if unnecessary cover when Semi is available.

Kennedy :- No complaints. Gamble on his fitness has paid off.

Lita :- Good option given lack of strikers in our own squad. 

A few very similar examples last season that I can''t be bothered to list...

[/quote]

How can you say that Bertrand & Omozusi are unneccesary cover? 

For years we all complained that Drury wasn''t playing to his full potential simply because there was no other option at left back so he knew his place in the starting ine up was guaranteed.  I''ll admit Bertrand has been unimpressive this season but at least we now have competition at left back.

As for Omozusi you seem to think he is just used as cover for Semi when he can also play centre back.  Who did you think was playing aongside the Doc while Kennedy was suspended?

Dave - with respect, you have absolutely NO idea what you''re talking about.

We are actually paying no wages at all for at least two of the players you listed, the only cost to us is ''expenses'' and insurance

Another player came here after a one off payment was made and I doubt (though I dont know) that we''re only paying a percentage of the other wages, except for Berty who I know we are paying 100% plus expenses and insurance

People really need to stop applying speculation as if its fact

[quote user="Big Dave"] , I''m sure we could have signed someone half decent and permanently on the 1/2 season''s money wasted on the above.[/quote]

Yeah? So you reckon you/somebody/who? could have signed somebody ''half decent'' (whatever that means) and permanently when the entire staff at the club failed to do so

Who might that have been then eh?

LOL