Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Me and Wiz realists, fans and fed up like most of you

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="IBA"]I''ll stick to football thanks[/quote]
Agree I would hate to see Norwich start playing like Stoke. If they did i would stop coming.
[/quote]

So you wouldn''t watch City in the Premier then? sorry, I just don''t believe you!

[/quote]

At the end of 2005/6 we won home game after home game. Six home wins on the trot amidst constant protest from the fans who wanted Worthy Out. The posts said the results were irrellevant, they said they were more concerned with the style of play and didn''t want to pay money to watch hoofball [:S]

You wouldn''t have been on any of those threads would you Wiz [:^)]

[/quote]

In my defence Nutty, that was three years ago, three years of constant failure has an effect on the old wiz!

PS. We want an edit button.............and when do we want it?...............NOW!   [:@]

Still the man[Z][Y]

But you''ll have to flip flop better then that for an equaliser [:O]

Nutty 1 Wiz (just forced a corner but still) 0

[;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well I think it''s realistic to believe that if we keep playing well and dominating games there''s more chance of getting those results.

[/quote]

Your statement is correct.  Yes, it is realistic to believe that a team which consistently plays well and dominates games will get better results than a team which does not consistently play well or dominate games.

Norwich City, sadly, are not a team which consistently plays well and/or dominates games.  So that''s where I would disagree with you: i.e. in reality rather than in theory.

[/quote]

Thanks Mr C, exactly the point I was trying to make, obviously I was too subtle!

Nutty - I know you are ever the optimist, and good on you for that, but the sad truth is we just do not seem able to string back to back wins together at the moment. Following the great performance against Ippo it was almost inevitable that all the good work would be undone by a defeat at Watford (despite GR saying that the win would be the platform for a winning run), and so it came to pass. I kept a watch on how we were doing via Sky Sports News, John Salako was reporting and said that we were playing really well but that Lita needed support up front, the harsh truth is that Watford had two chances and took them, we had numerous chances/corners but only scored once. Roeder said he had an "Ace up his sleeve", could turn out to be the "Joker" instead (I hope not), but at least we now know that there is a good chance that Carl Cort was in ASDA.....

[quote user="1st Wizard"]We want an edit button.............and when do we want it?...............NOW!   [:@][/quote]Blimey wiz, nearly 8000 posts. How long would it take you to edit 4000 posts.....

..... which disagreed with the other 4000 posts? [:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"][quote user="IBA"]I''ll stick to football thanks[/quote]Agree I would hate to see Norwich start playing like Stoke. If they did i would stop coming. [/quote]

So you wouldn''t watch City in the Premier then? sorry, I just don''t believe you!

[/quote]If i had the choice of watching Norwich playing hoofball inthe Prem or not going. Personally i wouldn''t go because it would be embarassing to watch.

SOB - The good work against ipswich has not been undone. We still beat the scum 2-0 and we still have those 3 points. I was at Watford and I know what I saw. I don''t care what John Salako says or what others want to read into what happened. My original question to Wiz, which I''m getting fed up of asking because nobody will answer it, was if we keep playing well and dominating games there''s more chance of getting those results. What do you and Wiz find unrealistic about that?

Nobody has answered that. Even those so clever subtle answers have been to a question I didn''t ask.

Now I didn''t say we were consistent or that we had previously been able to put back to back wins together. I was talking about our performance against Watford and what I felt would happen IF we could consistently repeat it.

As a football fan I am optimistic. I also treasure all my memories more than anyone could know. But Idon''t live in the past and right now we have just had back to back good performances.

Nutty - Easy Tiger!!. I agree with you up to a point, sure if we play well there is more chance of us getting a win, the performance against Ippo should have been a spring board for the start of a run or at least back to back wins, whatever way you want to slice it the record books will show we lost. John Salako was at the game and he knows what he saw, he was full of praise for Norwich, described us as as "brilliant", but just said Lita needed more support.

SOB - I''m chilled out and easy as they come. So I''m going to rephrase my question now. If I take me out of the equation maybe I will get an answer [:O]

Well I think it''s realistic to believe that if we keep playing well and dominating games, as John Salako say''s, there''s more chance of getting those results. What do you and Wiz find unrealistic about that?

Anybody?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

SOB - I''m chilled out and easy as they come. So I''m going to rephrase my question now. If I take me out of the equation maybe I will get an answer [:O]

Well I think it''s realistic to believe that if we keep playing well and dominating games, as John Salako say''s, there''s more chance of getting those results. What do you and Wiz find unrealistic about that?

Anybody?

[/quote]

You''re being cute and you know it.

There''s nothing unrealistic about your statement.

It''s all about the word "if" which you preface it with.

"if we keep playing well and dominating games, as John Salako say''s, there''s more chance of getting those results."

It''s a big if.  Literally.

Nutty - Lets get some things straight:

1) I do not have a problem with you as a poster, in fact you are one of my favourite posters, I certainly would not temper my response because it was you that posted

2) Read my previous post again. I agreed that it is realistic to expect that the results will come if we continue to dominate games.

3) My point is quite simple, despite dominating the game against Watford we lost, this is an undeniable fact (very rare on this message board)

We both agree that more consistency is needed, I just feel it goes a bit deeper than that, in that I feel we need to start taking our chances (like Watford did) and I do not believe this is the first game this season we have played well and lost because we failed to take chances when they came our way.

Mister and SOB - My original question which was prefaced by the word if was specifically about the game I saw against Watford on Tuesday but you can also include Ipswich on Sunday. And if you want the first half at Sheffield. 5 good halves out of 6 could well be a sign that some consistency is beginning to happen. I stand by that and don''t feel I''m being "cute"[:O]

We had 13 corners against Watford but didn''t score from any. If we win 13 corners every game there''s more chance of us scoring than if we only win one. The performances, especially away from home are a million miles better than what we became used to over the last few seasons. Burnley was an exception rather than the rule. Would anyone have asked for their money back after Sheffield or Watford? We are more likely to win by playing good football and taking the game tpo the opposition or am I the only person who can see this?

Then yes, a team that plays well will do better in the long run than one which doesn''t play well.  I never realised until now what a rocket scientist I could have been.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Then yes, a team that plays well will do better in the long run than one which doesn''t play well.  I never realised until now what a rocket scientist I could have been.

[/quote]

You''re halfway there Mister.. have you noticed us playing well with a little more consistency in the last few games?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Then yes, a team that plays well will do better in the long run than one which doesn''t play well.  I never realised until now what a rocket scientist I could have been.[/quote]

You''re halfway there Mister.. have you noticed us playing well with a little more consistency in the last few games?

[/quote]

Swansea - no consistency between 1st and 2nd half

Forest - yes

Palace - no consistency between 1st and 2nd half

Wednesday - no consistency between 1st and 2nd half

Ipswich - yes

Watford - wasn''t there, but will take your word for it

Overall - we are not consistent.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Then yes, a team that plays well will do better in the long run than one which doesn''t play well.  I never realised until now what a rocket scientist I could have been.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Forest - yes

Ipswich - yes

[/quote]

Do you see an improvement in consistency of performances in the last few games?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Then yes, a team that plays well will do better in the long run than one which doesn''t play well.  I never realised until now what a rocket scientist I could have been.[/quote]

[/quote]

Forest - yes

Ipswich - yes

[/quote]

[/quote]No.  We play well, and then we don''t play well.  The only recent game with 100% consistency was the derby.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Forest - yes

Ipswich - yes

[/quote]

[/quote]

The only consistency I can see Nigel is that we can''t even win when we play well.

A very bad sign in my opinion.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Forest - yes

Ipswich - yes

[/quote]

[/quote]

The only consistency I can see Nigel is that we can''t even win when we play well.

A very bad sign in my opinion.

[/quote]They say a good team can win when they''re not playing well.  Does that mean a poor team loses even when playing well?

Love all the quotes about they say the sign of a good team ..... [|-)]

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind what is the significance a clean desk[:^)]

Sometimes I think some fans would prefer we were playing badly because there''s no doubt about a side who plays badly and loses.

SOB - The good work against ipswich has not been undone. We still beat the scum 2-0 and we still have those 3 points. I was at Watford and I know what I saw. I don''t care what John Salako says or what others want to read into what happened. My original question to Wiz, which I''m getting fed up of asking because nobody will answer it, was if we keep playing well and dominating games there''s more chance of getting those results. What do you and Wiz find unrealistic about that?

Nobody has answered that. Even those so clever subtle answers have been to a question I didn''t ask.

Now I didn''t say we were consistent or that we had previously been able to put back to back wins together. I was talking about our performance against Watford and what I felt would happen IF we could consistently repeat it.

As a football fan I am optimistic. I also treasure all my memories more than anyone could know. But Idon''t live in the past and right now we have just had back to back good performances.

[/quote]

Its not the question I''m having trouble with, its the bloody answer! [;)]

Nutty 2 Wiz still 0

Nutty - Can I just pick you up on one thing, you say if we have more corners we are more likely to score, but earlier in your post you say we had 13 corners at Watford but did not score from any..........

It comes back to the original point I was trying to make which is we need to improve the quality of our finishing, and from the 13 corners and no goals the quality of our set pieces?......

SOB - That''s exactly what I say, if we have more corners we are more likely to score. I am not so stupid as to think we are more likely to score if we don''t improve our finishing. If we improve our finishing but don''t win any corners we won''t score from any will we?[:S]

And Mister- Were you that guy who called Canary Call with that old chestnut about the sign of a good team? That was a classic Canary Call moment for sure. I''m quite jealous of you "Wireless Watchers" who have such great entertainment every week. We even had Len from Lenwade! I hear Lois from Lowestoft may be making an appearance next week[:O]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Nutty - And if we do not improve the delivery of our corners it will not matter if we have good finishers or not [:^)][/quote]i would say generally, in the past few weeks, since leezer arrived, and bell got going with his set pieces - we have probably scored more goals from dead ball posi''s than for a long, long while.  since maybe the days of malky...bell has the ability to be pin point and consistent in his delivery''s and i would like to see the boyon the right wing, playing to his obvious strengths,,,so what happened at watford???we dominated, but failed to convert our chances, while leaking soft goals down the other end...for me, watford was another missed opportunity - we should have built on the success of the derby win - but by changing the line-up and formation, we failed to take advantage...