Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Strictly Come and Watch Norwich City Play Away From Home

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Mister and SOB - My original question which was prefaced by the word if

was specifically about the game I saw against Watford on Tuesday but

you can also include Ipswich on Sunday. And if you want the first half

at Sheffield. 5 good halves out of 6 could well be a sign that some

consistency is beginning to happen. I stand by that and don''t feel I''m

being "cute"Surprise [:O][/quote]

So, we''ve played "well" in our last three away games, in which we have conceded 7 goals,

scored 3 goals, and picked up no points.  Saying "well, mustn''t

grumble, at least we''re playing good football" would be reasonable if a

Strictly Come Dancing style panel of judges were to be employed at the end of each match instead of relying on the scoreboard:

Len Goodman: "When I watch football, I look for entertainment

and footwork.  David Marshall, you were in charge of the goal today

but, let me tell you, with moves like that you could be in charge of

the Royal Albert Hall!" (rapturous applause)

Arlene Phillips: "Mark Fotheringham, I just loved your work rate

and the way you clapped your hands a lot.  Forget Mark Fotheringham,

you were more like Marc Antony!"

(rapturous applause)

Bruno Tonioli:  "Darel Russell, you had everything - power,

pizzazz, passion - you were like the Lion King himself out there

tonight.  In fact, you are a Lion King, and your territory is the six

yard box.  RRRRAAARRR!" (camp claw-like hand movement)

(rapturous applause)

Craig Revell-Hall: "Yessssss......a couple of things I didn''t like - you let in two goals, and you didn''t score any." (cue hissing and booing)

We have to accept that performances without points are a bit like a Audi A4 without an engine: it looks nice, but doesn''t actually get you anywhere.

Great stuff Chops, was wondering though if you were working on a city version of the great old Christmas Carol? Or would that just be a bit too close for comfort?

A plea from someone with a weak heart, don''t do an X Factor version lol

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Mister and SOB - My original question which was prefaced by the word if was specifically about the game I saw against Watford on Tuesday but you can also include Ipswich on Sunday. And if you want the first half at Sheffield. 5 good halves out of 6 could well be a sign that some consistency is beginning to happen. I stand by that and don''t feel I''m being "cute"Surprise [:O][/quote]

So, we''ve played "well" in our last three away games, in which we have conceded 7 goals, scored 3 goals, and picked up no points.  Saying "well, mustn''t grumble, at least we''re playing good football" would be reasonable if a Strictly Come Dancing style panel of judges were to be employed at the end of each match instead of relying on the scoreboard:

Len Goodman: "When I watch football, I look for entertainment and footwork.  David Marshall, you were in charge of the goal today but, let me tell you, with moves like that you could be in charge of the Royal Albert Hall!" (rapturous applause)

Arlene Phillips:
"Mark Fotheringham, I just loved your work rate and the way you clapped your hands a lot.  Forget Mark Fotheringham, you were more like Marc Antony!" (rapturous applause)

Bruno Tonioli:  "Darel Russell, you had everything - power, pizzazz, passion - you were like the Lion King himself out there tonight.  In fact, you are a Lion King, and your territory is the six yard box.  RRRRAAARRR!" (camp claw-like hand movement)
(rapturous applause)

Craig Revell-Hall:
"Yessssss......a couple of things I didn''t like - you let in two goals, and you didn''t score any." (cue hissing and booing)

We have to accept that performances without points are a bit like a Audi A4 without an engine: it looks nice, but doesn''t actually get you anywhere.

[/quote]And if the driver hasn''t got a license then you really are buggered